FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Help - jet airways refund (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1059823-help-jet-airways-refund.html)

taran_2005 Mar 6, 2010 3:11 am

Help - jet airways refund

Hi,

I wanted to express my Dissatisfaction against the Customer Service for Jet Airways. I wanted some opinion from all Frequent Flyer's on Jet.

I made 5 reservations for me and my Friend from Del to CCU. I Canceled 2 Reservations on Feb 19, 2010 and Rest on Feb 23,2010.I got Refund for the Tickets Canceled on Feb 19,2010 within 3 Business Days but yet to get a Refund for the Tickets that i Canceled on Feb 23,2010.

I already spend many Hours Fixing this. As per Jet Airways, they already process the refund.The reservation was canceled Online ( as if i cancel it Over the Phone, i need to go to the Airport to Show / Swipe the Card ). I got a Refund Receipt. As per Jet Airways, they cannot track it.

I sent an email to [email protected] ( C.C to [email protected] ). I got a response after 2 days -

Refund has been Processed for Rs XXX.XX. Check with the Issuance Bank.

The amount mentioned is ONLY FOR 1 TICKET.The price of tickets are different, so this is not a Refund per ticket. They never provide with any Detail that WHAT THEY HAVE REFUNDED. THEY SAID TO WAIT FOR 7 MORE DAYS TO UPDATE THIS AMOUNT.

How about the other 2 Tickets?

I again call Jet Airways and they mentioned to sent an email to Reservation's so that they could track it.I already spend many days on Fixing this?

Who would be responsible for the Financial Charges??? Why should i Pay more to a Credit Card Company . I always pay my Whole dues. This time, i never pay the amount i am supposed to get a Refund of?

Should i ask the Credit Card Company to Dispute Charges? Is there any Number / Desk who could take care of this?

Would i be Compensated for the Charges i need to Pay or the Service i got?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

Thanks!!:)

d3vski Mar 6, 2010 4:05 am

One part that really annoys me is that when it comes to purchasing a ticket, the money is instantaneously taken from your credit card available balance BUT when it comes to refunds, they drag their heels and can take up to 30 days for refunds to be processed.

This is not just Jet Airways, its most airlines. In these days of E-tickets and online reservations and what nots, the airlines have no excuse to take so long.

Just for reference, i booked a Jet ticket through expedia and it took about 3 weeks for the refund to hit my account.

In the past, I cancelled a few AA tickets and they have taken approx 28 days for the money to hit the account.

If i were you, i would hold onto all the refund authorisation but just wait out until about 28 days have passed.

Keyser Mar 6, 2010 2:30 pm

d3vski is right....jet usually take 30 days to process a refund....so if i were you then i would wait for about a month....

onlysuites Mar 8, 2010 4:11 pm

I have done 6 cancellations (major change in plans) in the last month and all of them posted back to my account in a few days.

The most annoying was the one booked over the net. For some reason I had to go into their office to get this refunded.

Mr. Bean Mar 8, 2010 5:40 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Wow 30 days is pretty bad. However there is no way the airline can instantaneously credit you CC. That is handled by the bank.

Keyser Mar 8, 2010 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr (Post 13537629)
I have done 6 cancellations (major change in plans) in the last month and all of them posted back to my account in a few days.

The most annoying was the one booked over the net. For some reason I had to go into their office to get this refunded.

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean (Post 13538163)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Wow 30 days is pretty bad. However there is no way the airline can instantaneously credit you CC. That is handled by the bank.

just because they say 30 days, doesn't mean that it will be refunded on the 30th day....it just means that it can take up to 30 days....my refunds are normally done within a week....once i had to wait about 20 days....

aniruddh77 Mar 9, 2010 1:20 am

Agree with saad, its quite variable. But yes, the refund won't come immediately once you cancel the ticket. Average time is around 15 days, I would imagine.

onlysuites Mar 9, 2010 3:53 am

What you could do is go into a Jet office and ask them to refund the ticket for you. They normally swipe your cc right there and then with the refund. It then takes around a day or two to post back to your account.

taran_2005 Apr 2, 2010 1:16 am

Thanks!!

As of Now i have Got Refunds for 3 Tickets. I Purchased 5 Tickets. As per Jet Airways they have refunded all the 5 Tickets and as per Citibnk, they have received amount for 3 Tickets. Already Raised a Dispute against Jet Airways.

Their Customer Service is so pathetic. They have no idea. Always Refer me to info and Customerrelations.

