Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

So I am going to be optimistic and assume IB do actually pay out my 90k Avios and also don"t monkey around with redemption inventory, devaluation or anything else material...

I am going to spend 85k of the promo Avios on a trip to Bogotá in April 2019.

Where are you going ?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 2:37 pm

My big worry is that with thousands of people having to spend 90,00 Avios by December it will be impossible to find availability to anywhere I want to fly to!
cruisr likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:27 pm

Debating on if I should focus on cheap domestic round trips with the points on AA or top up w/ 10k additional transfered from my CSR account to go to HKG...
Old Jun 30, 2018, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by HSR1234
My big worry is that with thousands of people having to spend 90,00 Avios by December it will be impossible to find availability to anywhere I want to fly to!
Award space is released daily though so even if everyone dives in at once it doesn't mean all the spaces will be gone, just all the spaces that are live on the system on that day.

As for what we will do with them I think we'll go for a few hotel stays in Germany and save Marriott points. Of course that's assuming hotel redemptions are allowed.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by nladak
Debating on if I should focus on cheap domestic round trips with the points on AA or top up w/ 10k additional transfered from my CSR account to go to HKG...

Just be sure you are sure of the dates since if you cancel a partner flight you lose the miles as they are non refundable.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Lizie
Award space is released daily though so even if everyone dives in at once it doesn't mean all the spaces will be gone, just all the spaces that are live on the system on that day.

As for what we will do with them I think we'll go for a few hotel stays in Germany and save Marriott points. Of course that's assuming hotel redemptions are allowed.
There was nothing in the T&Cs to suggest that The Avios would have to be spent on flights. Like you plan to book hotels in the US and Europe.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:46 am

Regarding the use of the 'promotional' Avios, I thought the t's and c's did state the usage.

"Special offer of an extra 9000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum 90,000 Promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum."

I took that to mean that these particular 'promotional' Avios were for use on a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum. Still good though!

Maybe I am completely wrong, we will see as the promotion pans out.

Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by MotivatedT

Maybe I am completely wrong, we will see as the promotion pans out.
Yes, you are completely wrong.

T*C's

No restrictions as to how you spend the promotional AVIOS, just do it before 1st Dec
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:15 am

Well, the link doesn't specifically say "no restrictions" and it does say what I quoted, but that is just my interpretation.

Happy to be corrected.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Blue, IHG Spire, HHonor Gold, Accor Platinum.
Originally Posted by MotivatedT
Well, the link doesn't specifically say "no restrictions" and it does say what I quoted, but that is just my interpretation.

Happy to be corrected.
It says
extra 9,000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum of 90,000 promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum

So the only criteria is to purchase a flight as specified to get the Avios, not how to spend them
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by blindman
It says
extra 9,000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum of 90,000 promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum

So the only criteria is to purchase a flight as specified to get the Avios, not how to spend them
False. The T&C also states that this promotional avios has to be spent before 1st Dec. And combine my avios are NOT considered spending so you need to spend this avios on IB+ in hotels, car rentals or flights.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC
But it doesn't state that they must be spent with Iberia. I will happily provide them an extract of how I've spent their Avios that I transfer to BA!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by mrvincent
But it doesn't state that they must be spent with Iberia. I will happily provide them an extract of how I've spent their Avios that I transfer to BA!

There seems to be two distinct camps on the transfer to BA option. Some have stated you cannot do it and some are stating you can. Nobody really knows and I guess time will tell.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:51 am

Can you use Iberia points for Aer Lingus flights?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Keeping with the title of the thread (AHEM), I am planning to use them to fly Colombo to Male in Sri Lanka Business class. It falls in the 0-600 mile bracket, and I can book myself and my fiancé for 22,000 and a random ticket in the future in economy for 12,000. I only bought 5 Iberia tickets through the promo as I was a bit weary of this really working out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.