Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by WRAF137
This sounds spookily familiar. I submitted BRG on 13 Feb 15. Next day an agent emails to say no attachment and refers to the wrong website. I sent her the screenshot and correct website. I've heard nothing despite 2 further emails to her and another to Gold Passport. Is this how Hyatt get out of BRG, by simply ignoring claims?
Apologies for quoting myself but it's by way of explanation.

Yesterday I contacted forum member Gold Passport Concierge seeking assistance (as offered in this thread's Wiki) and very quickly received a satisfactory response from Hyatt Customer Relations.

I have thanked Gold Passport Concierge directly but would also like to register my appreciation here. ^
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:41 pm

Denied today because "based on promotion code do not qualify for Best Rate Guarantee, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee." Then why is there a box in the BRG application for a promotion code?

Anyone know if Hyatt changed their BRG policy to disallow promo codes? I used a promo code last year and they didn't have a problem with it.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hyatt is much hard to get BRG approval than others. You often only receive a generic vague denial which leaves you in the dark as to why it was denied.

I submitted a BRG request with screen shot showing Hyatt rate is substantially higher. I received a reply denying my claim "based on Hyatt.com has a lower rate, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee." That's all. There is no rate comparison and why Hyatt.com has a lower rate despite my screen shot. The reply doesn't even show property name so you have no way of knowing which property it is in reference to if you have more than one BRG claims.

Starwood, for example, shows the property name, dates of reservation, the rate BRG team found and comparison with third party rate, and finally a reason for denial.^

Last edited by TerryK; Mar 2, 2015 at 5:11 pm
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by s2w0w
Denied today because "based on promotion code do not qualify for Best Rate Guarantee, this reservation is not eligible for our Best Rate Guarantee." Then why is there a box in the BRG application for a promotion code?

Anyone know if Hyatt changed their BRG policy to disallow promo codes? I used a promo code last year and they didn't have a problem with it.
I asked the same thing several pages back about a month ago regarding why there is a promotional code box on the BRG form when promotional codes are disallowed.

The reps on the phone couldn't provide an explanation. I have no issue at all with disallowing promotional codes. What I take issue with is there being a box on the form to input the promotional code. It's misleading.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, National EE
It baffles me as to why GP Concierge has not responded to any of the many complaints around the BRG program
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by iherebyresign
It baffles me as to why GP Concierge has not responded to any of the many complaints around the BRG program
There has been reported in this thread several times that they as per January 2015 do not offer help regarding the BRG prgram.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BRG is probably not a high priority item.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
My past experience.

I booked the Andaz London 189.00 GBP Hyatt.com, put reservation on hold

Getaroom.com same room 187.07 GBP

Fill out a claim. Email response back that night said the same price - but didn't mention the price. I submit another response asking what price they saw.

Then saw lower price on Getaroom.com 184 GBP, sent in a second claim.

Email the next day saying Getaroom.com no longer available at that rate.... And sure enough, two days later, that room is no longer available at that rate at Getaroom.com, and the hotel has no inventory in the basic queen room type, only king room. So no BRG.

Last edited by smilee; Mar 3, 2015 at 4:00 pm Reason: clarification
Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by danger
Perhaps the staff are having a long weekend.

Hour 0: submitted claim
24 hours after claim: no response
45 hours after first claim: resubmitted claim
69 hours after first claim (24 hours after claim resubmitting): still nothing
Eighty hours later I got a response, albeit one that used a different competing rate than the one I'd submitted and a Hyatt rate that wasn't even reflected by their own website, let alone being different from the one in my claim. The agent included a polite but firm comment that I shouldn't resubmit claims and to be confident 'We receive all claims that are submitted and endeavor to respond within 24 hours'.

Originally Posted by smilee
My past experience.

I booked the Andaz London 189.00 GBP Hyatt.com, put reservation on hold

Getaroom.com same room 187.07 GBP

Fill out a claim. Email response back that night said the same price - but didn't mention the price. I submit another response asking what price they saw.

Then saw lower price on Getaroom.com 184 GBP, sent in a second claim.

Email the next day saying Getaroom.com no longer available at that rate.... And sure enough, two days later, that room is no longer available at that rate at Getaroom.com, and the hotel has no inventory in the basic queen room type, only king room. So no BRG.
I've taken to including a screenshot of the rates on hyatt.com when I submit my claim to minimise this frequent occurrence.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 12:32 pm

easytobook.com got denied since it required third party membership - apparently it seems the criteria is that you have to login to get the rate...
I don't see that at all. It almost seems that Hyatt is using that as a blanket reason to deny all smaller sites.

Update: The reason why the claim was denied was because the rate was not instantly confirmable, even though easytobook did say it was. The manager I talked with said that the rate on easytobook was merely instantly confirmable on their site, and had not transmitted the booking to the Hyatt system. As a result, it was not instantly confirmable and not valid under the T&C. Gosh.

Last edited by yerffej201; Mar 7, 2015 at 1:49 pm
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Denied for rumbo.es due to reservations allegedly not being instantly confirmed.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Denied for Hoteltravel.com

Email claims "membership is required"

I was able to progress all the way to the payment confirmation page without signing up or logging in.

Writing back to Hyatt now.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just learned that you can still call Hyatt BRG, according to post #393 of this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...thread-27.html.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 12:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TerryK
I just learned that you can still call Hyatt BRG, according to post #393 of this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...thread-27.html.
Hyatt will only entertain BRG claims over the phone if the stay in question is imminent (ie. less than 24 hours away).
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by SQ421
Denied for Hoteltravel.com

Email claims "membership is required"

I was able to progress all the way to the payment confirmation page without signing up or logging in.

Writing back to Hyatt now.
^^ The same denied reason I got. Really ridiculous how these BRG program works, they really make you work for it. Don't they realize that it is partially a reflection of their customer service?
I think we should all submit a BBB complain each time such type of illogical reasons are applied when clearly you don't need membership to book the room (in fact I know that for hoteltravel.com, they will just create one for you without you needing to do anything).

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.