Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Check Your Iberia Account [IB withdrawing unused 90k promotion Avios 1 Dec 2018]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travel-Quinten
This thread provides information, experiences and thoughts relating to the IB promotion in June 2018, whereby it was possible to get up to 90k bonus Avios for making Iberia bookings. The terms and conditions of this offer indicated that these bonus Avios needed to be used before 1 December. Consequently from 1 December 2018 Iberia has withdrawn Avios for at least some accounts. At least 1 person reported an account with a negative balance could be closed without problems.

Related threads:
Iberia's 90,000 point catch - 'the negative balance' on transfers [thread closed]
Breaking: CAN transfer bonus avios to BAEC!l [thread closed]
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Print Wikipost

Check Your Iberia Account [IB withdrawing unused 90k promotion Avios 1 Dec 2018]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Booked through IB?
Yes, it's an IB flight. So I try my best getting through the IB hotline then. Thank you!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Please report back here once it's done.
I have successfully done this before (several times actually) and I even got this message from IB support:

Unfortunately, at this point, that is the reason why it is not possible to process your refund process, becuase no Avios can be refunded due to that they expired in December 1st, therefore we recommend you to keep your reservation or to change the date but not to request any refund. Keep in mind that our Iberia Plus customers had several channels to redeem the Avios before the established Avios expiration date.
But it's still good to know to get feedback on this. With IB you never know.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, HHonors Diamond
Spoke to the (German) hotline. The lady checked my booking and told me it's possible to change the date of the booking, which has to be done at least 6 hours before departure. Return flight has to be done not later than 12 months after the original BOOKING regardless of the actual flight-dates booked. I'm still thinking about wether to take the original flight or to change dates but will inform here if so (and if/how it worked out of course)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:52 pm

Programs: SPG, MileagePlus,
Originally Posted by ToKo
Yes, it's an IB flight. So I try my best getting through the IB hotline then. Thank you!
Any luck on changing the flight? on the same boat as well
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: WN A-list, Hyatt Glob, HH DM, Marriott Plat
I did the same thing in January, no problem. You only pay a small change fee (60 Euro or something like this).

Originally Posted by vkflyer
Any luck on changing the flight? on the same boat as well
Old Jan 27, 2020, 5:44 am

Does anyone have any experience regarding this.

I transferred the 90k to BA, and then came 1 jan 19, and my account went -90k , (because i didn't spend the miles with iberia). Now i've been stuck with -90k since then. Does this mean i can never use iberia again for combine avios? (for example to book through IB if taxes are cheaper? And what about if now i request then to delete all my info, will they do this easily, or will they request the 90k avios back or the equivalent in money?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 5:57 am

you have -90k so you must pay back avios to book new reward....or just delete account
Old Feb 10, 2020, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
Does anyone have any experience regarding this.

I transferred the 90k to BA, and then came 1 jan 19, and my account went -90k , (because i didn't spend the miles with iberia). Now i've been stuck with -90k since then. Does this mean i can never use iberia again for combine avios? (for example to book through IB if taxes are cheaper? And what about if now i request then to delete all my info, will they do this easily, or will they request the 90k avios back or the equivalent in money?
So i sent the request to IB, even though my balance was -89,900 (i earned 100 from some promo)
Received today email saying they have deleted everything etc.
I tried to login, and it did not work.
I then did recover password put in my email, and it says there is no account connected with that email.

So looks like all gone.
There is no account linked to this email or Iberia
Plus number.There is no account linked to this email or Iberia Plus number.

There is no account linked to this email or Iberia Plus number.
enelym1978 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by momoflyingguy
So i sent the request to IB, even though my balance was -89,900 (i earned 100 from some promo)
Received today email saying they have deleted everything etc.
I tried to login, and it did not work.
I then did recover password put in my email, and it says there is no account connected with that email.

So looks like all gone.
There is no account linked to this email or Iberia
Plus number.There is no account linked to this email or Iberia Plus number.

There is no account linked to this email or Iberia Plus number.
That's the easy part.

The part that should make you nervous is the brand new IB+ account linked to the exact same BAEC account as you used before...
Old Dec 24, 2021, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by Im a new user
Does this only apply to positive balances or also to negative balances? Will your negative balance reset if there are no transactions for 36 months?
So much for the theory above. It's been just over 3 years since my IB acct went negative 90k miles..............and it's still negative today. Guess I'll hafta finally cave in and delete my data/acct.
noneemac likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 5:03 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Iberia can pound sand about my negative balance. Their website is ...... and the call centre agents are stupid lazy untrained agents who can't use the systems at their disposal to book partner awards
I wish I could *like* this post a million times.

You had me at "pound sand" and "stupid lazy untrained agents."

I just called for a refund on a refundable ticket -- a whole 'nother story -- and the agent told me the refund-confirmation email -- yes, the email -- would take 7 to 15 days to arrive.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:49 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
So it's been more than 3 years now and my account has been at -90,000 since they took back the 90k Avios (I transferred them to BAEC and used them there). I just went to my IB account and requested to delete the account, which was confirmed...
Let's see if I get any email regarding the negative balance
noneemac and momoflyingguy like this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
DELETE DELETE DELETE! WIth Prejudicia Extremadura!

So BRILLIANT! All of you who have deleted your accounts ... THANK YOU for the inspo. I have a flight on IB tomorrow, but after that, I'm going to "completely" delete my account. It's been sitting at -18,700 ever since the 10x9000 miles bonanza. Somehow, they clawed back these miles -- why, I don't know ... you never even had to FLY the flights! -- and every time I try to pull my OW Emerald status up to nab econ seats in econ bookings, I get hosed. I think they have a vendetta out on everyone with nagativas balancias. Anyway, I WISH I could be done done done with their slimy clown show.

Originally Posted by enelym1978
So it's been more than 3 years now and my account has been at -90,000 since they took back the 90k Avios (I transferred them to BAEC and used them there). I just went to my IB account and requested to delete the account, which was confirmed...
Let's see if I get any email regarding the negative balance
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
At -39000 points for 3 years. Deleted account couple of days ago. Might create again after a few years.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by pichalite
At -39000 points for 3 years. Deleted account couple of days ago. Might create again after a few years.
it is enough that you let three months pass, no more time is necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.