Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

9W: What if you forget your upgrade vouchers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2011, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Say if you have a confirmed upgrade on a 9W domestic flight using vouchers and then you turn up at check-in without them? Do they downgrade you or let you fly in biz?

A couple of times the agent has forgot to take them off me and it seems that they are void anyway after the flight as their system knows that its been used so I don't see why they should mind.

Reason I ask is that I wanna upgrade someone as a surprise, hence why they won't be carrying their vouchers.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you won't be allowed to travel in business if you can't produce the voucher on request....once i booked a flight for my mother but she forgot to carry her voucher....she was denied the upgrade....

if you want to surprise someone then i suggest sending the voucher to the local jet airways office in your city & have them put a note on the reservation that the voucher has been submitted....
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
you won't be allowed to travel in business if you can't produce the voucher on request....once i booked a flight for my mother but she forgot to carry her voucher....she was denied the upgrade....

if you want to surprise someone then i suggest sending the voucher to the local jet airways office in your city & have them put a note on the reservation that the voucher has been submitted....
saad have they ever forgotten to take the voucher of you? The problem is the flight is tomorrow.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 7:44 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by lallyr
saad have they ever forgotten to take the voucher of you? The problem is the flight is tomorrow.
Once at check-in they did forget. And as I was sitting in 1A, with my nimbu pani welcome drink, just before doors close the lady who had checked me in came huffing and puffing, and asked me for the voucher as she had forgotten at check-in! Seemed very relieved to get it in her hands from me!

On another occasion however, I had only 4 vouchers on me, but needed 5 for the J -> F upgrade, and they were happy to do it on an honour basis, as I was well known to the duty manager, and he to me! On my next trip, I did find him and offer that 5th voucher.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 8:09 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CC, HH DM, SQ SLTRE, BonvoyTit, UK SL, VS Wings, UA, DL, AA
As per directive of Mrs. Goyal herself, the ground staff get in serious trouble and are personally fined if vouchers are not collected.

Too many people were confirming bookings and not showing up with the vouchers.

There is no computer system that tracks them - it is only the physical handing over of the vouchers that deems them used.

They used to do a "honor" system for known passengers but with many people playing dumb and refusing to give the vouchers after the fact where they have no recourse they have become very stringent about this, and understably so.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avm2806
There is no computer system that tracks them - it is only the physical handing over of the vouchers that deems them used.
They knew my vouchers had been used the two times I genuinely forgot to hand over the vouchers in the last year.

In fact they even knew the flights. So I guess they must have a way to track them now.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
many times....my wife's ticket is either always on miles or upgraded with vouchers....they have forgotten to take them more times than i can remember....

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Once at check-in they did forget. And as I was sitting in 1A, with my nimbu pani welcome drink, just before doors close the lady who had checked me in came huffing and puffing, and asked me for the voucher as she had forgotten at check-in! Seemed very relieved to get it in her hands from me!
this has happened to me a couple of times....minus the nimbu pani drink....
Old Feb 1, 2011, 11:28 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
this has happened to me a couple of times....minus the nimbu pani drink....
On yesterday's BOM-DEL in Premiere, the welcome drink was either nimbu pani or a banana milk shake which looked like very very white curdled dahi!! Seriously, whatever happened to the simple fresh juice options! In the entire J cabin, I did not see a single person choose that milkshake!
Old Feb 1, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AJLondon
On yesterday's BOM-DEL in Premiere, the welcome drink was either nimbu pani or a banana milk shake which looked like very very white curdled dahi!! Seriously, whatever happened to the simple fresh juice options! In the entire J cabin, I did not see a single person choose that milkshake!
i normally just ask for a glass of water....
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nimbu pani for me.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nimbu pani for me.
or watermelon juice....but they only have that on select routes....
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:55 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Nimbu pani for me.
+1.. these taste great specially as its chilled..

aha.. went with this once.. got stomach problems the next 2 days.. never touched it again..
Old Feb 2, 2011, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
aha.. went with this once.. got stomach problems the next 2 days.. never touched it again..
luckily no problems for me so far....but i have probably jinxed it by saying this now....
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
+1.. these taste great specially as its chilled..
I must say I haven't found any nimbu pani to taste as good. Actually the one at Delhi Golf Club comes a very close second.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yeah love that. Always have that when flying to/from LHR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.