Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Madrid Terminal 4S connection with baggage reclaim

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Madrid Terminal 4S connection with baggage reclaim

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by patvd
You will have to go through passport control anyhow as you enter the EU Schengen zone in Madrid, there wont be any further passport control for your flight to Vienna nor in Vienna. Ask nicely to check your bags through in New York, your chances are 50/50.

Can be quite a walk and a little train from 4S to bagage reclaim which is in T4 (T4S being a satellite of T4). Bag delivery is often slow in MAD. From bagage reclaim to checkin is just one floor up. Queues at Y desks can be long, J is generally ok.
I would say you need 2 hours to be comfortable.
Can I ask why you think it will be 50/50 on the through check ? All Iberia outstations I've encountered are 0% per their rules regarding no through checking on separate tickets (Mia, Lhr, Sjo) maybe a Platino with IB would get lucky but doubtful another OW Alliance Emerald would.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by Villavic
Im flying BOD-MAD-LIM in may, business class. The BOD-MAD flight is a Air Nostrum small plane, arriving at T4 and the MAD-LIM flight departs from T4S. I understand no baggage claim needed, its a unique booking.

Will I have to pass thru security from T4 to T4S?
That should be a 'clean' arrival at T4 into the departures area, so no security, you will have outbound immigration at T4S.
Villavic likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:36 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
I just did this over a week ago with an AA flight (PHL-MAD) to an IB flight (MAD-SVQ). We had 2.5 hours scheduled although our first flight arrived early, so it was more like 3 hours. We made it with plenty of time to spare. To be fair, there was virtually no line at passport control and bags care pretty quickly (the times on the monitors were great and accurate). You will come out at T4, so you will be right where you need to be to check back in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.