Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interesting: Groupon is selling Avios in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Would be great if you got your miles as well as your refund. Maybe you should give it a go, and to heck with it!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Had this from Iberia today...

Hello Sunshinebob , we just spoke to the responsible department regarding this issue. They confirm that the partner (Groupon) has started processing the files that are pending and they expect to have within the next few days the details to start sending the Avios to the accounts. We don't have much more information. We are well aware that this has been an extraordinary situation and we apologize for the inconvenience. We'll keep you posted with the status of the process. Regards."

For what its worth......
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
As you live near Málaga, I'm sure you're aware. But for anyone else reading this "Next few days" means probably a week or two. Also keep in mind that you can't expect much to get done on holy week which is also coming up.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
As you live near Málaga, I'm sure you're aware. But for anyone else reading this "Next few days" means probably a week or two. Also keep in mind that you can't expect much to get done on holy week which is also coming up.
Indeed , my "For what its worth......" tagline echos your comments entirely.

Y feliz semana santa para ti . Estoy contento estaré de vacaciones a mí mismo . Si veo un elemento más en la televisión sobre el hijo predilecto de Málaga podría matarme !!
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator, SPG Gold
I didn't report the cc scam yet as Iberia had asked for the Groupon coupons on my other e-mail account which I hadn't been reading (the first time they've sent e-mail).

The quite customer oriented Twitter contact just told that "our colleagues informed us that the Groupon bug is now fixed and they will starts to credit the Avios."

Hoping for the best..
Old Mar 29, 2016, 3:31 pm

As you live near Málaga, I'm sure you're aware. But for anyone else reading this "Next few days" means probably a week or two.
Three weeks thus far and still nothing.... What a crock
Old Mar 30, 2016, 7:27 am

Update:

Escalated my Paypal dispute and got my refund for the avios that did not make it to my account.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 12:20 pm

People, If you continue waiting for the Avios you will run out of time to dispute the credit card charges and you will be left without your money and Avios. I highly recommend you file disputes. It is now pretty much four months, I don't understand why many are still waiting.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: BA G, VS G
Groupon is selling Avios

I will suggest that anyone still awaiting a response contact the CEO of Iberia Mr. Luis Gallego via [email protected] . His office gets in touch within 24 hours, it worked for me.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:49 am

Its been four weeks since I was told a few days and I drew the line in the sand and disputed the charge with amex.

Groupon Spain have been completely useless and I don't think I will every deal with them again. Iberia's twitter team have been very pleasent but it appears their hands are tied by groupon..

Someone needs to be the bigger man and just sign all these off.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by stetai
I will suggest that anyone still awaiting a response contact the CEO of Iberia Mr. Luis Gallego via [email protected] . His office gets in touch within 24 hours, it worked for me.
Thanks for this idea -- reaching out and if there's not a suitable response I'll begin the credit card dispute process. Almost forgot about this (which is probably what Groupon/Iberia would prefer.)
Old Apr 6, 2016, 12:59 pm

Following my dispute with amex over the missing miles they agreed within 24 hours to refund me the €245 euros I paid last year...

Its a shame it came to this but its groupon's own fault and I got strung along enough.. I have been patient and in constant contact chasing in English and Spanish with both themselves and Iberia but they kept moving the goalposts.

I did get most of my avios and ALL of my money back so let's see where it goes from here..
Old Apr 14, 2016, 3:01 am

The offer is back on Groupon for those that are willing to enter these murky waters.

Be wary as per this thread.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 4:06 am

The offer is back on Groupon for those that are willing to enter these murky waters.

Be wary as per this thread.
Can you purchase if you already did so in December?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Can you purchase if you already did so in December?
It would appear so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.