FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1916204-ib90k-promo-where-you-going.html)

OverTheHorizon Jun 24, 2018 2:02 pm

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

So I am going to be optimistic and assume IB do actually pay out my 90k Avios and also don"t monkey around with redemption inventory, devaluation or anything else material...

I am going to spend 85k of the promo Avios on a trip to Bogotá in April 2019.

Where are you going ?

HSR1234 Jun 24, 2018 2:37 pm

My big worry is that with thousands of people having to spend 90,00 Avios by December it will be impossible to find availability to anywhere I want to fly to!

nladak Jun 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Debating on if I should focus on cheap domestic round trips with the points on AA or top up w/ 10k additional transfered from my CSR account to go to HKG...

Lizie Jun 30, 2018 4:29 am

Originally Posted by HSR1234 (Post 29901773)
My big worry is that with thousands of people having to spend 90,00 Avios by December it will be impossible to find availability to anywhere I want to fly to!

Award space is released daily though so even if everyone dives in at once it doesn't mean all the spaces will be gone, just all the spaces that are live on the system on that day.

As for what we will do with them I think we'll go for a few hotel stays in Germany and save Marriott points. Of course that's assuming hotel redemptions are allowed.

cruisr Jul 1, 2018 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by nladak (Post 29922498)
Debating on if I should focus on cheap domestic round trips with the points on AA or top up w/ 10k additional transfered from my CSR account to go to HKG...

Just be sure you are sure of the dates since if you cancel a partner flight you lose the miles as they are non refundable.

binman Jul 2, 2018 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Lizie (Post 29922870)
Award space is released daily though so even if everyone dives in at once it doesn't mean all the spaces will be gone, just all the spaces that are live on the system on that day.

As for what we will do with them I think we'll go for a few hotel stays in Germany and save Marriott points. Of course that's assuming hotel redemptions are allowed.

There was nothing in the T&Cs to suggest that The Avios would have to be spent on flights. Like you plan to book hotels in the US and Europe.

MotivatedT Jul 2, 2018 2:46 am

Regarding the use of the 'promotional' Avios, I thought the t's and c's did state the usage.

"Special offer of an extra 9000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum 90,000 Promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum."

I took that to mean that these particular 'promotional' Avios were for use on a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum. Still good though!

Maybe I am completely wrong, we will see as the promotion pans out.

blindman Jul 2, 2018 2:55 am

Originally Posted by MotivatedT (Post 29928179)

Maybe I am completely wrong, we will see as the promotion pans out.

Yes, you are completely wrong.

T*C's

No restrictions as to how you spend the promotional AVIOS, just do it before 1st Dec

MotivatedT Jul 2, 2018 3:15 am

Well, the link doesn't specifically say "no restrictions" and it does say what I quoted, but that is just my interpretation.

Happy to be corrected.

blindman Jul 2, 2018 3:28 am

Originally Posted by MotivatedT (Post 29928224)
Well, the link doesn't specifically say "no restrictions" and it does say what I quoted, but that is just my interpretation.

Happy to be corrected.

It says
extra 9,000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum of 90,000 promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum

So the only criteria is to purchase a flight as specified to get the Avios, not how to spend them :cool:

343 Jul 2, 2018 7:44 am

Originally Posted by blindman (Post 29928240)
It says
extra 9,000 Avios for each ticket purchased between 21 and 24 June 2018 (maximum of 90,000 promotional Avios per member) on iberia.com for a flight operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Air Nostrum

So the only criteria is to purchase a flight as specified to get the Avios, not how to spend them :cool:

False. The T&C also states that this promotional avios has to be spent before 1st Dec. And combine my avios are NOT considered spending so you need to spend this avios on IB+ in hotels, car rentals or flights.

mrvincent Jul 2, 2018 8:34 am

But it doesn't state that they must be spent with Iberia. I will happily provide them an extract of how I've spent their Avios that I transfer to BA! :)

cruisr Jul 2, 2018 8:38 am

Originally Posted by mrvincent (Post 29928974)
But it doesn't state that they must be spent with Iberia. I will happily provide them an extract of how I've spent their Avios that I transfer to BA! :)

There seems to be two distinct camps on the transfer to BA option. Some have stated you cannot do it and some are stating you can. Nobody really knows and I guess time will tell.

UnitedFTW Jul 2, 2018 10:51 am

Can you use Iberia points for Aer Lingus flights?

UpAt40k Jul 2, 2018 9:07 pm

Keeping with the title of the thread (AHEM), I am planning to use them to fly Colombo to Male in Sri Lanka Business class. It falls in the 0-600 mile bracket, and I can book myself and my fiancé for 22,000 and a random ticket in the future in economy for 12,000. I only bought 5 Iberia tickets through the promo as I was a bit weary of this really working out.