Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New IberiaCards "Icon" replaces "Sendo"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by jcelio

Any clue as to what the procedure is once upgraded to Silver how many TP are needed to achieve GOLD. The regular amount 2250 elite points or just the difference 1150.

Thanks...
I imagine you need the regular amount, ie. 2250
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: AAadvantage EXP, UA MilagePlus
Originally Posted by more4less

I imagine you need the regular amount, ie. 2250
That would be my thought also.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by jcelio
Any clue as to what the procedure is once upgraded to Silver how many TP are needed to achieve GOLD. The regular amount 2250 elite points or just the difference 1150.

Thanks...
Can someone give the answer to this? We are just waiting to receive an ICON card, will be booking quite a few flights, and trying to work out if it is best to credit points to BA or IB.

(PS, I know it's an old thread, but couldn't find the answer, or discussion about it, anywhere else)

Thanks!
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The credit card you use and the frequent flyer programme you credit your flights to are two entirely separate decisions. Just because you have an Iberia credit card doesn't mean that you should automatically just credit flights to IB.

It's pretty simple to figure out whether IB+ or BA will offer you more Avios for a given flight.

Elite status requires way more info about your travel habits.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 7:24 am

Hi Craig, yes of course, I understand that. The question though is about the Plata status that getting the ICON credit card automatically gives. I wanted to know if then to get to Oro you need to get just the extra 1150 elite points, or the whole 2250 as if you were at Clasica status. Obviously that makes a huge difference to the decision on where to credit Tier points.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 3:56 am
formerly mrshyt

Programs: IB+ Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by jnoono
Hi Craig, yes of course, I understand that. The question though is about the Plata status that getting the ICON credit card automatically gives. I wanted to know if then to get to Oro you need to get just the extra 1150 elite points, or the whole 2250 as if you were at Clasica status. Obviously that makes a huge difference to the decision on where to credit Tier points.
Even with Plata from the ICON card to get to Oro you are starting from zero, so you need the 2,250.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.