Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI FFP -- Anyone has done Status match successfully

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI FFP -- Anyone has done Status match successfully

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 3:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The maharaja club T&C makes hillarious reading. They seem to be very particular about the up-/downgrading tier so it appears 4-5 times in the T&C.

The best one is this:
Members satisfying a minimum mileage points/sectors/qualifying flights count criteria on Air India (AI and IC designated flights) or any invitation criteria prescribed by Air India, as set down from time to time, would be selected/ invited to join the Club
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:29 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by avm2806
things will change upon joining *A and they will be audited for handing out status, since its reciprocal arrangement... I think the merger of AI and IC status which happened a while ago (even though FR was one program, IC handed out Silver Edge and Golden Edge, and AI had Leading Edge and Maharajah club)...

So don't give up on AI yet...
Why would *A audit AI about handing out status? As long as AI elite status levels map to Star Silver and/or Star Gold as AI ends up informing * to be teh case, what would be the issue over handing out status (or not) however AI does it? AI will still get debited in some form by other * carriers for AI elites who use those * benefits with the other * airlines that come with an assignable hard cost (i.e. lounge use benefit).
Old Apr 15, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Why would *A audit AI about handing out status? As long as AI elite status levels map to Star Silver and/or Star Gold as AI ends up informing * to be teh case, what would be the issue over handing out status (or not) however AI does it? AI will still get debited in some form by other * carriers for AI elites who use those * benefits with the other * airlines that come with an assignable hard cost (i.e. lounge use benefit).
But dont you think AI would have to publish how people can get status? THey cannot have a "mystery" status page on the website....since AFAIK, all Star Partners have published how one can achieve status with them.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by snod08
But dont you think AI would have to publish how people can get status? THey cannot have a "mystery" status page on the website....since AFAIK, all Star Partners have published how one can achieve status with them.
i agree....i think the mystery page will be replaced by a proper published status page pretty soon....
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by snod08
While I am of the thought that AI will publish the qualification levels for status upon getting further along in the process of becoming a * member, I don't see * conducting an audit of how AI hands out status once * knows which AI status members to map to *S and which to map to *G.

A variety of * carriers have a history of granting/pulling (or not granting/pulling) elite status when the criteria for the status being acquired/denied was not advertised -- and for those situations I don't recall * making even a whimper of a complaint about such situations.

Small and big * airlines alike hand out status quite routinely to those who don't meet any published criteria to acquire it -- without getting audited by * for it.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 15, 2011 at 6:15 am
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:38 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CC, HH DM, SQ SLTRE, BonvoyTit, UK SL, VS Wings, UA, DL, AA
IT dished out Gold cards to everyone and anyone - sign up for the amex card and you have gold etc... based on their entry to oneworld they've pulled back all indefinite status commitments - gold is now given as a onetime benefit and needs to be earned after that...

I suspect AI will have to like you said be more clear about how to earn status, and also, while they will be able to give out status as all airlines do to key persons - I am sure it won't be handed out as freely - but no doubt, they will continue to give status to those with influence...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by avm2806
IT dished out Gold cards to everyone and anyone - sign up for the amex card and you have gold etc... based on their entry to oneworld they've pulled back all indefinite status commitments - gold is now given as a onetime benefit and needs to be earned after that...

I suspect AI will have to like you said be more clear about how to earn status, and also, while they will be able to give out status as all airlines do to key persons - I am sure it won't be handed out as freely - but no doubt, they will continue to give status to those with influence...
this part is not a problem.. but they need to cpme up with the qualification criterion fast IMO.. from what I know they hv quite good redemption options but this grey area w.r.t acheiveing status leave many folks disgruntled..
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:51 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CC, HH DM, SQ SLTRE, BonvoyTit, UK SL, VS Wings, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
this part is not a problem.. but they need to cpme up with the qualification criterion fast IMO.. from what I know they hv quite good redemption options but this grey area w.r.t acheiveing status leave many folks disgruntled..
I agree completely - and having unpublished vague criteria makes no sense. For example, if I was 2 flights away from Gold, I might choose to fly AI over
9W on a flight, and there is a lot of revenue they are losing by those who would be close to requisite criteria and opt not to fly with there is no way of knowing... but AI doesn't seem to be too bothered about revenue, more about flying politicians around the country side and beyond.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.