Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:42 pm

Any one know for which one world partner Iberia charges less taxes and surcharges? I checked Sri Lankan, Malaysia, Qatar, and Cathay - the taxes + $300 (I spent on 10 tickets) is always more than the cash price of the ticket.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P / *A Gold, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Amtrak S+
Booked MAD-JFK in May for 2 in business. I'm wondering, if you were traveling with your SO, do you pick the honeymoon seats or the clearly 'better value' window seats ?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Novagal
Booked MAD-JFK in May for 2 in business. I'm wondering, if you were traveling with your SO, do you pick the honeymoon seats or the clearly 'better value' window seats ?
Flew the night flight back to MAD from Miami and had the honeymoon seats in row one. I felt that the light from the galley was a little intrusive and have booked row 5 for my next trip in September. The seats themselves were perfect for couples on honeymoon or not..

Kept with row 1 for the day flight.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 9:31 pm

Looking for some ideas of good redemptions from SFO or OAK? I'm open to pretty much anywhere and pretty flexible. Any recommendations?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cysyuen
Is it just me who noticed that IB is charging incorrect fees for one way ex-HKG flights operated by BA? They aren't supposed to charge any fuel surcharges but IB added it anyways.
how much was it? BA charges *some* surcharge for HKGLHR, just not the normal amount

That said, I've redeemed some JL domestics and the surcharge there was astronimical. I just couldnt be bothered to push it once i found someone who can actually ticket it, lol (I would have had it reimbursed anyways, and still cheaper than any other alternatives except using BA Avios at the price i get them for).
Old Jul 31, 2018, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by wp_kid
Does Iberia normally only release 1 business class award seat at a time? I've been looking at SFO-MAD till end of schedule for 2, but nothing comes up.
If this is an A332 route, then there are only 19 J seats, so I'm not surprised at all.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by BA6501
If this is an A332 route, then there are only 19 J seats, so I'm not surprised at all.
MAD-NRT is an A332 and two award seats are availible.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; DL Gold; UA Silver; IHG Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I just snagged 2x off-peak IB MAD-SFO biz tickets in May for 51k each. Slightly more then the MAD-LAX price of 42k but the only date I found with 2 seats available was Feb 27 (grab them quick!)

Quite happy so far.
so why is MAD to SFO more expensive than LAX? aren't they both in the same Band 7 and gcmap shows only 45 mi difference between two distances from MAD. LAX is further yet cheaper than SFO
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Just cancelled MAD - SFO in Business on Sep. 26 in case it gets released into award inventory again.

Managed to get BA First from CPH -> LAS on the 747 (which I have never tried before and probably never will again being based in CPH) for 89.000 Avios + roughly Ł 150.

Booking through Iberia can have its advantages when connecting. Was previously looking at OAK -> CPH in BA Club World. 67.000 Avios + Ł 150 for flying Club World connecting to EuroTraveller to CPH. If flying Club World and connecting to Club Europe it would be 71.500 Avios + Ł 413 in taxes for the exact same flights. I'd happily sit in ET for 2 hours to save the Ł 263 and 4.500 Avios!
Duke787 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Novagal
We're booked on same route in May - both window seats. I know he likes the window seat but will sit with me in the middle if has to so I go with the old 'there's only the window seats left' ploy so doesn't make him feel guilty and I can get a break from 'have you turned the electric off? did you lock the doors/ what about the.....'
Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:52 am

Booked RT ORD-PLS x 4 mid-Feb 2019 for a winter break from the cold @ 92K Avios + $439. Added 2000 miles from Ultimate Rewards to top off the account, so figure all in the cost was $824 vs $2540 cash price. I'll take it.
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: Avios
Ord-Pls must be a new route,normally you have to connect in NYC??Cannot beat Grace Bay beach in PLS.Best beach in the world according to Tripadvisor
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Tilto007
Ord-Pls must be a new route,normally you have to connect in NYC??Cannot beat Grace Bay beach in PLS.Best beach in the world according to Tripadvisor
AA does now have seasonal direct ORD-PLS, but Saturdays only I believe. I was going for brevity, but yeah actually it is ORD-MIA-PLS / PLS-CLT-ORD. I'm partial to hanging out @ Taylor Bay, but pretty hard to go wrong with any of the beaches there! :-::-::-::-::-:
Tilto007 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Finally able to confirm 2x RT ORD-MAD in J for early June 2019.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Delete. Reposted in a more appropriate thread.

Last edited by Repooc17; Aug 5, 2018 at 6:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.