Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

JFK....Terminal 7 arrival to LGA...experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK....Terminal 7 arrival to LGA...experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by feysul
iberia arrives into Terminal 7. I would think a high amount of Iberia flyers into Terminal 7 would know.
I think of all the factors to consider here, which airline and terminal at JFK are way down the list. And the suggestion to try the NYC forum is a solid one: You'd get better information asking more than just Iberia flyers.

All that being said, 1.5 hours is not a realistic JFK-LGA connection time.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 4:36 pm

I have made curbside out of Terminal 7 in under 20 minutes, with picking up a checked bag (I was first to deplane, bag was the first one out)and GE.

However, getting into LGA during that time in a car these days is a sh*t show. Curbside to curbside, it will take at least an hour. So if every is done as fast as possible, you'll make it check in by the time your plane is taxiing.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Often1
OP - You still have not told us whether this is on a single ticket. If so, it is an "illegal" connection on pretty much every carrier and you will be rebooked without fee. If it is on separate tickets, that is a different issue.

What is your final destination and on what domestic carrier are you booked? If there is service xJFK and you are already making a change, consider whether there is service xJFK which cuts off an expensive, time-consuming, and stressful land transfer.
I’m pretty sure I—>D MCT for most airlines at JFK alone is not less than 90 minutes. Highly doubt this is a single ticket and is almost definitely separate.
feysul likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 1:30 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
No. Way.

I can only repeat what has already been said here. I fly IB MAD-JFK 5-6 times a year. I have GE. I have only carry-on luggage. I’m a pretty fast walker. I also have seen the mess at LGA a few times in the past year. There is no way I would attempt this. None. Zero. Isn’t that the saying? Something like “Friends don’t let friends attempt impossible connections?”
feysul likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by redreeper
I've flown IB MAD to JFK many times, I have Global Entry.
My fastest time through - wheels down to standing at the exit - 30 minutes. Longest, about one hour.

Getting on a flight leaving LGA at 3:45 - I would say you have no chance of doing that and I am sorry. The lengthy and unpredictable (as well as predictable) delays would start as soon as you left JFK.
I would give myself 4 hours between flights at very minimum. With no checked bags.
On my last IB flight back to JFK, 5 minutes after deplaning I was landside. Door opened about 30 second after attaching to jetway.

Personally, I could make it IF arrival is on time and light traffic between airports; I have actually done it during an IRROP, arriving in LGA with hours of wait time. LGA/JFK/EWR are my home hubs.

All that said, OP, I would not do it. PERIOD.
feysul likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 12:30 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I would not recommend it. Real world numbers from Friday.

MAD JFK scheduled arrival 1415. This flight don’t have a good track record. Left MAD 30 min late and arrive JFK gate 47 min late at 1502. I was in first row of economy. Landslide with GE at 1516 with no checked bags.

Picked up rental car and drove by LGA around 1557. While NYC was final destination, my number show even if MAD JFK arrived on time, you need 15 minutes with GE to get to JFK curb followed by 45 minutes transit from JFK-LGA curb to curb (assuming no wait for taxi which I glanced and there were no wait for taxi), and arrive at LGA at least 60 minutes prior to departure assume you have PreCheck.

You need 2 hr minimum with GE and PreCheck assuming on time arrival to JFK, no checked luggage, no CBP secondary, no wait for taxi, have PreCheck (unknown until check-in as I recently got a SSSS 1st time in 10 years while being Trusted Traveler).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.