Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 16, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: coleslaw
Update in Hyatt BRG policy (April 2019): If your BRG claim is approved, you can choose either 5,000 World of Hyatt points or an additional 20% off the matched rate for your stay (defined as consecutive nights at the same location). Rates available on websites that require membership which is free of charge, or where membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for BRG claims.

.................................................. ..........

Recent Experiences Using the BRG (2018 and later)

YES
  • Hotels.com - April 2019
  • Booking.com - May 2019

MAYBE
  • Skoosh - April 2019 (initially rejected as "membership site" but approved on appeal)
NO
  • SnapTravel

Update in Hyatt BRG policy (July 2017): if your BRG claim is approved, Hyatt will match the comparable lower rate, but will no longer offer a further 20% discount on the matched lower rate. Instead, after your stay on the BRG approved rate, you will receive a US$50 credit (or equivalent amount in the currency of your country of residence) to use on a future stay (completed within 12 months) booked on a Standard Rate, Advance Purchase Rate or Member Rate on Hyatt.com.

Q. How do I receive the $50 credit?
A. About 3-4 days after your BRG stay, Hyatt will email you a unique rate code to apply for your new reservation. You can either click on the link in the mail to book the reservation or manually enter it into the booking at Hyatt.com.

Q. Can I use the code more than once?
A. No. The code is invalid when it has already been attached to a reservation.

Q. Can I use the code to lower a rate like AAA or Double Points?
A. No. The BRG code books into its own unique rate class and can't be used with any other promotional rates.

Q. What happens if I cancel my reservation with the BRG code applied?
A. The code will can be re-used for another reservation. For this reason, DO NOT DELETE THE EMAIL FROM HYATT UNTIL AFTER YOUR STAY.

Q. What happens if a lower base rate appears available after I book the BRG rate?
A. You can cancel the first reservation (assuming there's no penalty) and then rebook using the code for the lower rate.

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your BRG claim, and it was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Omaha (9805 Q Street), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Nebraska Attorney General's Office (Consumer Protection Division). Note that the online complaint form requires you to fill in a correspondence address in the US (though you can state a preference to receive correspondence by e-mail rather than by post). As reported in Post # 2691, if the AG's Office decides to investigate, it is possible that Hyatt will review your BRG claim again and, in addition, offer points for the inconvenience.

If your BRG claim was processed by the Hyatt Service Desk in Marion (1120 North Carbon Street Suite 70), you can consider filing a consumer complaint (link to online form) with the Illinois Attorney General's Office.

From Post # 12:
Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
If you cant solve your issue (please mind Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Department assists us at 1-800-323-7249) here are some other resources:

Sound Off
  • Contact Consumer Traveler (my pick: Christopher Elliott)
  • Consumer Tools (My3cents.com is a leading source of consumer advice)
  • Post a complaint for public view
  • Consumer Comment Form (please mind: If you file a complaint it becomes property of Consumer Affairs and they are not obliged to remove it if you solve the issue)

Conde Nast's Traveler's "Ombudsman" column features a traveler's complaint column. Send in your complaint to Ombudsman, Conde Nast Traveler, 4 Times Square, New York, NY 10036.

Legal Options
  • File a complaint at you state's attorney general's office
  • Small Claims Court (link provides also a helping hand on how to resolve problem without going to small claims court)
  • Federal Trade Commission (The FTC does not resolve individual consumer complaints.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 4:43 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by peteropny
They do want to discourage the use of the the Diamond Guarantee since the likelihod of the property having to "walk" another guest at their expense is pretty high. In your example, if you invoked the guarantee paying the $655 / night, the HR is likely to have to walk another guest to another property (probably the PH paying the going rate for that property $325ish). This nets them only $325ish for your room/stay. In this example, the city obviously isn't sold out, if it was, the rate they'd have to pay for a walk could be a lot higher.
Presumably the Diamond Guarantee will always cause the hotel to walk a guest. My point was that the DG rate was well above the Hyatt Daily Rate in this case. This makes it more an offer in name only than a real elite benefit.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: QFF SG, Kris Flyer Silver
Which websites have you guys been successful with hyatt's BRG? Is it more to do with the agent on the phone whether it is successful?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by SYD-YYZ
Which websites have you guys been successful with hyatt's BRG? Is it more to do with the agent on the phone whether it is successful?
I think it's more so the rate that you're trying to match, not so much the phone agent. I've always had very nice agents help me with my requests. The key is to compare all the rate details to make sure they're identical. Then (theoretically) you should have no problems.

