Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Las Vegas REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2009, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I've had 4 stays there this year for FFN and they've all been good. Pretty standard HP. They started to recognize me and call me by name when I arrived--probably due to my Hyatt Hopping during FFN
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:56 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by nissan motor
I had both for me and for my wife five stays in the Las Vegas Hyatt and I must say it was not worth the money.

Our Platinum status was not recognized at all. Each and every stay gave us the smallest possible rooms.

For each and every stay I had customer service to change from Hyatt points (which I was given) to United miles (which I asked the hotel to credit).

One stay did not credit at all!
Just a few thoughts here
It was always my understanding that all Hyatt Place rooms are suites and consistent in size with each other.So I am a little confused about your experience and expectation

Was not aware that there are smaller rooms/suites
I am a GP Diamond member and don't expect anything from a Hyatt Place other then a well positioned room and my Diamond amenity rarely mentioned.Thanksgiving day I was given a VIP room across from the elevator and ice machine once again (at least they are consistent at something) at another Hyatt Place on the East Coast.

My stay too never posted however it happens from time to time with all Hyatts.Stay postings are a bigger problem with Hyatt Place.The good folks at Gold Passport typically get the job done in minutes so no big deal in my book.

I will never return to the Las Vegas location simply because the hotel has unacceptable sound proofing next to the airport.
I would consider returning when I lose my hearing or a good soundproofing takes place at the property.Something tells me my hearing will go first
Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:24 am
Suspended

Does anyone have the email address from Hyatt Las Vegas?

They charged my credit card with some strange amounts which I did not sign for
Old Dec 31, 2009, 8:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound

I will never return to the Las Vegas location simply because the hotel has unacceptable sound proofing next to the airport.
I would consider returning when I lose my hearing or a good soundproofing takes place at the property.Something tells me my hearing will go first

I must be older than I thought as had a great nights sleep there and heard nothing from LAS.

Airport shuttle was quick and with us in a few minutes from phoning, front desk staff very efficient and my Diamond (current!) status was mentioned and my Diamond amenity points posted (only one from 6 Hyatt stays in a row). Didn't have bf as had 6AM flight but used the PP lounge at the airport instead.

Not great location in terms of walking to restaurants, etc. We ended up in a nearby Japanese restaurant which served average but expensive food
Old Jan 2, 2010, 1:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I must be older than I thought as had a great nights sleep there and heard nothing from LAS.

Airport shuttle was quick and with us in a few minutes from phoning, front desk staff very efficient and my Diamond (current!) status was mentioned and my Diamond amenity points posted (only one from 6 Hyatt stays in a row). Didn't have bf as had 6AM flight but used the PP lounge at the airport instead.

Not great location in terms of walking to restaurants, etc. We ended up in a nearby Japanese restaurant which served average but expensive food
In twenty plus years of frequent travel this was the most noisy hotel ever experienced in any country.Shocking actually.Mind you I requested a quiet room
I thought planes were going to crash into the roof.The building shook all through the night at random times.I thought this might be due to some miltary and the typical regular commercial flights that were going on at the time however friends stayed there and reported similar noise concerns.
Regretfully it is off my list completly now as an acceptable choice.I was satisfied enough in all other regards.Two failed stays on noise have me convinced it is not a choice for this traveler.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 1:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
In twenty plus years of frequent travel this was the most noisy hotel ever experienced in any country.Shocking actually.Mind you I requested a quiet room
I thought planes were going to crash into the roof.The building shook all through the night at random times.I thought this might be due to some miltary and the typical regular commercial flights that were going on at the time however friends stayed there and reported similar noise concerns.
Regretfully it is off my list completly now as an acceptable choice.I was satisfied enough in all other regards.Two failed stays on noise have me convinced it is not a choice for this traveler.

You are absolutely right, that hotel is a catastrophe and it is all night long loud there because of its proximity to the airport. No option for me either but for a mattress run (with check-in only and sleeping at another hotel)
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I think the wind direction causes the airport to change the departure runway, from takeoffs in a westerly direction to takeoffs in a northern direction, and hence directly over the Hyatt Place (and also the nearby Hard Rock Hotel).

With the large number of evening / red-eye flights, I agree that this area is a poor choice for those sensitive to noise when trying to sleep.

