Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NextBigThing 10/1/09-1/31/10 Earn-10/15/09-3/31/10 Ext 1-3 mos elites (REQ by 2/28)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2009, 12:23 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Dakota
I just tried to convert an existing points reservation to FFN and was refused. The agent said there was no FFN availability for the hotel and dates concerned and to keep checking back. Was this refusal to change an existing booking correct or was the agent mistaken?

Thanks.
Agent is mistaken - this was confirmed with GP Execs on Fri - hint calls in the late evenings US EST seems to get the most experienced agents. Keep calling back.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:19 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by unavaca
Boo! I've always hated that rule. If I'm throwing down change for X (X > 2) nights, why the heck should I be penalized more than the guy who stayed twice that week? Lame.

Sorta makes me want to stay at night at Marriott in the middle of the week just out of spite.
Just popping by from the ICH forum

yep this is pretty annoying - my brother is staying for 17 nights in the next couple of weeks and this looks like he'll only get 1 night from it

Anyone know - they have 2 rooms booked, will he credit for both or would it make sense to add my GP number to the second?
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
Just popping by from the ICH forum

yep this is pretty annoying - my brother is staying for 17 nights in the next couple of weeks and this looks like he'll only get 1 night from it

Anyone know - they have 2 rooms booked, will he credit for both or would it make sense to add my GP number to the second?
He won't get credit for the second room - just the points from it.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:40 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
He won't get credit for the second room - just the points from it.
ok thanks. i dont suppose its one of those where they can have one night on his card and one night on my card? seems a shame to miss out on so many free nights because the stay is 17 mights altogether
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by morepointsplease
ok thanks. i dont suppose its one of those where they can have one night on his card and one night on my card? seems a shame to miss out on so many free nights because the stay is 17 mights altogether
With two rooms its virtually impossible to do that - you can probably alternate with one room though.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:24 pm
Suspended

FFN refundable ?

PLEASE READ THESE FAQs - MOST OF THE COMMON QUESTIONS WILL PROBABLY BE ANSWERED HERE

Where can I get more information? Well, the usual place is www.goldpassport.com and follow the link to the t&c for FFN, if there is one.
Sorry if this was answered already.

If I book an FFN award and figure out that I cannot travel, will I be able to cancel the night and get the FFN voucher back? Is there a cancellation fee involved?
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
What are the chances of a diamond getting 2 or 3 FFN extended into April or May? I'll have earned 11 and am having a hard time redeeming them all given my work schedule.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor
If I book an FFN award and figure out that I cannot travel, will I be able to cancel the night and get the FFN voucher back? Is there a cancellation fee involved?
Yes you can cancel by the usual cancellation period like with any other reservation (non-prepaid). No there is no cancellation fee.

Originally Posted by Renard
What are the chances of a diamond getting 2 or 3 FFN extended into April or May? I'll have earned 11 and am having a hard time redeeming them all given my work schedule.
In the past, they've usually given a one month extension for Diamonds but rumor has it that last year extensions got way out of hand and they're going to be more strict this year - don't know if this means no extension at all or they're going to stick with the one month extension. We'll have to see - it's probably too early to really ask for an extension.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
In the past, they've usually given a one month extension for Diamonds but rumor has it that last year extensions got way out of hand and they're going to be more strict this year - don't know if this means no extension at all or they're going to stick with the one month extension. We'll have to see - it's probably too early to really ask for an extension.
I'd be ecstatic with a one month extension! (7 days into April would do it for me! I don't even need a whole month.) I know right now every weekend is already booked in March.. one using the FFNs but the other three are either booked for work or spring break...prepaid a long time ago. (I won't make that mistake again )
Old Dec 19, 2009, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Any idea when we will know about possible extensions into April? I could really use an extension this year and use the two nights at the GH Orlando with the kiddos!
Has anyone asked CS yet? Dare I be the one to be first?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Question 1 night deposit charged from credit card

How do I book an FFN award? If you've had FFNs awards posted to your account (see above), there will be a blue box saying BOOK NOW when you have FFNs available. Click it, then chose your location and your date. If there is a FFN award available, you will see something like this:

The Next Big Thing Rede Twin Room
BOOK
Rate Details
The Next Big Thing Rede King Room View Room
BOOK
Rate Details

You will need to call to book if your FFN (or any award) stay is less than one week prior to date of arrival.

I made some online one night bookings as described.

It says under "deposit policy": Deposit Required By December 19, 2009. Deposit By Credit Card Required. 1 Night(S) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card.

Why do they charge my credit card? And why was the FFN not deducted from my account?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by nissan motor
It says under "deposit policy": Deposit Required By December 19, 2009. Deposit By Credit Card Required. 1 Night(S) Deposit Will Be Charged To Credit Card.

Why do they charge my credit card? And why was the FFN not deducted from my account?
Since this was an award stay your credit card probably wasn't charged - the langauge was leftover from a revenue booking (assuming this is a resort). Awards (FFNs as well as points) are deducted from your account without any set schedule by properties - some take them "right away" others don't take them until close to the stay.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by bsdstone
Any idea when we will know about possible extensions into April? I could really use an extension this year and use the two nights at the GH Orlando with the kiddos!
Has anyone asked CS yet? Dare I be the one to be first?
Look upthread. It looks like some have.

IME, they've virtually never done it before about three weeks before the official expiry, probably when a few numbers fall into place at Hyatt and GP. Remember, in any case, the extension that people would want is right into spring holidays. Not that that mattered last year. And with March officially included this year, it seems not to matter again.

But they have to tell us something to hold us off now.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:49 am

Does it seem that extensions depend on the level you are at?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by best
Does it seem that extensions depend on the level you are at?
I believe in the past they were for Diamonds only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.