Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Type of Changes Permitted on Award Booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Type of Changes Permitted on Award Booking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:56 pm

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by BA6501
I have had 3 cases of missing one flight in an itinerary and being able to take the remaining flight(s). Even if I had OLCId for the flight I missed. All were IB ticketed, one Avios and two cash.

One was exMAD (MAD-FUE-MAD I believe), one was LYS-MAD-MIA, and another was MAD-VCE-MAD.

I was originally very skeptical, but with these experiences, would be less so. Whether its worth the risk in this case is up to you though. And I wouldnt count on a schedule change this late in the game.
IB has it in their conditions of carriage
https://www.iberia.com/es/bills/conditions/
] In all these cases we will continue to maintain your booking in case you still want to use the rest of your segments. Please note that Iberia can make carriage depend on whether you have paid applicable penalty/ies, and refuse to carry you and cancel your seat reservation if you refuse to do so. Therefore, you are strongly recommended to show up at the Iberia sales office at the airport in question well in advance, i.e., no less than 3 hours BEFORE DEPARTURE of the first flight you are planning to use and BEFORE YOU CHECK in for the flight.
So IT error lag in your favour perhaps, unless your tickets had no change fees, that you can continue with the other segments without paying the fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.