Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

JFK....Terminal 7 arrival to LGA...experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold

I am landing this Saturday from Madrid at Terminal 7.

i have Global Entry. Can anybody help me get an idea of how it will take for me to get oustside

the flight from Madrid lands at 2:15 pm. I have a flight out of LGA at 3:45......

thoughts or comments are appreciated.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by feysul

i have Global Entry. Can anybody help me get an idea of how it will take for me to get oustside

the flight from Madrid lands at 2:15 pm. I have a flight out of LGA at 3:45......

Unfortunately your request has nothing to do with Iberia or Iberia Plus program.

I invite you to check other flyer talk forum such as this one, about New York City.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I presume that this is on separate tickets as it is below MCT? To be brutally honest, this is not doable. On a very good day, you will be curbside at JFK in 30-45 minutes, it will take 60-90 minutes to LGA and you must then be at the departure gate at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure (depending on your onwards carrier, this may vary a bit). All of this presumes that your inbound is ontime, that you do not have checked luggage, and that everything else goes your way.

Very simply, do not book this and if you have, make the change.
feysul, Yoshi212, Markie and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tobsw
Unfortunately your request has nothing to do with Iberia or Iberia Plus program.

I invite you to check other flyer talk forum such as this one, about New York City.
iberia arrives into Terminal 7. I would think a high amount of Iberia flyers into Terminal 7 would know.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
I presume that this is on separate tickets as it is below MCT? To be brutally honest, this is not doable. On a very good day, you will be curbside at JFK in 30-45 minutes, it will take 60-90 minutes to LGA and you must then be at the departure gate at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure (depending on your onwards carrier, this may vary a bit). All of this presumes that your inbound is ontime, that you do not have checked luggage, and that everything else goes your way.

Very simply, do not book this and if you have, make the change.
m

thank you
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:39 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Even if the flight lands on time I don't rate your chances very highly. If it is late, forget it. If the flight out of LGA is already booked, I'd rebook it for a later departure or take your chances and be prepared to buy a new ticket on the spot.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
1h30m between flights on separate tickets. Not sure I would recommend this even if the next flight left JFK, let alone LGA
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:01 am
Suspended

Most people would advise a transit time of 4-5 hours for this (on separate tickets). The risk is all on you (although there is some evidence that if your onwards carrier is AA, that it will rebook you on separate tickets arriving on OW.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond

LOL. There isn't a single airport in North America where you can clear customs and be on your separate ticket next flight within 1h 30m.

I once did a TP run which involved flying from JFK to CLT and back to LGA before connecting onwards. The agent joked that I'd probably get to LGA quicker that way, due to all of the construction works ...
Redhead likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I've flown IB MAD to JFK many times, I have Global Entry.
My fastest time through - wheels down to standing at the exit - 30 minutes. Longest, about one hour.

Getting on a flight leaving LGA at 3:45 - I would say you have no chance of doing that and I am sorry. The lengthy and unpredictable (as well as predictable) delays would start as soon as you left JFK.
I would give myself 4 hours between flights at very minimum. With no checked bags.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by redreeper
I've flown IB MAD to JFK many times, I have Global Entry.
My fastest time through - wheels down to standing at the exit - 30 minutes. Longest, about one hour.

Getting on a flight leaving LGA at 3:45 - I would say you have no chance of doing that and I am sorry. The lengthy and unpredictable (as well as predictable) delays would start as soon as you left JFK.
I would give myself 4 hours between flights at very minimum. With no checked bags.
thank you very much your feedback is noted and appreciated
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold

With Global Entry, assuming 2:15 is the gate arrival time you should realistically be able to be out in about 30 minutes. Maybe 25 if you're lucky. Your biggest issue however is not going to be getting out of JFK, it's going to be getting in to LGA. With the ongoing construction at LGA, it is an absolute nightmare. The last two times I was there it took 30+ minutes just to switch terminals at the same airport. The traffic was a complete standstill the entire time. If you have the option of switching your connecting flight to JFK I would strongly recommend you do that because I would say this connection is very unlikely to work out.

Unfortunately, there is no way of getting to LGA other than roads. You can take the AirTrain to subway, but you still will end up having to take a bus to get to the airport from the subway station. Terrible setup IMO.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wouldn't even book an hour and a half connection on the same ticket at JFK for international to domestic, and I suspect that this would be below MCT there for most airlines/terminals, nor would I try a ninety minute domestic to domestic connection that involved changing terminals there.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:54 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
You could charter a helicopter through an App called Blade.

That might give you a ten to twenty percent chance of making this connection.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 3:50 pm
Suspended

OP - You still have not told us whether this is on a single ticket. If so, it is an "illegal" connection on pretty much every carrier and you will be rebooked without fee. If it is on separate tickets, that is a different issue.

What is your final destination and on what domestic carrier are you booked? If there is service xJFK and you are already making a change, consider whether there is service xJFK which cuts off an expensive, time-consuming, and stressful land transfer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.