Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Danang (Vietnam) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by madderlake
Was glad I read this thread first before going so I was prepared for how crowded it would be - literally people everywhere like another poster said!
We just completed two nights here (before moving on to the IC today), and that wasn't our experience. In fact, we were surprised by how empty it was. Maybe 20% of pool loungers were taken most of the day, and around 4pm on Thursday, all beach loungers were empty. Lots of empty tables in the club lounge, and the beach restaurant had only half a dozen tables taken when we were there for lunch at 1.30pm on Wednesday. Maybe we were just lucky to be there midweek (and at the end of their busy Jul/Aug season), but it didn't feel crowded at all.

upon arrival they offered us the 2 bedroom residence as an upgrade
It's great to hear that the hotel so consistently goes above-and-beyond with upgrades. We got an executive suite again (one level above the DSU suite), this time as "free" upgrade without using a DSU. These suites are huge and pretty nicely appointed, and I think the one we had this time, F318, is probably the best located -- close to the club, right by the water, with a great view overlooking the beach.
Aventine and clublevel15 like this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

It's because back to school for Asia (Japan, Korea, China) and the end of the vacation periods too. Agree about 318. The best suite out there.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:03 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Pretty sure that was our suite, too. The duty manager was holding two suites for us but said this one had the best view.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The suite I don't like is the one on the third floor up a flight of stairs.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
How much was the upcharge?
The upcharge was about $850/night for the 3 bedroom ocean front villa. We had been considering moving to the FS Hoi An so this was a relative bargain compared to just stay put for 5 nights at this rate....

Again, not worth it for everyone by a long shot. But for us it was and I'd go back and do it again in a heartbeat!
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:27 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
The upcharge was about $850/night for the 3 bedroom ocean front villa.
I see prices of $940++/night for this villa and in my opinion is the upcharge of $850 ways too high.

Has someone the experience if a club upgrade for cash is offered at the checkin/per email? Coz unfortunatly I'm runnin out of points/status
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Danang upgrades?

I’ve got a reservation here for April. Are they upgrading Explorists with lounge access, or do you need to use an Club Access award?
Old May 4, 2018, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We stayed for a week here using a club upgrade in early April. The hotel was pretty full, as a lot of HKG folk were there on Easter or such holiday.

Excellent service from the lady servers in the lounge, especially Thao (Little Sister was her nickname). Super helpful, and very friendly to the whole family. It did get pretty crowded, with all tables filling up by 6:30pm a couple of nights. A nice variety of items at breakfast, with a nice Pho soup, usually. Egg options, including eggs Benedict, waffles and pancakes are orderable from the table.

Eveningtime club had good options with one hot item that could be ordered each night in addition to the buffet items. The first night I missed chicken Satays, since I was tired from the flight. Pork ribs were repeated twice. Fish skewers were average, calimari was quite good.

We did run into a bit of other occupants noise for a couple of nights. It was also quite windy a couple of nights, with howling winds. A manager in the lounge asked about my stay and I mentioned the noise, and we heard no more. I think most of the holidaygoers were leaving, though.

We took Grab to and from the airport. Very quick, and about 160k VND. We weren’t getting a data connection with the cell/data card we bought at the airport, and Hyatt employee David stationed there was very helpful in booking it for us.

The Camp Hyatt is a bit different from other kids clubs I’ve seen in SE Asia. They have 2-3 free activites per day that last 30-45 minutes. Other times you just pay the hourly rate, which is a bit over $5.50 an hour including service charge. They do have a lot of different things to do and the staff were attentive and caring.

Room service had affordable choices in the $8-14 range for most things. They had kids menu too,which was great. We only ate at the Italian restaurant, Green House, a couple of times. We quite enjoyed it for pasta and the sausage pizza. Most items in the same price range as room service.

The shuttlebus to Hoi An is 160K VND per person, per way. One time we booked, and the bus left early. They did put us in a taxi at no extra charge.

The room cleaners here are fast and efficient. I don’t know if I’ve seen faster or better service!

While the hotel was a bit more expensive than I’m used to in SE Asia (Just below $200 per night with tax and service), it was a good stay.
Old May 4, 2018, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I was there roughly at the same time.

Eggs Benedict were awful IMO, FWIW. But it was nice to be able to order eggs without whatever that poor attempt at hollandaise sauce was. Breakfast was definitely better than evening though. As mentioned, you are brought one small hot plate but otherwise must make do with salads, etc.

Staff are excellent though. Amusingly, if you drink the white or sparkling wine, they will come and refill for you. If you drink the red, they won't because they don't know which one you're drinking.

They also did a nice job of grouping the families in one end of the lounge, with adults-only at the other end.

I'm not sure if I'd return. It's not terribly difficult to find a similar standard hotel elsewhere in Southeast Asia for substantially less than the $200 / Category 3 pricing this hotel manages (presumably due to proximity to HKG).
Old May 4, 2018, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
.....We took Grab to and from the airport. Very quick, and about 160k VND. We weren’t getting a data connection with the cell/data card we bought at the airport, and Hyatt employee David stationed there was very helpful in booking it for us.....
What is the normal duty for Hyatt employee stationed at DAD?
Old May 5, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK
What is the normal duty for Hyatt employee stationed at DAD?
Getting you to the prebooked car service to the hotel.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Hotel car service from/to Danang Airport?

Has anyone used the hotel car service from and to Danang Airport to the Hyatt Regency Danang?

How much does it cost? What kind of car do they use? Is it worth it?
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:50 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sapguy
Has anyone used the hotel car service from and to Danang Airport to the Hyatt Regency Danang?

How much does it cost? What kind of car do they use? Is it worth it?
We used the hotel car to DAD. I think it was a Q7. Prices here https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/vi...transportation
Old Aug 29, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by m0hamed
We used the hotel car to DAD. I think it was a Q7. Prices here https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/vi...transportation
I think they gave us an A8 or 6 our last stay. Worth paying for vs. Haggling a taxi or other car services with Camrys, etc.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Haven't been in a few years but my stay was pleasant. Club lounge was great, room excellent and ground decent. Any more recent experiences? Also, anyone use Guest of Honor for someone else? Did they get full Globalist benefits ( club lounge access, upgrade, etc?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.