Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delays at MAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
MAD is working since 7.30 am this morning with 4 runways (again). Runway works have finished ahead of time.
The_Bouncer likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Any updates regarding EC 261/2004?

IB brushed off my claim pointing to extraordinary circumstances. I think it is far-fetched and not in line with the regulation to consider a month-long and preannounced runway closure extraordinary circumstances.

I'm thinking of giving it to Flightright now.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:28 pm

Give it to Flightright will be interesting to see if they can enforce it for you. Worth a try.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
It was moot in my case anyway as I was under the 3-hour cut-off. It will be interesting to see whether anyone is successful with a claim. Personally I doubt it, as the airline will argue they are not responsible for the situation.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Originally Posted by newflya
Any updates regarding EC 261/2004?

IB brushed off my claim pointing to extraordinary circumstances. I think it is far-fetched and not in line with the regulation to consider a month-long and preannounced runway closure extraordinary circumstances.

I'm thinking of giving it to Flightright now.
The problem is the majority of days MAD operated fine, without delays. It only had delays when winds didnīt play along. Thatīs the problem: air-traffic was restricted. It is not like there were delays every day. You were just unliky. Accept it and move on (hope you never live near AMS, because there itīs a pain... returning from Christmas, non-strop flight cancelled, re-routed via ZRH with Swiss... then the filght from ZRH to AMS got cancelled as well... so I arrived AMS with a 8 h delays - no compensation).
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: Amex Platinum
Got a text this morning:

Due to the strike by security staff at MAD that will affect control delays, please arrive at the airport in advance, check your hand luggage and go to your boarding area as soon as possible.

Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Amex Platinum
I would be interested to hear what it was like transiting through MAD from anyone during the strikes. We are doing LHR-MAD-JFK in J but on a split PNR.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
6 minutes from disembarking to arriving in the lounge (T4S-T4S) today.

With a split PNR, if you're checking luggage, you'll need to go to baggage claim, recheck upstairs, go through security and go (back?) to T4S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.