Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
What time zone are they using to determine end of offer?
I imagine is CET(GMT +2??)
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:18 pm

Just did two bookings now. E-mail confirmation states "With this purchase you can earn up to 125 Avios." Assume no need to be concerned by this comment right? Mama said never assume and hopefully the 9,000 Avios will show up within 10 days. Payment went thru OK, tho if I did it ten times to think it won't be flagged is sorta interesting.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by more4less

I imagine is CET(GMT +2??)
so the offer is now over?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:52 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
For those new accounts that are having issues adding IB#
If you go to Britishairways.com and put in your reservation code under "manage my booking" it will load up your itin and you can add your IB number. I then found the reservation on Iberia's site and my IB number was there!

Credit: a commenter on FM.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
so the offer is now over?
I understand that tonight will be over
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:02 am

One of my flights booked for Jan 11th 2019 got cancelled, the flight was from SDR to MAD IB559. I'm going to book another ticket for a different date and time.

Edit: It may have been one of the reservation where the credit didn't go through and I used a different credit card. I think the cancellation was due to 24 hours expiring.

Last edited by dilvala; Jun 24, 2018 at 12:14 am
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by HGHUA
Hopefully though a chargeback would be the easiest thing if it comes to that though.
You really think a credit card company is going to care about the promotional frequent flyer miles?

You bought a ticket and you'd have a ticket. There's no chargeback claim. That you don't actually want to fly isn't the fault of anyone but you.

Seriously, people really didn't think this through. Like I said, I'm playing, but for literally a single booking. Only play what you're willing to lose.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
You really think a credit card company is going to care about the promotional frequent flyer miles?

You bought a ticket and you'd have a ticket. There's no chargeback claim. That you don't actually want to fly isn't the fault of anyone but you.

Seriously, people really didn't think this through. Like I said, I'm playing, but for literally a single booking. Only play what you're willing to lose.

I think you are mistaken about this not being a typical chargeback issue. If the vendor (Iberia) doesn't hold up their end of the bargain, IMHO should be a simple chargeback.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I don't know. If I'm a reviewer for a chargeback, I would think "this person bought a plane ticket and iberia confirms they have a ticket" On complaint of the promotion it's probably "what's an avios?"

Sometimes we forget this is a pretty esoteric hobby and most people don't really get it other than "miles means free flights, right?".
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:39 am

Just made 10 bookings with all 10 showing up booking management. However, when I clicked "see/manage" on one of the bookings then "Passenger information", for all of the passengers I've booked the "Frequent flyer card" collumn has a link that states "Add number" rather than displaying the Iberia card number.

I entered in the Iberia card number for each and every passenger on the 10 bookings which also showed up in the booking confirmation page. Should I be concered about this?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by UnitedFTW
Just made 10 bookings with all 10 showing up booking management. However, when I clicked "see/manage" on one of the bookings then "Passenger information", for all of the passengers I've booked the "Frequent flyer card" collumn has a link that states "Add number" rather than displaying the Iberia card number.

I entered in the Iberia card number for each and every passenger on the 10 bookings which also showed up in the booking confirmation page. Should I be concered about this?
It's happening to everyone who created a new account-- was that your case? If so, see my comment above on how to add it. It worked for me and I created mine ~20 hours ago.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I don't know. If I'm a reviewer for a chargeback, I would think "this person bought a plane ticket and iberia confirms they have a ticket" On complaint of the promotion it's probably "what's an avios?"

Sometimes we forget this is a pretty esoteric hobby and most people don't really get it other than "miles means free flights, right?".
IME as long as you say something reasonable you will win on re-dispute. The disputed process is heavily biased in favor of the consumer.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by ga8riel
It's happening to everyone who created a new account-- was that your case? If so, see my comment above on how to add it. It worked for me and I created mine ~20 hours ago.
Guessing I have to do this again 10 times?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:51 am

Guessing I have to do this again 10 times?
Tried using BA.com to add and got the following error message:

"Sorry, we are unable to find this Executive Club number for passenger [NAME] . Please enter a valid Executive Club or Avios Programme membership number"

Clearly selected Iberia Plus as the program when entering the numbers...
Old Jun 24, 2018, 1:02 am

Tried using BA.com to add and got the following error message:

"Sorry, we are unable to find this Executive Club number for passenger [NAME] . Please enter a valid Executive Club or Avios Programme membership number"

Clearly selected Iberia Plus as the program when entering the numbers...
when did you sign up for account? I'm almost a full 24hr so maybe that's why it's reflecting on BAs system. A girl from another forum had the same issue as you and she signed up 5 hrs ago.

Also, to your previous question- yea you have to do it one by one

edit: another possible error is maybe when you signed up your last name doubled as your family name. Log in Iberia account and view how they have your name under acct preferences.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.