Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:39 am

Had two requests go through very smoothly - the second one was quite surprising (I was expecting a currency conversion discrepancy response):

Park Hyatt Dubai
Dates: 2 nights in November 2016
Room Type: Park twin for 2 adults
Hyatt rate: $423 per night
easyclicktravel.com rate: $246 per night
Adjusted rate: $196 per night

Grand Hyatt Erawan
Dates: 3 nights in November 2016
Room Type: Grand twin for 2 adults
Hyatt rate: $161.21 per night
agoda.com rate: $158.55 per night
Adjusted rate: $126 per night
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
@Gold Passport Concierge , We demand an answer!
Originally Posted by Marevna
@Gold Passport Concierge

Everyone (besides you) knows that when one opens a customer account with Amazon, one does NOT become a "member" with Amazon.

However, when one opens (and pays for) their Prime club, one becomes a "member" of their Prime club.

So there is a significant difference between the (simple) registration as a CUSTOMER and the intention to become a MEMBER ..... when do you (and your colleagues) finally learn about this?
So pretty soon Hyatt will no longer do status matches because you can open an priceline account and according to Hyatt you "become there member". Just ridiculous.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
@Gold Passport Concierge , We demand an answer!
Originally Posted by Marevna
@Gold Passport Concierge

Everyone (besides you) knows that when one opens a customer account with Amazon, one does NOT become a "member" with Amazon.

However, when one opens (and pays for) their Prime club, one becomes a "member" of their Prime club.

So there is a significant difference between the (simple) registration as a CUSTOMER and the intention to become a MEMBER ..... when do you (and your colleagues) finally learn about this?
@Gold Passport Concierge

Stop cheating your guests or they are leaving.

I am gone.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Dubai
Date(s): February 2016
Number of Adults: 2
Room Type: King
Hyatt Rate: 500 AED
Competing website: Getaroom
Competing rate: 450 AED
Comments:
BRG Reward: 20%
Actual confirmed rate: 360 AED

Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights
Date(s): February 2016
Room Type: Two Twins
Hyatt Rate: 650 AED
Competing website: Getaroom
Competing rate: 612 AED
Comments:
Actual confirmed rate: 489 AED

Not as easy as SPG, but so far was able to brg 4 out of 6 stays this year. SPG however, all my paid stays are BRG (100 nights/year)

Last edited by supatight80; Feb 25, 2016 at 1:14 am
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Just had my first experience with the new Amoma "membership" policy. This one was a little different though because the booking is actually made on kayak.com through Amoma so I didn't even see where it automatically enrolls you for anything on Amoma.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: Virgin Gold, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hi there, long time lurker.

Finally posting due to recent match to Hyatt Diamond from SPG Plat and trying to figure out what it has to offer.

Booked two rooms (both refundable) on the same night and submitted an individual BRG on two different competing rates. [Both on the accepted wiki list]

It has been around 18hours, no news so far, not even an email confirming they received my two claims, will update accordingly.

Sidenote, kind of wish to get it done before end of Feb because I have a DSU expiring by the 29th of Feb. Planning to call them in the morning. Fingers-crossed.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 10:52 am

Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin
Date(s): April 2016
Hyatt Rate: 1100 HKD
Competing website: Booking
Competing rate: 925 HKD
Comments:
Actual confirmed rate: 740 HKD
Old Feb 25, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Another turn down for amoma.com. If that's the case, i will stay with spg.

"After researching, I was unable to validate your submission based on the third party website automatically enrolling guests in a membership program during the booking process."
Old Feb 25, 2016, 3:43 pm

Filed a claim yesterday morning based on a rate from EasyClickTravel, and after a long wait for 36 hours, I was pleasantly surprised:

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
Arrival Date: 12/17/2016
Departure Date: 12/19/2016
Number of guests: 2 Adult 1 Child
Room Type: Ziva Master Double
Rates: $350.14 USD per night

Rate on Hyatt website was $713 per night for 2 adults 1 child, all inclusive! Now I wonder if they would approve a BRG claim based on mobile rate, as I see even lower rate on my phone!
Old Feb 25, 2016, 4:09 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by frenchie2
Filed a claim yesterday morning based on a rate from EasyClickTravel, and after a long wait for 36 hours, I was pleasantly surprised:

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Rate on Hyatt website was $713 per night for 2 adults 1 child, all inclusive! Now I wonder if they would approve a BRG claim based on mobile rate, as I see even lower rate on my phone!
I don't think the form accepts the picture format that the phone saves a screenshot as. I tried that with my iPhone and it didn't work. But you could just try it as an attachment to the response email, if you got one.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2

Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos

Yes you can BRG for a mobile rate. I have done it before.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: Virgin Gold, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jono_UKHK
Hi there, long time lurker.

Finally posting due to recent match to Hyatt Diamond from SPG Plat and trying to figure out what it has to offer.

Booked two rooms (both refundable) on the same night and submitted an individual BRG on two different competing rates. [Both on the accepted wiki list]

It has been around 18hours, no news so far, not even an email confirming they received my two claims, will update accordingly.

Sidenote, kind of wish to get it done before end of Feb because I have a DSU expiring by the 29th of Feb. Planning to call them in the morning. Fingers-crossed.
Update:

Both approved, thanks for the accepted list, very useful guideline.

Hotel Name: Grand Hyatt Singapore
Date(s): June 2016
Room Type: Grand King
Hyatt Rate: SGD350
Competing website: Agoda and Getaroom (non member rate)
Competing rate: SGD320 and SGD308
Comments:
Actual confirmed rate: SGD256 and SGD246

They took a little over 24 hours, but I'm glad they honoured it. All in all smooth process.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Denied again because the My Hyatt rate - the non-publicly available rate that requires you to sign up to a free membership of Hyatt Gold Passport - was lower.

Two calls to get it fixed. The first disconnected after 17 minutes, the last four or five of which was after having reached an agent. The second call took 44 minutes to be answered!

Aside from the ridiculousness of the whole process I am totally over James Morrison's 'Six Weeks'. It's the hold music. But instead of playing the entire song you literally get only the first seven lines over and over and over again. Every 30 seconds there's a recorded message "Thank you for calling Hyatt Hotels and Resorts. A [sic] associate will be with you momentarily. Thank you for choosing Hyatt." Then it's back to the first seven lines of 'Six Weeks'. Then 30 seconds later the recorded announcement. Then the first seven lines of 'Six Weeks' . . .
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by woresu
Hotel Name: Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin
Date(s): April 2016
Hyatt Rate: 1100 HKD
Competing website: Booking
Competing rate: 925 HKD
Comments:
Actual confirmed rate: 740 HKD
Interesting, you and I probably submitted BRGs at about the same time. Same hotel, same rate, except my stay is in March.

I was actually fearing a rejection because the rate went up in the ~18 hours it took them to reply to the submission.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
Can I still do a BRG claim if I've used a DSU?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.