Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:32 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by peezers
A colleague has inadvertently registered for the 3K points instead of FFN - has anyone had success changing the registration?
Yes - official line from GPCS is that they are 'able to switch between the two choices until your first stay has posted to your account and then you will be locked in to the choice.'
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
Do other "promotional" rate (eg Travelzoo) rate stays count towards FFN?
Generally no since those rates do not generate a stay credit. YMMV though - in the last round of FFNs "travelzoo" rates booked directly on www.hyatt.com qualified.
There is a link between an eligible stay and FFN: If we pay an eligible rate we earn stay credit to tier (re-)qualification and an eligible stay for The Next Big Thing Promotion.

From my experiences:

• The vast majority of "Hyatt offers" I found at travelzoo.com are referenced by Hyatt. If these rates are available on hyatt.com - either by searching for best available rate or using a code provided on hyatt.com - we are paying an eligible rate.
  • If an external source provides a special offer code and/or group/corporate # for hyatt.com, BUT after eliminating this special offer code and/or group/corporate #, this promotional rate does not show up, in most cases such rates are ineligible rates.

Travelzoo -- do they or don't they earn stay credits?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Explore
Hyatt Gold Passport did everything we crankily asked for, provided flexibility, and also clarity. It's again the number one program, outshining SPG and the others by a country mile. Thanks Jeff.....
I have to agree with this. When you're at Diamond...there is no comparison to any other program. Confirmed upgrades are a wonderful thing.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:11 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
Dear Hyatt,
Please learn to properly credit FFN awards when choosing UA miles.

Your friend,
Halothane
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere

I had no issue with getting FFN credits while also getting miles. However, I had to call to convert the stay from points to miles.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: status-less.
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I had no issue with getting FFN credits while also getting miles. However, I had to call to convert the stay from points to miles.
Same experience here; my stays at Hyatt Place properties seem to always require a call to get points changed to miles, but the FFN (and extra SWA credits) pop right into the account without any trouble at all. At my last HP stay the desk clerk found the right dropbox in the software and valiantly tried to set it to miles, but each time they did the dropbox automatically re-set itself to points upon clicking "ok". Seems to be a software issue; but the GP Customer Service folks are always incredibly helpful and supportive.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:46 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & Companion Pass, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz Prez Circle
Question Booking 2 rooms using FFN?

Sorry if this was addressed before, but I can't find it anywhere. Can I book two (2) rooms at a property? For example, if I have earned 8 FFNs, can I book 2 rooms at the same property for 4 nights concurently?

Thanks,
El Jefe
Old Nov 5, 2009, 8:58 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by el_jefe
Sorry if this was addressed before, but I can't find it anywhere. Can I book two (2) rooms at a property? For example, if I have earned 8 FFNs, can I book 2 rooms at the same property for 4 nights concurently?

Thanks,
El Jefe
Yes
Old Nov 8, 2009, 2:15 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; UA Golod; SPG; Hyatt Diamond; AA PLAT; MR gold
Originally Posted by el_jefe

Thanks,
El Jefe
GP CSR confirmed this for me - great benefit
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Thumbs up

I took Mary2e's advice and kept checking to see if The Next Big Thing award availability would resurface and lo and behold, it did.

I also took the sage advice of other FTalkers and converted my points/award nights to FFN nights enabling me to save my points for future stays.

So I now have a 6 consecutive night stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney courtesy of FFN. I consider this amazing as the average cost per night is USD700+ in late November.

Question. Can a colleague book his FFN under his name/account and list me as a member of his party which, in turn, would enable me to check in using his reservation?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 8:52 am

FFNs are valid with standard room accomodations for single or double occupancy and are not transferable.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: VS Flying Club Silver, SPG Gold, Star Silver
Combining offers & asking for miles instead of points

Hi,

I am doing 1 night each at Hyatt Sha Tin and then Hyatt TST to earn the free night. I only need 520 more GP points to reach a free Cat 5 reward, and don't feel the need to go beyond 520 at this point. Can I do the following:

1) Earn the 1 free night from the two stays
2) Request miles at both properties instead of points to earn the 2,500 miles offer with Aeroplan or Flying Blue
3) Still earn the G3 1,500 GP points offer for stays at Sha Tin?

Those 1500 bonus points would get me over my 520 mark that I need and I would still be able to take advantage of the airline offer.

Thanks for letting me know if I'm wrong!
Old Nov 9, 2009, 4:18 pm

You cannot earn a Gx bonus if you choose miles for that stay. Next Big Thing (FFN) still applies though.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 3:56 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Starwood Gold
Hi guys,

I'm a long time FT'er - but new to the Hotel section of the site. First of all - man I can't believe what I've been missing! I'm having so much fun reading old threads and getting acquainted with my new favorite program - Hyatt Gold Passport. I'm already a Platinum level and hopefully will become Diamond next year

I do have one question regarding this promotion. I've earned one free award and when trying to book my one night I am asked for my credit card # for a deposit on the room. Does anyone know if you actually get charged this amount? Could some one please shine some light on how the deposit process works when booking with this promo? I ask because I'm booking a very expensive room and I'd hate to get stuck with the $500 bill because I did something wrong and my award doesn't work.

Thank you
Old Nov 10, 2009, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by paulj2k
I do have one question regarding this promotion. I've earned one free award and when trying to book my one night I am asked for my credit card # for a deposit on the room. Does anyone know if you actually get charged this amount? Could some one please shine some light on how the deposit process works when booking with this promo? I ask because I'm booking a very expensive room and I'd hate to get stuck with the $500 bill because I did something wrong and my award doesn't work.
You didn't say which property this is. If its a "regular" property, they take the credit card to hold the reservation just as they would on any stay - card is never charged - not sure what happens if you do a "no show". Some "resorts" take (and charge your card) a deposit - once your stay is over, the deposit is returned (less any incidentals you may have of course).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.