(BTW, the same caution applies to people staying at the CY and RI hotels in the Green Valley area - they are located directly under the main approach to the arrival runway).
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:23 pm

We stayed here Sat night using an award and the place was sold out. At check-in they tried to give me two double beds until I said great I can use 2500 extra points. It took no time at all to find me a handicapped king room after that comment and a 2pm late check out. This hotel has a great location not far from the Strip. The hotel Van will drop you at Planet Hollywood until 11 pm. We took a cab back from Caesars palace and it was less the $10 before tip. I didn't hear any airplanes, but it could depend on how much you have to drink. I would stay here again in a heart beat with the 2pm late check out and location.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bbbb
At check-in they tried to give me two double beds until I said great I can use 2500 extra points. It took no time at all to find me a handicapped king room after that comment and a 2pm late check out.
Love that approach !
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:39 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by bbbb
We stayed here Sat night using an award and the place was sold out. At check-in they tried to give me two double beds until I said great I can use 2500 extra points. It took no time at all to find me a handicapped king room after that comment and a 2pm late check out. This hotel has a great location not far from the Strip. The hotel Van will drop you at Planet Hollywood until 11 pm. We took a cab back from Caesars palace and it was less the $10 before tip. I didn't hear any airplanes, but it could depend on how much you have to drink. I would stay here again in a heart beat with the 2pm late check out and location.
Was also there Saturday! My flight came in around 11A and I ended up at the front desk around 12:30. They didn't have any rooms ready yet so I hung out in the lobby on my laptop for an hour or so for my room.

I found it to be a pretty decent location as well, I actually walked to the In-N-Out on the other side of UNLV for some Double Double goodness. My only beef was that they use the motion-sensing thermostats which shut off the A/C while you're not there. I tried every trick in the book to bypass it but ended up coming back to a hot stuffy room at the end of the day which took nearly an hour to cool off.

Points posted today including 500 point welcome amenity and a surprise extra 1000 points (I thought the G bonus was Sun-Thu only?).
Old Apr 20, 2010, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Love that approach !
Wait WHAT? I thought this only worked at Hyatt Resorts? And not at Hyatt Place/Summerfield suites?

I also stayed here over the weekend and did not receive a King bed (got two doubles instead)...
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hamboarder
Wait WHAT? I thought this only worked at Hyatt Resorts? And not at Hyatt Place/Summerfield suites?

I also stayed here over the weekend and did not receive a King bed (got two doubles instead)...
I dont know if it necessarily works but I use that way as well. Just mentioning in a dry way that you prefer your compensation points anyway. Then usually the clerk looks at you with big eyes "What compensation points?" and after a brief explanation I always got what I requested and sometimes even more.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:33 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hamboarder
You were partially right... the Bed Type Guarantee is still in force at HP/SS, but with less compensation. The GP T&C's:

Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum and Diamond members will be guaranteed the bed type (i.e., king, queen, double, etc.) for the room type selected at the time of reservation. The bed type guarantee is available at participating Hyatt properties worldwide. Not valid at Hyatt Vacation Club Resorts. If the hotel is unable to honor the bed type at check-in, members will receive 5,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts and 2,500 bonus points at Hyatt Place and Hyatt Summerfield Suites per stay.
Then there's a bunch of text that make the guarantee reasonable: must be booked in advance, on hyatt.com, doesn't apply to upgraded rooms, etc. Unfortunately, if you've checked out, the window has passed to request compensation:

If a member believes that compensation is due with respect to the bed type guarantee, he/she must request payment of the compensation while still a guest at the hotel, prior to checking out. Failure to request such payment prior to checkout will result in a complete waiver of any right to receive such compensation.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 1:51 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by baliktad
Unfortunately, if you've checked out, the window has passed to request compensation:
This is not true. Give Gold Passport Customer Service a call and they'll be happy to apply the bed type guarantee to your reservation.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
This is not true. Give Gold Passport Customer Service a call and they'll be happy to apply the bed type guarantee to your reservation.
Which, with all respect, is probably more a goodwill than actual pursuit of the above named guarantee. A hotel often states "this or that" is not available to bs the customer around. As I said I never had an issue anymore after I claimed the respective compensation points when it comes to things like Bed Type. But before claiming a steep compensation the hotel must have the chance to correct that deficit. Of course when a Grand Club is closed then they cant open it just for me and I'm not the only one getting the 2.500 points. To be honest I find 2500 Points for a closed Club not enough and 5000 Points for a wrong Bed Type a bit too much. Except you are travelling with a companion that you cant really share your bed with, in that case the hotel should offer an extra room. Or upgrade to a suite if the only standard room they have is a twin an you reserved a King when travelling with wife/gf etc. I would make a big stink in both of these cases.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.