A few pages back, someone successfully matched a Priceline rate (not the Name Your Own Price). AA.com has been mentioned, along with hoteltravel.com. Pick a few random pages in this thread and see what other sites members have used. If you see one site come up often, then you'll have a nice reference point.

I'd also advise keeping a log of your BRG requests so you'll know which sites have been accepted or rejected. As you go along, you'll start to see that you can count on some sites more than others.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by SYD-YYZ
Hotels.com worked for me for the Andaz WH.. got $30/nite + 20% off the hyatt.com rate.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:15 pm

Just got a BRG approved for the Andaz Wall Street for June 24 for 1 night.
Rate on Hyatt.com for King Room - $425.00
Rate on getaroom.com for King Rm. - $198.39

Claim approved - rate lowered to $158.71
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by robertwcook16
Just got a BRG approved for the Andaz Wall Street for June 24 for 1 night.
Rate on Hyatt.com for King Room - $425.00
Rate on getaroom.com for King Rm. - $198.39

Claim approved - rate lowered to $158.71
^ That is one heck of a reduction. Looking at doing another BRG in a little bit for GH Bali
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:30 pm

Got a match on Innstant.com from 336 to 260 a night for Singapore.

Although I was told on a second room I had that since I used GP points to upgrade that room, they could not BRG. They said that if you use points to upgrade the room, BRG won't apply since then you did not pay the "minimum" rate to qualify to use points to upgrade. I stated I was under the impression that BRG was not part of that rule since it is not a "sale" or "discount" rate but rather a Hyatt guarantee. I guess not. Seems pretty weak to me.

Guess I should be happy I got the first room honored with no issues....which I am.

Last edited by antonius66; Apr 17, 2012 at 2:03 pm
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:21 pm

Had a claim approved today:
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
rate on hyatt.com $229
rate on getaroom.com $76
rate lowered to $62
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dencoflyer
Had a claim approved today:
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
rate on hyatt.com $229
rate on getaroom.com $76
rate lowered to $62
Wow! That's a huge difference
Old Apr 21, 2012, 5:15 pm

Just got a BRG for Maui in Dec. on
hotels. com for $212, Hyatt.com was $ 279, got room for $170/night.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 9:51 am
ttw

Programs: IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Took a bit of time to get approved but got the Grand Hyatt Dubai on a BRG.

Was 122 per night inc tax on Hyatt.com but 95 inc tax per night on otel.com amongst other websites.

Now got 3 nights in a Grand Suite for 228 ($360) as I'm also using a diamond suite upgrade!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:26 pm
Used to be highman123

I just did one for the HR Sacramento in mid-May using aavacations.com. Worked like a charm - very friendly rep.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:41 am

HR Curacao

Hyatt Daily Rate was 169 , Hyatt FREETIME rate ws 189

aa.com was 132.88

Rate was adjusted to 106.30
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I tried to do this for the very first time.

Andaz 5th Ave is showing $518 for a King.

AA.com is showing $428 for a standard room (shows 1 bed in description).

The rep said since the Andaz isn't show any "standard" rates available then I can't book it.

When I look at the Andaz it seems like the Andaz King is their most basic room.

Should I call again and try again?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by bhsu21
I tried to do this for the very first time.

Andaz 5th Ave is showing $518 for a King.

AA.com is showing $428 for a standard room (shows 1 bed in description).

The rep said since the Andaz isn't show any "standard" rates available then I can't book it.

When I look at the Andaz it seems like the Andaz King is their most basic room.

Should I call again and try again?
I had the same issue where a site was showing a "Standard Room" but the hotel does not have a "Standard Room." I was denied and didn't bother with it, although I wasn't given an explanation. I was only told that they didn't see the rate on the site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.