Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

How many miles will you lose as Kingfisher goes bust?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How many miles will you lose as Kingfisher goes bust?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Jasepl - I think the confusion arose from the fact that AAEXP_09 used USD 3300 ai. I think he may have meant ai as all inclusive, and not Air India...
Oh yeah.

Clearly the caffeine hadn't kicked in when I read that !
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:35 am

Programs: Kingclub - Gold,Skywards Silver,Jet Privilege Blue Plus,IHG Platinum,Marriott Silver,QMiles Burgundy
Originally Posted by GUWonder
What does 64k get you?
[I do a fair amount of DEL-SXR, but isn't this a tad bit early if the idea is to stick to Srinagar?]

I am feeling bad for you folks with large IT balances.
2 Del-SXR return in IT business = 64k miles
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:57 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
About 15k. Only good for BLR-HYD or MAA or something similar. They are repeatedly cancelling flights, so it is tough to book anything.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: 9W Silver
Only 6K thankfully. Wish there was a way to transfer it out to something useful but too late for that now..
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:56 pm

Programs: King Club ; Taj ; Jet
150K - most of it through Amex spends.

I called Amex yesterday and checked on the viability of the Kingfisher Amex card and they told me that if I chose another card, the Kingfisher card would get automatically cancelled. I asked if there are any offers on and the answer was no.

Anybody converted their card to a different one and got any offers?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ramvish
150K - most of it through Amex spends.

I called Amex yesterday and checked on the viability of the Kingfisher Amex card and they told me that if I chose another card, the Kingfisher card would get automatically cancelled. I asked if there are any offers on and the answer was no.

Anybody converted their card to a different one and got any offers?
welcome to ft ramvish....

did you ask them what would happen to all the points they automatically converted to king miles????
Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by manuc
i guess we all knew the day was coming
i just burnt 110 K miles on 6 Bom Del RT Y redemptions over the easter weekend - if IT survives the week we will go to Agra for a long weekend - if they dont survive i guess its khandala or mahabaleshwar

so now down to just 26 K miles
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:02 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Keyser
welcome to ft ramvish....

did you ask them what would happen to all the points they automatically converted to king miles????
amex may convert them back to MR points .. but right now speculating basis a chat with an amex guy a few weeks back
Old Apr 1, 2012, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i got rid of most of my miles by booking a number of flights but i had to cancel them all today so i'm back up to about 600k....
just booked 5 domestic flights on kingfisher first for 110k points....hopefully the flights will not get cancelled & my point balance will be down to a more respectful 500k....
Old Apr 3, 2012, 4:04 am

86k Miles.

Unfortunately.. I kept accumulating Miles on Emirates/BA to King program... with a thought of taking a nice tour around India. My dreams may be a bit overcasted right now.

Last edited by slamdunkrookie; Apr 3, 2012 at 4:26 am
Old Apr 3, 2012, 6:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by AJLondon
And that is relevant to this thread because...??

Jasepl - I think the confusion arose from the fact that AAEXP_09 used USD 3300 ai. I think he may have meant ai as all inclusive, and not Air India...
Finally it happened, on AoI forum too. I had raised the point in Mileage Run deals forum that AI (for all inclusive) was confusing as it could also mean Air India.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Taj IC Silver, *Gold, OW Ruby, 9W Gold, IT Gold
just booked 5 domestic flights on kingfisher first for 110k points....hopefully the flights will not get cancelled & my point balance will be down to a more respectful 500k....
Showing tons of options these days; am inclined to burn out my tiny set of 22k miles on DEL-BOM RT Y. How reliable are they on this sector these days? Did you travel already?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bingham Boy
Showing tons of options these days; am inclined to burn out my tiny set of 22k miles on DEL-BOM RT Y. How reliable are they on this sector these days? Did you travel already?
just flew bom-del yesterday....the flight was on time but the aircraft condition was terrible....torn & dirty seats, torn carpet, no drinks offered (except water) for the duration of the flight, meal option was veg or non-veg biryani (which surprisingly was good)....the flight was full though which i guess is a good sign for kingfisher....
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Taj IC Silver, *Gold, OW Ruby, 9W Gold, IT Gold
he flight was full though which i guess is a good sign for kingfisher....
Sure is. Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: BA
just flew bom-del yesterday....the flight was on time but the aircraft condition was terrible....torn & dirty seats, torn carpet, no drinks offered (except water) for the duration of the flight, meal option was veg or non-veg biryani (which surprisingly was good)....the flight was full though which i guess is a good sign for kingfisher....
As I mentioned in a different thread, I flew PNQ-DEL on Monday and the food offering on a flight leaving at 11.30 was a sorry looking roll with a mystery filling. When I asked what it was, all the FA could say was "It's a burger sir, a burger". Be thankful for your biryani! Drinks were limited to those thimble sized bottles of water.

The flight routing was odd too. We essentially flew west to Mumbai and then north following the usual BOM-DEL track.

Keyser, did you get a boarding pass with a white sticky dot on it? Beneath the dot there's the Oneworld logo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.