Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways to reduce Johannesburg service from Oct 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2010, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

http://airlineroute.net/2010/09/23/9w-jnb-reduction/

Route not doing well, I gather?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i guess that was always on the cards....they cashed in on the world cup & now its time to pull things back a little....
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Wonder what current loads are like on this route..??
Old Sep 25, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
If I were Jet, I would simply fly on days that SAA doesn't! (or on days where Jet has verified loads on board...)

Originally Posted by quarryking
Wonder what current loads are like on this route..??
Probably not as bad as Saad's recent HKG-DEL flight!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
What about it? Only pax???
Old Sep 25, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Saad and only one other pax in J...
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:07 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
HKG-DEL or DEL-BKK!?
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
HKG-DEL or DEL-BKK!?
Sorry if I misposted - feel free to correct - I'm dealing with a lot of different issues right now!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: Voyager
SAA's fight back

Well I can tell you that SAA is posting one big fight! I cannot say for sure, but their ad campaign might just be bearing fruit!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by agstene
Well I can tell you that SAA is posting one big fight! I cannot say for sure, but their ad campaign might just be bearing fruit!
Where is that? In SA?

They were advertising in BOM for a bit, but that has died down now...

The fact of the matter is that SAA would have to do more than advertise - Jet has more loyal elites and also flies more often, so SAA better ramp up to daily departures, and only then they might impact Jet!
Old Sep 25, 2010, 10:51 am

The unfortunate reality of doing business in South Africa is that it is not a level playing field when you are competing against a state-owned or appropriately connected "empowered" company. I won't go into specifics on a public forum, but there is bad blood between Jet Airways and SAA already because of some disputes regarding the A340 lease deal and I don't doubt that the various SA agencies are making life difficult for 9W as a result.

The entire business environment in SA is very much an old boys club (two different clubs available depending on race though!) rather than a meritocracy. Corruption is not just rife, but it is often the only way to get even simple transactions completed. And heaven help you if you have to deal with the bureaucracy.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Sorry if I misposted - feel free to correct - I'm dealing with a lot of different issues right now!
its ok....i forgive you....
Old Sep 25, 2010, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If I were Jet, I would simply fly on days that SAA doesn't! (or on days where Jet has verified loads on board...)

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Originally Posted by AJLondon
HKG-DEL or DEL-BKK!?
to be fair, economy seemed full....i don't think they had a single empty seat....
Old Sep 28, 2010, 7:08 pm

Programs: LH Senator/EK Gold
Originally Posted by saad
to be fair, economy seemed full....i don't think they had a single empty seat....
I flew HKG-DEL twice in the last six week and J loads were rather good. On the August trip there wasn't a single empty seat, while 10 days ago it seemed about 2/3 full. Y was full on both flights.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELYOW
I flew HKG-DEL twice in the last six week and J loads were rather good. On the August trip there wasn't a single empty seat, while 10 days ago it seemed about 2/3 full. Y was full on both flights.
i'm on a couple of jet flights every week....always traveling in j....most of them are about 3/4th full....but i've also come across a couple of flights over the last few months were i was the only passenger in j....the first one was from del-ixc & the other bom-cok....also, a couple of months ago, on a flight from lhr-del i was the only passenger in f....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.