Wiki Posts
Search

Q on Oneworld award rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Q on Oneworld award rules

I have recently realized that Iberia allows only roundtrips on partners, in this case, I am looking at JAL. So I want to take advantage of oneworld award. But I couldn't find out the rules on this. Can I book a bunch of one ways with different airlines in one ticket and pay according to the total miles flown? For example, I cannot book one way from Tokyo to Beijing, so I want to add more flights into this. Can I book Tokyo to Beijing, then Doha to Athens in one ticket and pay the miles required for the total distance flown (TYO-PEK plus DOH-AMM). The first flight is on JL and the second is on QR, so I believe this belongs to oneworld award. Can anyone help? Since multi-city awards cannot be booked online, I have to call but I hear the call center is a mess lol
Old Jul 7, 2018, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sony2012
I have recently realized that Iberia allows only roundtrips on partners, in this case, I am looking at JAL. So I want to take advantage of oneworld award. But I couldn't find out the rules on this. Can I book a bunch of one ways with different airlines in one ticket and pay according to the total miles flown? For example, I cannot book one way from Tokyo to Beijing, so I want to add more flights into this. Can I book Tokyo to Beijing, then Doha to Athens in one ticket and pay the miles required for the total distance flown (TYO-PEK plus DOH-AMM). The first flight is on JL and the second is on QR, so I believe this belongs to oneworld award. Can anyone help? Since multi-city awards cannot be booked online, I have to call but I hear the call center is a mess lol
Multi-city awards should work like the Oneworld RTW fares. i.e. ground sectors are included in the total mileage. And you need to return to the country of origin.

But ultimately you need to think simplicity with IB+. Many agents can't do simple return flights on partners, much less put together a complicated multi-carrier itinerary.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Multi-city awards should work like the Oneworld RTW fares. i.e. ground sectors are included in the total mileage. And you need to return to the country of origin.

But ultimately you need to think simplicity with IB+. Many agents can't do simple return flights on partners, much less put together a complicated multi-carrier itinerary.
so technically speaking, I could book it if I add BKK-TYO into the two segments I have? Even so, you are saying IB agents probably won't be able to do it?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Technically speaking the mileage for PEK-DOH and AMM/ATH to BKK would also count in total mileage, even though you don't actually fly it.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 4:27 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
How to get these guys to get the jal legs.... its everywhere but on ib. They even had the balls to tell me a cx hkg tyo hkg itinerary is not available (it is online)
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kaka
How to get these guys to get the jal legs.... its everywhere but on ib. They even had the balls to tell me a cx hkg tyo hkg itinerary is not available (it is online)
I will be repeating this comment dozens of times over the next few months...

Iberia agents often don't know what they are doing and reply with "the flight is not available". HUACA as many times as you can bear before booking whatever you can manage online...
kaka and Surface Interval like this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 9:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craigthemif
I will be repeating this comment dozens of times over the next few months...

Iberia agents often don't know what they are doing and reply with "the flight is not available". HUACA as many times as you can bear before booking whatever you can manage online...
perhaps the best thing to do is actually to sticky it.
i tried huaca and i got the same bloody agent twice LOL.... for 2 times (I've called another time and HUACA and got another agent twice again)

i'm trying to book JAL flights, cant book online (unless i give up and book something else)

Last edited by kaka; Jul 8, 2018 at 11:21 am
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaka
perhaps the best thing to do is actually to sticky it.
i tried huaca and i got the same bloody agent twice LOL.... for 2 times (I've called another time and HUACA and got another agent twice again)

i'm trying to book JAL flights, cant book online (unless i give up and book something else)
finally, i got my ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.