Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
I swear, IB Avios had never had so much attention because you'd just transfer out. Lets have a QnA Wiki so at least half the threads in the future would be answered here.
I'll try to get this into a sticky...

Unable to make a desired Avios reservation
Q1.
Originally Posted by kaka
How to get these guys to get the jal legs.... its everywhere but on ib. They even had the balls to tell me a cx hkg tyo hkg itinerary is not available (it is online)
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I will be repeating this comment dozens of times over the next few months...

Iberia agents often don't know what they are doing and reply with "the flight is not available". HUACA as many times as you can bear before booking whatever you can manage online...
Q2.
Oneway Awards-
One way tickets are available for Iberia, Iberia Express, Vueling, British Airways and Level only. All partner airline must be return flights. Avios spent via BA's scheme do not have this constraint.

Q3.
Open Jaw Awards-
Call and hope you get an agent who knows what on earth is happening.

Q4.
Moving Avios to BAEC/AerClub regaring the 9000 Avios Promo
It's currently not possible since 3/Jul.

Cancellation Policy
Q5.
Originally Posted by mike turnbull
Hi one and all.
Could somebody please point me in the direction of where I can find easily the t's and c's of cancelling, changing etc., Iberia Avios awards ?
Thanks.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
It doesn't really exist. It is only mentioned during the booking process.

You pay 25 euros (or local equivalent) to change or cancel a reward on BA/IB (edit by kaka: i believe only within the first 24 hours). Everything else is non-refundable and non-changeable.
Q6. Can I upgrade a ticketed booking
Originally Posted by yb90
Just to confirm; I have found a reward flight for my bonus avios however at the moment availability is only in economy. The flights are BA metal only.

If I book this and a higher class becomes available can I change it and just pay the change fee (plus any additional avios obviously) like with BA or do IB have different terms?
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
This works but this is only available on BA/IB. It is not generalizable to other partner bookings.
Q7. Iberia Plus Hotline phone number (for skype)
0203 684 3774. When asked what do you want to do, mention "Iberia Plus Bookings" otherwise it can easily go to (cash) sales.
Print Wikipost

Iberia Avios QnA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by klanfa
Partner charts are for total flown distance, For your example, BOM-DOH-FRA-DOH-BOM would give you the correct total mileage which you would check against the chart.
Thanks and mixed cabin permitted?
Old Jul 18, 2018, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
IB improperly collecting U.S. PFCs on domestic AA award redemptions.

How do we get IB to stop collecting the $4.50 per segment PFCs on redemptions for AA travel within the U.S.? Because there are no carrier-imposed surcharges on these redemptions, the U.S. government considers them to be "free" tickets, to which the PFCs do not apply. (Neither AA nor BA collects PFCs on such redemptions.)
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by homeone
does iberia release any more last minute inventory closer to departure if seats aren't sold?
Do not count on it, it rarely happens for these flights. And for SFO-MAD it is a very small J cabin.

is seat selection allowed for economy?
Yes, even for Blue class (more choices if you have status).
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:52 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
How about booking Avios award for other people?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by jason8612
How about booking Avios award for other people?
That's perfectly fine. You have to add them as "Beneficiaries" in your account, but you can use your Avios to book for other people.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:22 pm

Can anyone book hotel with this Avios? I read a quote that Iberia's CS don't book hotels over the phone, but what about British CS?
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by koss630
Can anyone book hotel with this Avios? I read a quote that Iberia's CS don't book hotels over the phone, but what about British CS?
I only tried once, but the agent said she couldn't book hotels over the phone.. I just rang the UK 020 number the hotel booking portal threw up. I contacted the clasico email address with my problem and I got a reply from hotelesconavios a*t iberia.com who asked me for details of the error, who appeared to pass it onto another team. Once I get a reply I will update the thread.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:48 pm
soy

Programs: various
Are open jaw allowed on partner airlines or just IB/BA ?

Update; found my answer - no open jaw on partners

Last edited by soy; Jul 19, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:22 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by flylikelinz
Is IB award release the same as BA? Ie 355 days out at 00:00 GMT?
can anyone answer this question?

Thanks!
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: United, British Air, Iberia, American, Delta
[QUOTE=Yllanes;29989240]Do not count on it, it rarely happens for these flights. And for SFO-MAD it is a very small J cabin.

How about JFK>MAD?
Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by guv1976
How do we get IB to stop collecting the $4.50 per segment PFCs on redemptions for AA travel within the U.S.? Because there are no carrier-imposed surcharges on these redemptions, the U.S. government considers them to be "free" tickets, to which the PFCs do not apply. (Neither AA nor BA collects PFCs on such redemptions.)
It's over half a year later, and they still do it (of course). Was thinking maybe a formal complaint to AA or the oneworld alliance, although it's doubtful that goes anywhere. I suppose you could issue a CC charge back to force the issue. Maybe that would get the attention of someone with the ability to effect change.

One wonders where that extra money goes to. If it's IB, AA, or the airport which ends up with the $$.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Which month does Iberia start its schedule out of SFO to MAD?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:22 pm

April
Old Mar 24, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by andresmdn
It's over half a year later, and they still do it (of course). Was thinking maybe a formal complaint to AA or the oneworld alliance, although it's doubtful that goes anywhere. I suppose you could issue a CC charge back to force the issue. Maybe that would get the attention of someone with the ability to effect change.

One wonders where that extra money goes to. If it's IB, AA, or the airport which ends up with the $$.
There's currently a complaint about this pending with the U.S. Department of Transportation. I expect we'll know something more within a couple of months, so stay tuned. In the meantime, if you've been improperly charged PFCs on a zero-fare Iberia Plus redemption ticket for domestic travel on AA, I encourage you to file your own complaint. The more consumer complaints DOT receives on this issue, the better. DOT complaint form here:

https://www.transportation.gov/airco...umer-complaint
Old Mar 24, 2019, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by fr33flyer
April
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.