Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you can’t solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of “Consumer Affairs” and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
^^ The same denied reason I got. Really ridiculous how these BRG program works, they really make you work for it. Don't they realize that it is partially a reflection of their customer service?
I think we should all submit a BBB complain each time such type of illogical reasons are applied when clearly you don't need membership to book the room (in fact I know that for hoteltravel.com, they will just create one for you without you needing to do anything).

Cheers!
If you get denied and think it is valid, you are better off calling the BRG desk than writing back. They should be able to help with wrongly denied claims..though after reading the last few pages, it does look like the BRG program has gone down the crapper, which is a shame because it is really needed considering the removal of My Elite Rate

Last edited by dlandz; Mar 12, 2015 at 2:36 am
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
Hyatt won't honor best rate gaurantee

Hello everyone,

I submitted a brg claim and received the following response. I just wanted to see if this is normal.

We are pleased to hear of your desire to stay with us and happy to be of assistance regarding your Best Rate Guarantee submission. After researching, I was unable to validate your claim based on third party site requiring membership in order to book.

If you have reserved a reservation, the booking is still confirmed at the original rates held. Should you like to make any changes or cancellations, please contact our Hyatt Reservations Office at 800 233 1234 (from within the US and Canada). Please do not reply to this email as this mailbox is not regularly monitored.

To view a list of contact numbers available in other countries please visit:

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/customer-service/numbers.jsp

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance!

The site in question I got the rate from was rocket miles. The membership is absolutely free. Just like gold passport requires a membership is which is also free.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There's already an extensive thread on Best Rate Guarantees.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-wiki-102.html

Although I'm shocked that Rocketmiles has a lower rate than hyatt.com, it definitely doesn't qualify for BRG as it is clearly a membership site.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nothing new. Yawn. Should be merged with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...-wiki-102.html.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:52 pm

Hi everyone

If I claim a BRG for an AP succesfully, will I be able to "reclaim" a new rate in the event rates drop further?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:08 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by USCL
Hi everyone

If I claim a BRG for an AP succesfully, will I be able to "reclaim" a new rate in the event rates drop further?

Thanks!
Only if you find a cheaper rate within 24 hours of making the AP reservation. Otherwise, you're locked in.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:42 pm

And re a HDR?
Or do I have to make a second, parallel reservation?

Originally Posted by danger
Only if you find a cheaper rate within 24 hours of making the AP reservation. Otherwise, you're locked in.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by USCL
And re a HDR?
Or do I have to make a second, parallel reservation?
Flexi rates are fair game.

You can book one today for a stay in December and find a cheaper, competing rate in November and attempt a BRG.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:39 pm

Flexi rates are fair game.

You can book one today for a stay in December and find a cheaper, competing rate in November and attempt a BRG.
What do you fine folks of FT think is a reasonable time allowance to resubmit a claim? I submitted a claim almost 36 hours ago and haven't heard anything since. I understand that BRG claims are not a priority for Hyatt, so I really do try to be patient. Thoughts?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
What do you fine folks of FT think is a reasonable time allowance to resubmit a claim? I submitted a claim almost 36 hours ago and haven't heard anything since. I understand that BRG claims are not a priority for Hyatt, so I really do try to be patient. Thoughts?
In my opinion, as their stated time frame is 24 hours and they refuse to take claims over the phone, I resubmit as soon as the 24 hours is up. It's particularly important given Hyatt often seems to disregard screenshots if the competing site's rate has gone up and become ineligible.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 5:51 pm

I must say thankfully with the tons of BRGs I have done (probably about 20), I have never once had an issue with not getting a response within 24 hrs, and only 1 time have I ever had a "we can't read your attachment" type nonsense. I still miss the old system, since it was SO much better, but I can't say I have had the myriad problems everyone else reports as so common. I have gotten approvals back in as little as 20 minutes (I was shocked) and more usually, right around 20-24 hrs, but never ignored totally for 30+.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:48 pm

In my opinion, as their stated time frame is 24 hours and they refuse to take claims over the phone, I resubmit as soon as the 24 hours is up. It's particularly important given Hyatt often seems to disregard screenshots if the competing site's rate has gone up and become ineligible.
Thank you for your input. It's much appreciated. I think 24 hours is more than reasonable, especially since both Marriott and Starwood respond within hours, sometimes minutes.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
I must say thankfully with the tons of BRGs I have done (probably about 20), I have never once had an issue with not getting a response within 24 hrs, and only 1 time have I ever had a "we can't read your attachment" type nonsense. I still miss the old system, since it was SO much better, but I can't say I have had the myriad problems everyone else reports as so common. I have gotten approvals back in as little as 20 minutes (I was shocked) and more usually, right around 20-24 hrs, but never ignored totally for 30+.
Wow, I must be doing something wrong. I have submitted two BRG and one of the two responded with "unable to open attachment" (it was a PDF, pretty standard I would think). When I re-sent it they were able to open it.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
Thank you for your input. It's much appreciated. I think 24 hours is more than reasonable, especially since both Marriott and Starwood respond within hours, sometimes minutes.
I would personally just contact their consumer affairs department if it is taking much longer than the stated 24 hours. I don't think it matters if you waste the time of the team handling the claims if they are already behind, but consumer affairs has more skin in the game to help Hyatt customers' experiences.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
In my opinion, Hyatt either plays games with this BRG stuff (as in incentivizing the agents to reject as many claims as possible, even with made up rates and reasons), or the agents are trained really, really badly.

I made about 6 claims for different dates for a hotel in Germany, where the rate on hyatt.com was always the same and the rate on the competing website was always the same, too (much lower). I think 3 of them went through without a problem, 2 were denied for inexplicable reasons (they made up that the rates supposedly were the same on the third party site and on hyatt.com, which was very clearly not the case) and 1 was ignored altogether.

Since then, I have re-submitted the 3 unsuccessful claims (rates on the 3rd party sites had gone up in the meantime, but were still lower than hyatt.com). One went through and the other two kept getting denied with completely invented reasons (3rd party site is supposedly a membership site, which is complete nonsense - while they automatically create an account for you when you book, based on your e-mail address (and that is stated in their terms), you don't actually need to have an account or to register to book the rates; the 3rd one just keeps getting denied because the rates are supposedly the same, which is CLEARLY not the case.

Again, I suspect that agents are incentivized/encouraged to reject the claims if in ANY way possible, and to make up reasons to do so if necessary. Otherwise, some of them must be incredibly incompetent.

I then contacted my new personal line representative and she offered to process the claims herself. Unfortunately, it took her a week (!) to get back and then the lower 3rd party rates were gone. It's a pity because her predecessor was really good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.