Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:56 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

I submitted a few BRG claims last week before making a reservation. After each BRG claims was processed, I received an e-mail with a case file number telling me to make a reservation and then phone Hyatt Customer Service (within 24 hours of the e-mail being sent) with the reservation confirmation number and the BRG case file number so that the reservation rate can be adjusted to the BRG rate.

According to the Hyatt BRG T&Cs:
If you find a publicly available and immediately bookable room-only rate on the Internet for a Hyatt hotel ("Competing Rate") that is lower than the room rate available for the same reservation on http://www.hyatt.com (i.e., same hotel, same type of room, same number of guests, same dates of stay and same length of stay), then prior to or within 24 hours of booking the reservation on http://www.hyatt.com, please submit your claim request online via our online claim form.
(emphasis added)

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
my last 2 claims got denied by the same agent with the same (most stupid) reason as follows

------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. 3rdworldresident,

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and your interest in our Best Rate Guarantee program. After reviewing your claim,]I was unable to validate your submission as there is not a reservation made for Hyatt Regency Danang Resort and Spa under the name provided.

Please book your reservation for your requested hotel and stay dates on Hyatt.com or by contacting your nearest Global Contact Center. Once your reservation has been confirmed, resubmit your claim on www.Hyatt.com/bestrateguarantee and a Hyatt.com representative will be able to research your claim.

Best regards,

Jxxxxxx Hxxxx Global Contact Center - Omaha

------------------------------------------------

What?????

this means that you have to make a booking before submitting a brg claim. Right? (like SPG)

does the brg t&C change? the claim form still remains the same. (existing reservation or not?)

anyone experienced this before?
My BRG claim was processed by the same agent last week even though I did not have an existing booking. When I phoned Hyatt Customer Service, the agent on the phone said that Ms Jxxxxxx Hxxxx is 'one of our most experienced BRG agents'! This reaffirms my view that the Hyatt BRG team does not receive sufficient training...

Last edited by paul00; Mar 9, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Hello Flyertalkers!

Please be advised that an existing reservation is required in order for a Best Rate Guarantee Claim to be validated.

Thanks!
So how is that reconciled with the T&Cs mentioned above? It specifically says that a BRG claim can be submitted prior to making a reservation.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Hello Flyertalkers!

Please be advised that an existing reservation is required in order for a Best Rate Guarantee Claim to be validated.

Thanks!
Since when?
Old Mar 9, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
they are following SPG's BRG step.

i hope they will do good job in processing brg claim like SPG too.

So, Gold passport representatives, please update your claim form, your T&C.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
On the form, it doesn't even require a reservation number. As others have mentioned, I have had success in doing the BRG BEFORE making the reservation. Then I make the reservation and call up HGP to apply for the BRG rate. There appears to be some confusion somewhere between the Hyatt staff.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:29 am

Hello Flyertalkers!

Thanks!
Since when?

No way I'm booking first and then hoping to get the BRG approved (based on the apparent coin-flip mentality in approvals/denials).

Also - see below.

edit: whoops, didn't see this referenced above.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
No go for the site that I have seen popping up on Kayak the last few days, the site it called Cancelon I tried to submit a BRG and Hyatt stated that the site only confirms the room after hotel is contacted for booking. I couldn't find that anywhere on the site, so I'm not sure if its entirely true.

Oh well, Wiki has been updated.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:35 pm

I have successfully completed at least 15 BRG and on EVERY SINGLE ONE I have gotten it approved, THEN booked the stay and called and had the rate adjusted. Unless they are changing it, you do not need to book it first. Honestly, I don't rant and rave about a lot of nonsense that some other people do, but if they change that, I will be one seriously pissed off camper. There is ZERO chance I will book rates then play the random movable target BRG nonsense that Hyatt does with websites and terms.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by antonius66
I have successfully completed at least 15 BRG and on EVERY SINGLE ONE I have gotten it approved, THEN booked the stay and called and had the rate adjusted. Unless they are changing it, you do not need to book it first. Honestly, I don't rant and rave about a lot of nonsense that some other people do, but if they change that, I will be one seriously pissed off camper. There is ZERO chance I will book rates then play the random movable target BRG nonsense that Hyatt does with websites and terms.
While I can understand that you wouldn't want the change, I see little reason why that would stop you. Unless it's a non-refundable rate, if they don't approve the BRG than just cancel the reservation and move on. You wouldn't be losing anything.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:54 pm

My experience had been similar to yours previously. Never had an issue submitting the claim, getting approved, then booking and calling. Just got this response. Comical. Making their BRG even more of a pain. This company is on a hot streak of getting everything wrong.

