Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:02 pm

Any recent reports?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Any recent reports?
What sort of recent reports are you looking for?

My fam of 6 adults stayed last Aug for two nights. One room was upgraded to a suite, the other two were upgraded to Club rooms with club access. There was a small welcome amenity of some snacks and fruit in all three rooms. Overall, rooms were lovely. My main complaint (probably should have complained about it while I was there, but I was pretty sick at that point) is the hot water wasn't quite hot enough for me.

The club lounge was nice, albeit a bit crowded. Club staff were attentive, and there was a decent selection of food.

The occupancy was actually quite high when I was there, but it didn't feel that crowded (except for the club lounge). The property is lovely with several pools. The club pool is basically empty. Beach was also nice. The grounds do get very dark at night, so bring a flashlight if you leave the room in the evening.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:05 am

What's the difference between the Regency Suite and the One Bedroom residences?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

What's the difference between the Regency Suite and the One Bedroom residences?
I am under the impression that they have some sort of time share property on site as well, so the residences are located in that general area. The Regency Suite more in the central compound of the hotel, and attached to other regular guest rooms. I was given the Regency Suite that was just across from the club lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by solewalker
I am under the impression that they have some sort of time share property on site as well, so the residences are located in that general area. The Regency Suite more in the central compound of the hotel, and attached to other regular guest rooms. I was given the Regency Suite that was just across from the club lounge.
ah, the residences are in the high(er) rise apartments?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ah, the residences are in the high(er) rise apartments?
Yes. It is the taller building in the back of main building. I think main building has been atmosphere and more convenient.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:02 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Hi all!

Thinking of staying here during Easter with family - 2 young kids and nanny. Looking at either the 3 bedroom villas or the 3 bedroom ocean view residence.. Which one would be the better choice? Anyone seen both room types? Villa seems nice with own private pool, but the description of the 3rd bedroom being outside the villa seems weird.. Can't find any pictures of it.. Also is the private pool really needed since there are so many pools within the hotel already plus the beach.. The villas are 30% more expensive than the residence.. So not sure if it's worth the extra money..
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by tfung
Hi all!

Thinking of staying here during Easter with family - 2 young kids and nanny. Looking at either the 3 bedroom villas or the 3 bedroom ocean view residence.. Which one would be the better choice? Anyone seen both room types? Villa seems nice with own private pool, but the description of the 3rd bedroom being outside the villa seems weird.. Can't find any pictures of it.. Also is the private pool really needed since there are so many pools within the hotel already plus the beach.. The villas are 30% more expensive than the residence.. So not sure if it's worth the extra money..
We were in a normal room around Easter last year, and the Regency club really got packed. No experience with Villas or such.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:03 pm

Hi all!

If it is what I think it is, the residence is in the tower and the villas are stand alone? If that's the case go for the villas, they're nicer. I could be getting the buildings mixed up though.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by phant0m
If it is what I think it is, the residence is in the tower and the villas are stand alone? If that's the case go for the villas, they're nicer. I could be getting the buildings mixed up though.
Yes, that seems to be the case... Thanks for the advice!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:22 pm

If you have not booked a Club room and have no meaningful Hyatt status, what would be the surcharge for getting Club lounge access?
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:55 am

We ended up booking the 3 bedroom villa oceanfront one.. It was only like $50 more than the normal 3 bedroom villas....

I personally thought it was a better choice than the other villas.. It's the most private one and also seems to be maintained the best... The regular villas were exactly the same, but some were quite close to the others, so I think everyone can easily look in if your shades weren't closed...The weird thing about the villas was that one of the rooms was like a separate building outside the main villa... sort of like a pool house... It was nice and private and great for a teenager or a friend.. but a bit weird since you had to go out of the villa to get to it...

The residences looked ok as well, but I didn't see any of them in person...Some residence buildings were further away from the beach than others.. I'm not sure how they assign the rooms and buildings... I think if on a budget, then the 3 bedroom residences will be equally as good as the villas minus the private pool..

Don't know what the surcharge is for the Club access if you have no status... but the resort and restaurants got quite busy especially during the holiday periods with tons of family and kids..... the lounge and club pool is really a great place to get away from the noise and people... they served a huge assortment of snacks and food during cocktail hour.. you can pretty much skip dinner and just eat from there if you wanted to... The staff at the lounge were also wonderful and very helpful... They pretty much ran their own reception/concierge, etc themselves and everyone remembers all the guests by name, etc..
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
We stayed in the 3 bedroom oceanview residence last year and really enjoyed it. We were on the top floor (I guess considered penthouse level) and the ceilings were very high creating a nice open space. The bedrooms were decently sized but it was really about the ocean view and large common space.
The residences are relatively far, but we didn't mind the walk since it made us explore a bit. You can also call for a buggy.

TBH, if you have kids, you'll be in the main pool with the slide. Otherwise if you really want privacy, certainly the villas with pools make sense.

Btw, we got a 2 category upgrade with no status and on a points stay so we were really pleased (I did email requesting an upgrade).
Old Sep 2, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
]
The residences looked ok as well, but I didn't see any of them in person...Some residence buildings were further away from the beach than others.. I'm not sure how they assign the rooms and buildings... I think if on a budget, then the 3 bedroom residences will be equally as good as the villas minus the private pool..
Yep some of the residences are a bit further back. We never went to the beach though, the currents seemed rough and the sun in Danang us pretty unforgiving. You'll likely be staying at your pool or main hotel pool. I also forgot to add there is an adorable child's beach at the side of the main pool. They have a small shallow area and many people bring their own beach toys there. It's a nice resort for kids.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:41 pm

Will be visiting next week - has there been more development around the hotel, or is it still pretty isolated? Wondering if we can walk around nearby or if best bet is still to go to Hoi An and other further away destinations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.