Do you think, i should File a legal Case against Jet Airways. This is Unacceptable from an airline. I already sent them an email directly from Citibank mentioning that the refund is yet to be update. I am yet to receive a Response from them.

Any one who could Guide me - What Shall i do? The Airline is passing the buck on Bank.

They are so Rude when i had spoken to the Jet Airways Agent. She commented - We cannot do anything. We do not have internal Numbers.

My Question - How Earlier Agents Confirmed the same and one of the earlier agents disclosed that they do have internal numbers.

I would hate to Fly Jet. I should rather Prefer Kingfisher. I might need to pay more amount but my amount would be assured. This is still more than Rs 5000/ - or you could say more than $100.

Why a Passenger would book even a Refundable Ticket when they do not have any way to Retrieve that .Is that any grievance number or any phone number where i could find a Real Person who understand the concern?

Thanks!!

Keyser Apr 3, 2010 12:53 am

Originally Posted by taran_2005 (Post 13695729)
Thanks!!

As of Now i have Got Refunds for 3 Tickets. I Purchased 5 Tickets. As per Jet Airways they have refunded all the 5 Tickets and as per Citibnk, they have received amount for 3 Tickets. Already Raised a Dispute against Jet Airways.

Their Customer Service is so pathetic. They have no idea. Always Refer me to info and Customerrelations.

Do you think, i should File a legal Case against Jet Airways. This is Unacceptable from an airline. I already sent them an email directly from Citibank mentioning that the refund is yet to be update. I am yet to receive a Response from them.

Any one who could Guide me - What Shall i do? The Airline is passing the buck on Bank.

They are so Rude when i had spoken to the Jet Airways Agent. She commented - We cannot do anything. We do not have internal Numbers.

My Question - How Earlier Agents Confirmed the same and one of the earlier agents disclosed that they do have internal numbers.

I would hate to Fly Jet. I should rather Prefer Kingfisher. I might need to pay more amount but my amount would be assured. This is still more than Rs 5000/ - or you could say more than $100.

Why a Passenger would book even a Refundable Ticket when they do not have any way to Retrieve that .Is that any grievance number or any phone number where i could find a Real Person who understand the concern?

Thanks!!

i have had issues with jet & citibank before....once i paid for a ticket online using my citibank card & the airline said they had not received the payment while the bank said that the payment had been debited from my account....i gave it a few days to sort itself out & it did....sometimes there is a time gap between the bank & the airline....

what number are you calling for jet????

taran_2005 Apr 3, 2010 7:21 am

Originally Posted by saad (Post 13701274)
i have had issues with jet & citibank before....once i paid for a ticket online using my citibank card & the airline said they had not received the payment while the bank said that the payment had been debited from my account....i gave it a few days to sort itself out & it did....sometimes there is a time gap between the bank & the airline....

What number are you calling for jet????

011-39893333

Keyser Apr 4, 2010 4:35 am

Originally Posted by taran_2005 (Post 13701919)
011-39893333

give it another week & if the issue is still not resolved then send me a pm....i'll try to get you a number or email address for someone who can help....

taran_2005 Apr 17, 2010 2:36 am

Thanks Saad!!

I sent them a Written Confirmation from Citibank that i never received the Amount. Initially they never responded, but after sending them one more email, claiming that this would be my last email before i officially file a case against Jet Airways in Consumer Court and open many Blogs, they revert that they have Forwarded the Request for a refund and it would take 7 days.

Still waiting for the Amount as it is ONLY 2 days, but it is a Dissapointment that initially they claimed in every email they have Refunded the amount, and after 2 months of constant cribbing, they are Processing a Refund.

I hope, every customer should be aware of Booking Flights on Jet Airways. The main Problem, you could only write an email and usually they never respond to every email. You could Call Reservations, but they are so Helpless. They do not even want to help people made bookings on Jet Airways.

Would let you know, the update!!

SuperFlyBoy Apr 18, 2010 9:44 am

Originally Posted by lallyr (Post 13537629)

Same here.

Originally Posted by taran_2005 (Post 13788248)
I hope, every customer should be aware of Booking Flights on Jet Airways. The main Problem, you could only write an email and usually they never respond to every email. You could Call Reservations, but they are so Helpless. They do not even want to help people made bookings on Jet Airways.

They reply to every e-mail.

However, if it is a more complex problem, it might take a longer time to address.

In your case, give it a week or two.

onlysuites Apr 18, 2010 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 13795159)
Same here.

They reply to every e-mail.

However, if it is a more complex problem, it might take a longer time to address.

In your case, give it a week or two.

Yep same. They always reply to all my emails.