"Dear Mr. xxxxxx,

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and your interest in our Best Rate Guarantee program. After reviewing your claim, I was unable to validate your submission as there is not a reservation made for Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa under the name and dates you have provided for this claim.

Please book your reservation for your requested hotel and stay dates on Hyatt.com or by contacting your nearest Global Contact Center. Once your reservation has been confirmed, resubmit your claim on www.Hyatt.com/bestrateguarantee and a Hyatt.com representative will be able to research your claim.

Best regards,

Mxxxxxxxxx Lxxxxxxxx Global Contact Center - Omaha"
Old Mar 10, 2016, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
While I can understand that you wouldn't want the change, I see little reason why that would stop you. Unless it's a non-refundable rate, if they don't approve the BRG than just cancel the reservation and move on. You wouldn't be losing anything.
This is exactly the issue. Booking an advance purchase reservation with no guarantee that your BRG will be approved (even if it should be). No chance I'm doing that.

The other issue I suppose would be if there were only one room remaining in inventory?

Last edited by Gunner14; Mar 10, 2016 at 2:05 pm
Old Mar 10, 2016, 2:31 pm

Please pardon me as I am new to this BRG thing.
I have a room booked at Hyatt Place FLL. I booked through Valuetrips (http://valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm#Today's Super Value rates)

I am wondering if I am able to BRG this reservation? I see something in the terms about immediately bookable. I filled out the online form and got an email the next day. Has anyone tried a BRG in this kind of circumstance?

My reservation is for Dec 20-23, two guests, King bed w/ sofa bed, high floor for $149 night (plus taxes). Hyatt website shows king room w/ sofa bed, high floor for $229 night (plus taxes)

Thanks for your kind insight and helping me with my education. Look forward to hearing from you soon!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
they did update t&c of brg claim.

imo, this makes hyatt's brg no longer exist. hyatt is totally suck on this.

okay, life goes on. i will find somewhere else to stay then.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:38 pm

Wow...just wow. I have defended hyatt for a long time especially on the brg front but I'm blown away. What a totally anti customer move. Just get rid of the stupid thing then. I won't book nonrefundable rates and pray they honor a brg...and since that is often the cheapest rate, you either try to brg against that or nothing at all.

Interesting times with hyatt...a seriously anti customer salvo with DSUs, no promo at all for almost half a year, now a massive hit on an already problematic brg program, mindless large scale diamond matches, and ZERO communication other than to deliver bad news.

Might be time to go back to IHG RA. Not as nice of hotels and no guaranteed free breakfast and no DSUs. However, IHG has WAAAAAY more hotels, usually breakfast and club included anyway, good enough ICs, and using DSUs is becoming impossible anyway with half the damn hotels getting to randomly "opt out" of a major benefit of the program they are supposed to be part of, decreasing availability, more hotels gaming the system and more restrictions on when they can be used.

Last edited by antonius66; Mar 12, 2016 at 8:47 pm
Old Mar 12, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Wow...just wow. I have defended hyatt for a long time especially on the brg front but I'm blown away. What a totally anti customer move. Just get rid of the stupid thing then. I won't book nonrefundable rates and pray they honor a brg...and since that is often the cheapest rate, you either try to brg against that or nothing at all.

Interesting times with hyatt...a seriously anti customer salvo with DSUs, no promo at all for almost half a year, now a massive hit on an already problematic brg program, mindless large scale diamond matches, and ZERO communication other than to deliver bad news.

Might be time to go back to IHG RA. Not as nice of hotels and no guaranteed free breakfast and no DSUs. However, IHG has WAAAAAY more hotels, usually breakfast and club included anyway, good enough ICs, and using DSUs is becoming impossible anyway with half the damn hotels getting to randomly "opt out" of a major benefit of the program they are supposed to be part of, decreasing availability, more hotels gaming the system and more restrictions on when they can be used.
I agree this is kind of a dumb move, but is it that hard to get around? We already know that unless the competing rate is lower than the lowest rate Hyatt has (including pre-paid), you won't get approved. So your BRG has to be lower than that rate. There is nothing saying you have to book the cheapest rate on hyatt.com in the first place (i.e. you don't have to book the pre-paid rate initially). So, book a refundable reservation on hyatt.com, then BRG with whatever you found which had to be lower than the prepaid anyways. Bam - gamble gone. If the BRG doesn't work, you cancel the reservation. If it does, all is well.

Am I missing something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.