Wiki Posts
Search

Help - jet airways refund

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Got my Money!!

Thanks Everyone. I still Disagree that they Reply to all the Emails until you have a status or you have a General Query.

I Sent the Last Email after getting NO Reply for 15 Days. I do not think, when i sent last Email, it took couple of Days and Before that, it took 15 days to Discuss the same????

I understand, but what irritates me Incompetency. I could Explain :-

When i Canceled the Tickets, i got a Message on the Screen , Complete Amount would be Refunded. ( I am buying this Information as i never checked the Fare Rules when i purchased the Ticktes - Yes, though i should but as our plans were Fixed, i never take care of that ).

I called Jet Reservations agent, he said, that the Base Fare is Rs 300 which is Non Ref. I said, why your Web Site Mentioned Rs0 - Deduction.They have No Answer. I got Complete Refund. But, i would try to Avoid Booking on Jet Website. Better Forget about the Miles and make it over the Phone when you know,you could Kick them over the phone rather than getting reply from Script Written Back Office Guyz.

Thanks!!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
glad it all worked out for you....

just for the record, i have never had a problem cancelling a ticket i booked online....they also reply to every single email i send them....
Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by saad
glad it all worked out for you....

just for the record, i have never had a problem cancelling a ticket i booked online....they also reply to every single email i send them....
Same! Sometimes they may take a few days but they do get back to you.

But I hate the fact that you need to go into a office to swipe your card for a refund if it was booked online. Why???
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lallyr
But I hate the fact that you need to go into a office to swipe your card for a refund if it was booked online. Why???
i've never had that problem....i cancel a lot of reservations & have never had to go to the office to swipe my card....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saad
i've never had that problem....i cancel a lot of reservations & have never had to go to the office to swipe my card....
How come? This is quite recent, apparently they say this is a must.

Are you sure? Something to take up with them the next time they ask me to go and que up for a refund
Old Apr 23, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Yeah this is news to me...why go to the office? I've had my refunds credited automatically to my card. My last cancellation was a month or so back, and I'm not sure if processes have changed since then.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallyr
How come? This is quite recent, apparently they say this is a must.

Are you sure? Something to take up with them the next time they ask me to go and que up for a refund
the last time i cancelled a reservation i made online was about a month ago....don't know if anything has changed since then....

the one thing to note is that i only use my jet platinum citibank visa to make my bookings....so not sure it this card swiping requirement is for other cards....but i wouldn't think so....
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:24 am

I also use the jet platinum card and have had refunds mostly within 1 week and good response from cs......
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You know maybe it was the IVR ticketing. How do you guys get a refund for that? I forget as I had 3-4 tickets booked at one time and had to refund one which they made me go down to the local Jet office for.

I used a Jet Citi Plat card to book and refund.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I also have a Citibank Plat Jet Airways Card. It's 8 miles per Rs 100 on their website ONLY.Unless, i would have called Over the Phone.

They Strictly Confirm, I canceled the reservation in the Mon of Feb. and at that time, they said, there is no other way than to go to the Office.

I still don't understand, as i have never seen with any of the Airlines ( I am not sure regarding Kingfisher, as i used to Call them and make reservations and then they return the Call with asking the C.C Number ).

This is again strange, as Why even Kingfisher Cannot issue the Etkts on same call.Anyway, that's a different story all together. Last time, i made reservation on Kingfisher was a Year ago. I am not sure, whether there is a change or not.

But, the Main point i wanted to stress, Initially in all the Conversations i had with them, they pass on the buck to Citibank. At last, after couple of Months, they realized that they never refunded the amount.

The Point here is not resolving the Problem at first time. Making a Mockery of Customer Service. One bad Experience could really help a customer avoid that Airline.

Anyway, i am switching to Amex now. I have Used Emirates as well. Do not go for Standard Chartered Emirates. There Interest Rates (. Moreover, i am not going to pay Rs 6000 or so for Taxes to travel in India. I have Few points. Better i would Fly them one again. Get around 25000 miles and redeem it for Del - DXB Emirates and that would be all FULL STOP to that Program.

Jet Airways - Do not have any option - Use them for Upgrade and try to Collect Miles in King Club.Let's see, how good that is. I have never use it. I am going to open Family Account and hope to get some benefits.

Thanks!!

Last edited by taran_2005; Apr 23, 2010 at 11:31 am
Old May 5, 2019, 10:01 pm

Expedia not ready to refund

Hi I am glad that Expedia refu ded money to you. When we called Expedia they said they can not help and contact credit card company. I am confuse what to do.
Originally Posted by d3vski
One part that really annoys me is that when it comes to purchasing a ticket, the money is instantaneously taken from your credit card available balance BUT when it comes to refunds, they drag their heels and can take up to 30 days for refunds to be processed.

This is not just Jet Airways, its most airlines. In these days of E-tickets and online reservations and what nots, the airlines have no excuse to take so long.

Just for reference, i booked a Jet ticket through expedia and it took about 3 weeks for the refund to hit my account.

In the past, I cancelled a few AA tickets and they have taken approx 28 days for the money to hit the account.

If i were you, i would hold onto all the refund authorisation but just wait out until about 28 days have passed.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Arpi Parikh
Hi I am glad that Expedia refu ded money to you. When we called Expedia they said they can not help and contact credit card company. I am confuse what to do.
Welcome to FT. You may have not realised that you quoted a post from 2010!

I assume you have canceled a 9W ticket booked though Expedia and you're waiting for a refund. How long have you been waiting? When did you cancel? Did you use an Indian credit card or a foreign credit card to book? Many foreign credit cards have protection against this kind of cancellation and non-refunds by 9W. Which is what Expedia was referring you to do.

While 9W & co is trying.... refunds aren't really coming through that easily or quickly. Keep following up with Expedia and 9W on this and hope for the best. Let us know how things go.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Arpi Parikh
You are looking at a almost decode old thread. The conditions have changed completely now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.