FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   AI FFP -- Anyone has done Status match successfully (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1204990-ai-ffp-anyone-has-done-status-match-successfully.html)

abhilife2001 Apr 13, 2011 2:32 am

AI FFP -- Anyone has done Status match successfully

Has anyone done or tried doing Status match with AI's ffp..
I wanted this if possible from EK Gold or M&M FTL.

Thanks

avm2806 Apr 13, 2011 6:06 am

Never tried - but AI has no clearly publicly published requirements for FFP status - more like a case of who you know and how well you know them... so I doubt AI would be far thinking enough to do a status match...

abhilife2001 Apr 13, 2011 7:11 am

Originally Posted by avm2806 (Post 16209828)
Never tried - but AI has no clearly publicly published requirements for FFP status - more like a case of who you know and how well you know them... so I doubt AI would be far thinking enough to do a status match...

I realise this.. the problem is also that we (or atleast I) am not aware of requirements to move from base status to elite etc.. I guess this will be one of the prerequisites of joining *A specially since they will have to map their statuses to *S and *Gold..

snod08 Apr 13, 2011 7:27 am

Originally Posted by avm2806 (Post 16209828)

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 16210100)
I realise this.. the problem is also that we (or atleast I) am not aware of requirements to move from base status to elite etc.. I guess this will be one of the prerequisites of joining *A specially since they will have to map their statuses to *S and *Gold..

I agree with avm2806.

I flew about 20K miles in paid J on AI (year 2009/2010).
I emailed about how can I acquire status. They said, they wont give me status unless I am living in India. Then, I changed my profile to have an Indian address. And then, asked how to get status. They chose to simply ignore me.

I guess I am not getting any status with AI. However, I dont mind flying AI if its the best / cheapest option for somewhat short international flights (e.g. MAA-SIN).

snod08 Apr 13, 2011 7:27 am

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 16210100)

Also, yes, the requirements for status levels are not published. I asked for that as well. They never replied.:rolleyes:

HONcircle Apr 13, 2011 11:24 am

Any links/ details of how to status match by AI? Can someone please PM me the answer?

snod08 Apr 13, 2011 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by HONcircle (Post 16211603)
Any links/ details of how to status match by AI? Can someone please PM me the answer?

We dont even know if they will status match.

abhilife2001 Apr 14, 2011 4:36 am

Originally Posted by HONcircle (Post 16211603)

I wish someone knew.. as evident from this thread many open questions on how the ffp works etc etc..:(

LonLH Apr 14, 2011 5:05 am

Originally Posted by snod08 (Post 16210174)
I agree with avm2806.

I flew about 20K miles in paid J on AI (year 2009/2010).
I emailed about how can I acquire status. They said, they wont give me status unless I am living in India. Then, I changed my profile to have an Indian address. And then, asked how to get status. They chose to simply ignore me.

That is clearly hogwash. I used to fly LHR-ORD a lot with a with a client who was senior official of Ispat. He was living in London and was a member of Maharajah club and used to get me upgraded to F almost 100% as my company policy allowed only J travel (even though AI F those days used to be around GBP 1200, less than half of BA J fare).

avm2806 Apr 14, 2011 5:57 am

Originally Posted by LonLH (Post 16216078)
That is clearly hogwash. I used to fly LHR-ORD a lot with a with a client who was senior official of Ispat. He was living in London and was a member of Maharajah club and used to get me upgraded to F almost 100% as my company policy allowed only J travel (even though AI F those days used to be around GBP 1200, less than half of BA J fare).

He or someone at HQ for ISPAT obviously knew someone well at AI to get that status... honestly that is the only way... a friend of mind did a short stint at sales with AI and that's how I managed to get Silver Edge Club and it keeps getting renewed in spite of the fact that I hardly fly AI at all...

abhilife2001 Apr 14, 2011 5:59 am

Originally Posted by avm2806 (Post 16216224)
He or someone at HQ for ISPAT obviously knew someone well at AI to get that status... honestly that is the only way... a friend of mind did a short stint at sales with AI and that's how I managed to get Silver Edge Club and it keeps getting renewed in spite of the fact that I hardly fly AI at all...

Originally Posted by LonLH (Post 16216078)

But i believe all this will be needed to change once they join *A and hence am sure they are planning something or atleast I hope they are :)

LonLH Apr 14, 2011 6:56 am

Originally Posted by avm2806 (Post 16216224)

I am sure that is the case- his secretary used to take my PNRs and get me upgraded without any hassle. So all this talk that status is only for Indian residents in rubbish. If you know someone in AI, you can get it.

snod08 Apr 14, 2011 7:00 am

Originally Posted by LonLH (Post 16216447)
I am sure that is the case- his secretary used to take my PNRs and get me upgraded without any hassle. So all this talk that status is only for Indian residents in rubbish. If you know someone in AI, you can get it.

Unfortunately, I dont know anyone at AI.

So, I guess I should not waste too much money on AI in the hope of getting some invisible status.

avm2806 Apr 14, 2011 11:55 am

things will change upon joining *A and they will be audited for handing out status, since its reciprocal arrangement... I think the merger of AI and IC status which happened a while ago (even though FR was one program, IC handed out Silver Edge and Golden Edge, and AI had Leading Edge and Maharajah club)...

So don't give up on AI yet...

Keyser Apr 14, 2011 12:42 pm

a few years ago i received a card with maharaja status, which i believe is their top status....my card was due to expire last month & i received a regular card this time....my travel pattern on ai has not changed over the last few years....infact, i think i flew more on ai last year than i did the year i got maharaja status....so i have no clue how they give out elite status or what the criteria is....