Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB90k promo - where are YOU going :) ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
I've booked MUC-MAD-NRT in J next March for cherry blossom.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Booked MEX-MAD rt for 85,000 Avios. Wanted LAX or ORD flights, but availability dried up by the time my Avios posted for the dates I was looking at. I have some alerts set with Expert Flyer - any idea how often Iberia releases award space? Not much availability at the moment.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes you can book one way BA flights using IB avios.
Need to call (currently anyway - website is erroring ) and you may need to HUCA - I got it booked on my fourth attempt - call +442036843774 and say "Iberia plus bookings" and tell the agent you want to use your Iberia plus avios to book on BA
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sammyg901
Need to call (currently anyway - website is erroring ) and you may need to HUCA - I got it booked on my fourth attempt - call +442036843774 and say "Iberia plus bookings" and tell the agent you want to use your Iberia plus avios to book on BA
oh ok. I managed to book a one way BA flight only a few days ago p.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 2:46 am

Hi KARFA - yep - seems like for this latest batch of 90k new accounts it has been accidently or purposfully restricted online. My "seasoned" account had no issue but my partners new account it wouldn't work without calling
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:45 am

Finally

DOH-LHR on BA in First Class at a cost of 68000 Avios.

Got it for Ł210 (10x 9000 Avios promotion flights) + €218.43 euros tax, the current selling price for the one way fare is actually Ł4547.

Booked my wife’s earlier in the day over the phone (2nd attempt after HUCA as it appeared the taxes were a lot compared to what was showing on the Avios site but ended up paying as I didn’t want to lose it).

For my flights I ended up calling and being able
to book on the fourth attempt. The first 3 agents all kept giving different reasons as to why they couldn’t do it from, no availability, system down and one even suggesting the seats were there but not for Avios redemptions...

Last edited by zoheb_akhtar; Jul 18, 2018 at 4:08 am
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:16 am

ORD-MAD round trip in biz

Will also need to do a positioning flight to ORD when I can book partners
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AA: EXP
MAD-GRU, GIG-MAD for Easter 2019
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BA, IB, LH, U2
We have also booked Havana, for next February at very similar pricing.
From London there is no direct flight anyway, and changing in Madrid is more appealing than in Miami.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I found the exact flights I wanted on the exact dates I wanted. However, there is only 1 Biz seat on each flight and I need 2. I found that odd.
I am booking them as one ways because they are "open jaw" I tried calling and I was on hold for 15 + minutes, trying to ask if there are more seats and finally got disconnected before anything was answered.

These flights are in May/June of next year. I checked the flights as revenue flights and there's only 1 seat reserved so far.

Not sure if the open jaw is the issue or not.

"No one ever said it was going to be easy" said everyone.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
I found the exact flights I wanted on the exact dates I wanted. However, there is only 1 Biz seat on each flight and I need 2. I found that odd.
This is very common and calling will not change it. Your only change is adding some extra segment (e.g., JFK-MAD-LCG instead of just JFK-MAD), which sometimes (but not often) opens up more seats.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I was trying for non-stop which were Iberia flights. There are others with a stop but they include BA and I can't get those to work; keep getting error message.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
I was trying for non-stop which were Iberia flights. There are others with a stop but they include BA and I can't get those to work; keep getting error message.
Yes, what I mean is that Iberia has married segment availability. Sometimes if you add an extra flight on IB metal beyond MAD more seats appear.
DebitNM and Marschel like this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: executive club
I was so chuffed when my wife's and my 90,000 points landed!

I spent 1.5 hrs on the phone and finally managed to book 5 business class tickets from LHR to Milan for my family on August 5th. It worked out at 460 Euros plus 83,000 points. We're very happy as we will visit Lake Como and Venice. Hopefully we can book some accommodation with the remaining 90,000.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:59 pm

SoCal-based, got 180000 Avios total for myself and on behalf of my SO, who's not big on flying even in comfort but is always happy to help my cause.

I opened both accounts solely for the promo and got the various e-mail messages of doom (which I replied to with relevant info); the Avios all posted yesterday and I made both bookings today:

(1) LAX-JFK-LAX in F on AA metal, 96000 Avios plus ~$20 (transferred Chase points to round it out), h/t to Ben from the One Mile at a Time blog for cluing me in to this possibility. A phone agent was able to book this for me today, but I did have to HUCA several times.

(2) LAX-MAD-LAX in J on IB metal, 85000 Avios plus ~$240. Planning to tack on paid LCC flights to get to/from Paris.

(Edited to add details)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.