Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

How many miles will you lose as Kingfisher goes bust?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many miles will you lose as Kingfisher goes bust?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CC, HH DM, SQ SLTRE, BonvoyTit, UK SL, VS Wings, UA, DL, AA
I was 99k, but went on a redemption frenzy on MAA-BOM and MAA-BLR vv. After today, down to 7k. Unfortunately MAA-BOM is now "Kingfisher class" service and not Kingfisher red - so redemption at a higher rate for water thimbles and crappy sandwich rolls.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:37 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Keyser, did you get a boarding pass with a white sticky dot on it? Beneath the dot there's the Oneworld logo!
Good grief... I nearly choked when I read that hahahaha
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
As I mentioned in a different thread, I flew PNQ-DEL on Monday and the food offering on a flight leaving at 11.30 was a sorry looking roll with a mystery filling. When I asked what it was, all the FA could say was "It's a burger sir, a burger". Be thankful for your biryani! Drinks were limited to those thimble sized bottles of water.
i was in first so maybe that's why i got the biryani instead of the burger....

Keyser, did you get a boarding pass with a white sticky dot on it? Beneath the dot there's the Oneworld logo!
didn't notice but i still have the boarding pass back at the office so will check later....
Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
just flew bom-del yesterday....the flight was on time but the aircraft condition was terrible....torn & dirty seats, torn carpet, no drinks offered (except water) for the duration of the flight, meal option was veg or non-veg biryani (which surprisingly was good)....the flight was full though which i guess is a good sign for kingfisher....
i flew bom-del-bom over the weekend - the bom-del flight condition was as you describe it - terrible

but interestingly the del-bom aircraft seemed relatively new - greyish interiors with no screens - and in good condition

both flights were full. The FAs were friendly

the food - coleslaw s/w for b/f and roll for dinner was passable (so i passed)

the biggest +ive since they seemed to have shut of the IFE - the king of good times no longer welcomes us on board with his creepy statement on how he personally selects the crew
Old Apr 11, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by manuc
but interestingly the del-bom aircraft seemed relatively new - greyish interiors with no screens - and in good condition
i'm flying del-bom in a couple of weeks on kingfisher so its good to know that there are still some decent aircrafts in service....just to be on the safe side i also have a booking on jet an hour later, in case the kingfisher flight gets cancelled....
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: AMEX Cent AU, UA Plat, 9W Plat, Amtrak S+, HHonors Slv
Thankfully only around 20k myself (my condolences for your loss, Keyser), but one of my good friends based out of MAA had the Amex and had accumulated over 300k in preparation for redeeming on a honeymoon flight early next year.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 4:20 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Taj IC Silver, *Gold, OW Ruby, 9W Gold, IT Gold
Flew DEL-BOM on Tuesday in J, was redeeming a return ticket earned on Amex KFF. Had a terrible experience - flight was delayed by 2 hours (and of course, they kept pushing it back in blocks of 30 mins); aircraft was in terrible shape; 'food' served was pav-bhaji (or at least an attempt to prepare that).

Reached airport ahead of time and then realized they have also dismantled the lounge on 1st floor at T3; been operating with the CCD on ground floor.

20% occupancy in J; even Economy didn't look full. Worrying signs. Flying BOM-DEL tomorrow, let's see.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:11 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Bingham Boy

Reached airport ahead of time and then realized they have also dismantled the lounge on 1st floor at T3; been operating with the CCD on ground floor.
have they dismantled the 'real lounge' at t3 international as well? domestic they only had a sports bar IIRC
Old Apr 12, 2012, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

been operating with the CCD on ground floor.
ai uses the cafe coffee day as well....its was pretty bad the last time i was there....
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:08 am

20% occupancy in J; even Economy didn't look full. Worrying signs. Flying BOM-DEL tomorrow, let's see.
how many J seats were in your craft. the bom-del-bom i flew over the weekend had only 4 each way!!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
how many J seats were in your craft. the bom-del-bom i flew over the weekend had only 4 each way!!
4 seats! You mean just one row of J!?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Taj IC Silver, *Gold, OW Ruby, 9W Gold, IT Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
have they dismantled the 'real lounge' at t3 international as well? domestic they only had a sports bar IIRC
No idea about the international one but guess that would have to go too, now that most (all?) international routes have been closed down.

The domestic KF lounge on first floor (adjacent to the Jet lounge) used to have a half-decent buffet, beer etc. Now the restaurant/bar is only on paid basis. Don't know if that's the sports bar you are referring to.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
ai uses the cafe coffee day as well....its was pretty bad the last time i was there....
Same thing again; stale croissants and sandwiches. Leave alone the food, the ground staff was pretty clueless too - had not clue whether the incoming flight had landed etc. (or maybe she was feigning ignorance to avoid arguments with passengers)
Old Apr 12, 2012, 3:04 pm

20; 5 rows. 4 passengers.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by A2A
No idea about the international one but guess that would have to go too, now that most (all?) international routes have been closed down.

The domestic KF lounge on first floor (adjacent to the Jet lounge) used to have a half-decent buffet, beer etc. Now the restaurant/bar is only on paid basis. Don't know if that's the sports bar you are referring to.
I used the EK lounge at DEL last week and so walked past the IT lounge. It was open. It's being used by the OW carriers. I wonder if it will quickly morph into a OW lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.