Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways to reduce Johannesburg service from Oct 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways to reduce Johannesburg service from Oct 2010

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2010, 3:17 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by B747-437B
The unfortunate reality of doing business in South Africa is that it is not a level playing field when you are competing against a state-owned or appropriately connected "empowered" company. I won't go into specifics on a public forum, but there is bad blood between Jet Airways and SAA already because of some disputes regarding the A340 lease deal and I don't doubt that the various SA agencies are making life difficult for 9W as a result.

The entire business environment in SA is very much an old boys club (two different clubs available depending on race though!) rather than a meritocracy. Corruption is not just rife, but it is often the only way to get even simple transactions completed. And heaven help you if you have to deal with the bureaucracy.
SAA also lists as one of Jet's partner airlines...wonder how this works bearing in mind what you had posted above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.