Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Speculation thread: What will June bring???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Speculation thread: What will June bring???

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2009, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by nsx
Hotbed... Is that related to the "Share a bed - get a baby" promotion?
Think Scottsdale.

And I was all prepared to say, "Down boy!" to jumpdogjump.
Old May 27, 2009, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by zacktravel
I am starting to think 06/01 will not be the start of the summer promo. As top tier in MR, SPG, and Hyatt GP, the promo will either have me staying mostly at Starwood this summer, as I have in May, or split the summer with Hyatt. But, if it is like the MR promo where I need to stay 20 nights to get a mere 25K points (one night in Cat 5 with no blackout dates but a lot of capacity controls), then it might be Starwood all the way! I have been wanting to check out the St. Regis in both San Francisco and the one in Monarch Beach
I'm in your shoes when referring to hotel chain status and I will be doing the Megabonus at MR along with the double stay credits first; the SPG nights 2nd for their version of the FFN; and Hyatt third and thats only if I can't find a MR or SPG in the area or in my budget. That is the plan until I hear otherwise from Hyatt to make it worth my while to give up one of the above
Old May 27, 2009, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
I just saw you are a Trojan. Go Bucks! Beat USC on 09/12/2009 in CMH

As far as MR goes, they are falling behind a lot. First they closed the lounges on weekends, now they increased internet access in some places to $14.95/day, and the new "changes" to the program that are supposed to provide an "open calendar" have huge capacity constraints. Good luck booking a room for any kind of "special" event anywhere in the country! I used to be Diamond with Hilton but have not stayed with them for 3 years due to similar issues. Same might happen with MR. I was glad to see HGP eliminate capacity constraints on free nights, same as SPG already had.

As far as a June promo goes, given it was all speculation, who knows, there might not be anything
Old May 27, 2009, 4:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by zacktravel
As far as a June promo goes, given it was all speculation, who knows, there might not be anything
There'd better be something - they told us about it at the LA Andaz Do about a month ago
Old May 27, 2009, 5:00 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by peteropny
There'd better be something - they told us about it at the LA Andaz Do about a month ago
If they don't, let me be the first to say...

I demand compensation!

Old May 27, 2009, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
I want my BIG June promo
Old May 29, 2009, 10:42 pm

What is the likely date for announcing?
Old May 29, 2009, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I don't know. But I think they have all of June. But I don't think it will be before 15 June, when they will have cleared the last stage of The Big Welcome's contest (except maybe the hugs and photos). The lack of any more word on this has me thinking:

1) They were overwhelmed by The Big Welcome contest semi-finals? Hence, a delay.

2) Markie's suspicion may be right -- e.g., that the RAOG may be it? What SanDiego1K reported could be the first step of the rollout to what they meant all along. (It may be that it's actually expensive and very generous from the inside looking out, but from the outside looking in, not the blockbuster anticipated.)

3) They changed their mind? We know they watch this board...

But all their surprises this year have been very much in the positive vein.
Old May 30, 2009, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
I think its obvious from the Andaz event, that they overvalue our opinion and all our sniping about potential devaluation from credit card issue and easy points has made them change their minds.

OK, OK, I was kidding!

Last edited by jumpdogjump; May 31, 2009 at 3:55 pm
Old May 30, 2009, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Firewind
1) They were overwhelmed by The Big Welcome contest semi-finals? Hence, a delay.
this is a joke right????
Old May 31, 2009, 10:18 am
Original Poster

80,000 essays, per Mr. Zidell's email.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 9:45 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - It's now June
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:32 am

Ok - It's now June
And then it will be July and still nothing!

From what I have read here, there was a lot of whining at the Andaz WeHo event about point devaluation. The Hyatt execs might have taken that as "oh, so we don't have to spend any money on Marketing promotions this summer?" and decided to do NOTHING! People worried about point devaluations need to keep their traps shut
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:46 am

I would be surprised if there weren`t a promotion coming up this month. It seems like there is always some kind of a promotion going on.

As I recall there was very little time between the last round of FFN, the 20,000 points promotion, and then the "big welcome" (for which I didn`t even get one free night).

Since the Big Welcome winners have yet to be chosen, past experience tells me that we can expect the next promo to be announced not more than a week or so after big welcome ends.

I hope I am right about this. I find it hard to believe that they would not run a promo to compete with SPG and other programs
Old Jun 1, 2009, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I would be surprised if there weren`t a promotion coming up this month. It seems like there is always some kind of a promotion going on.

As I recall there was very little time between the last round of FFN, the 20,000 points promotion, and then the "big welcome" (for which I didn`t even get one free night).

Since the Big Welcome winners have yet to be chosen, past experience tells me that we can expect the next promo to be announced not more than a week or so after big welcome ends.

I hope I am right about this. I find it hard to believe that they would not run a promo to compete with SPG and other programs
I also got nothing from "Little Welcome"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.