Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:29 am
Original Member

Hello all
i plan to redeem my bonus miles from IB Plus on BA for a one way award. Does anyone know if one can make date changes after 1st December? I understand that routing changes that would necessitate cancelling the award and starting again would be a no go. Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Ex Club Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Circle
Still not received the 90000 avios

Originally Posted by Scandinavian traveler
My partner sent an email with executives cc around 11 pm last night. Points posted 12 hours later.

Previously she just sent 4 emails to the normal email, never received a response. Seems like it works after all.
Hi everyone,

My partner still hasn't heard anything from Iberia except the standard "sorry for the inconvenience" emails in response to their requests and are now trying again. Would anyone be so kind as to give me an idea of the sort of wording that you used in the emails to the execs that seemed to get a satisfactory response? I have started to draft something, saying we booked in June, followed the rules, expected the avios in July, have chased twice and that I feel this is an unacceptable situation to not hear anything back. I have also said that if I don't get a satisfactory response in the next 72 hours, then I will refer it to the authorities and advertising standards people.

What do you think? Too strong? Not strong enough? I have thought about also including the likes of Willie Walsh and other IAG execs on the email so they can see what is happening at Iberia. What do you guys think?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I am not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I picked up some useful intel when struggling to get Avios refunded on a cancelled Avis booking made with the bonus Iberia Avios. I e-mailed [email protected] with an informative subject line, and heard nothing. I messaged the Twitter desk, who told me to re-send with only my Iberia Plus number in the e-mail subject line. I did so the same evening and had a helpful and detailed response (in English) the following morning. The issue was sorted the next day.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA executive plat, Turkish Airlines Gold , Etihad Gold
Iberia is offering me One way awards on Qatar metal , I thought Qatar was only bookable as a return? 100 k avios+ 300 EUR taxes

ashishsg likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
Originally Posted by spikeling
Just an update: Manage to transfer successfully today. Guess writing emails in to feedback work this time!
Managed to transfer from IBeria to BA ? do you now have a 'minus balance' in your account ?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I thought it’s open 24/7? Don’t bother calling anyone else than the IB+ Hotline in Spain.
You are right! Just called the US number:

First agent: I cannot help you, you should not have said "Iberia Plus" at the prompt, but instead "Avios"
Second agent: I cannot help you, you should not have said "Avios" at the prompt, but instead "Iberia Plus"
Third agent: I cannot help you, you need to call the number in Spain

At least, they were all very friendly :-)
Single_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 2:30 pm

In case someone wonders, I've checked in to the flight and didn't show up. Nothing happened, i.e. no miles removed, but of course no extra miles credited either. So all good.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Polo1980
Iberia is offering me One way awards on Qatar metal , I thought Qatar was only bookable as a return? 100 k avios+ 300 EUR taxes
I've mentioned it earlier. Sometimes it works, but it seems like it's only some routes and some dates. I have also seen AY, I think.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
My IB account is now 3 months old - and the system allows me to transfer to BA Avios.

(I successfully received the 90,000 + 200 sign up bonus IB Avios.)

I haven't been up to date with the developments in the recent months.

Is there any risk for transferring to BA Avios? Does that also solve the "December 2018" deadline issue for using the IB Avios?

(BA Avios is a much better deal on partner redemptions, HKG-TPE round trip in CX J is 34000 IB Avios + 49.35 € vs. 18000 BA Avios + 44 GBP)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
My IB account is now 3 months old - and the system allows me to transfer to BA Avios.

(I successfully received the 90,000 + 200 sign up bonus IB Avios.)

I haven't been up to date with the developments in the recent months.

Is there any risk for transferring to BA Avios? Does that also solve the "December 2018" deadline issue for using the IB Avios?

(BA Avios is a much better deal on partner redemptions, HKG-TPE round trip in CX J is 34000 IB Avios + 49.35 € vs. 18000 BA Avios + 44 GBP)
I asked IB about transferring the promotional points to BA. They reconfirmed what was said a few months ago. Transferring to BA does not count as redeeming the promotional points. Your IB account will be deducted 90k.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:12 pm

Hi, I want to call the Spanish Iberia Plus number, but when I call the number I find on the Iberia website (+34 901 201 214) with either my European cell phone or Skype, the call cannot be completed. Does anyone have a better number (sorry, could not quickly find it in this thread)?

Thank you!

Edit: +34 91 374 24 42 does not work either...

Last edited by gnargel; Sep 25, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rrgg
I asked IB about transferring the promotional points to BA. They reconfirmed what was said a few months ago. Transferring to BA does not count as redeeming the promotional points. Your IB account will be deducted 90k.
I don't mind the IB account having a negative balance (which was mentioned before).

But is there any risk in transferring to BA? Or is it best to just redeem directly from IB account?

(I assume once the IB --> BA transfer is done, the BA points do not have an expiry date of December 2018)
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
.+34 917 742 607‬
Old Sep 25, 2018, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
.+34 917 742 607‬
Thank you, that works!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
I don't mind the IB account having a negative balance (which was mentioned before).

But is there any risk in transferring to BA? Or is it best to just redeem directly from IB account?

(I assume once the IB --> BA transfer is done, the BA points do not have an expiry date of December 2018)
Maybe they won't have an expiry of December 2018 if sitting in the BA account. However, I thought BA and IB avios will be combined at the end of the year. So your positive BA balance will be added to the negative IB one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.