Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Planning April trip, family of 3 (2 adults, 1 16 yo) using points. will they allow 3 in 1 room? I have booked a twin room (2 beds).
When you book at Hyatt.com and list the child as 16 years old you should see this message:
Please Note: Guests at this location are considered children between the ages of 0 to 12. Any guest 13 years of age or older will be considered an adult and will be subject to adult pricing.

So if you adjust the reservation to 3 adults, the price will go up by $100 for the twin room. So yes, they will allow 3 in the room but they will charge you an extra $100 for it
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:12 am

3 in room

Can book king and there is room for rollaway
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Use a DSU or 6,000 points a night and get a suite. There is a comfortable sofabed in the living room portion. Much better than cramming 3 people into a standard room.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by price123
If planned changes to the hotel go ahead, that is the aim.
Thanks everyone for thier input. I forgot to mention I was using points. With one of the few bright spot of WOH, I plan to use a DSU for this stay as soon as it is posted to my account next week.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Thanks everyone for thier input. I forgot to mention I was using points. With one of the few bright spot of WOH, I plan to use a DSU for this stay as soon as it is posted to my account next week.
Unless I've missed something, you can't use a DSU on a points stay.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Unless I've missed something, you can't use a DSU on a points stay.
You can as a Globalist under WOH.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
[QUOTE;27926291]You can as a Globalist under WOH.[/QUOTE]

You can use on Points and Cash if thats available and a DSU I did in Sept , even though it was just me the suite was really nice and spacious with large bathroom and balcony. The sofa bed in living room looked like it could sleep 2
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:49 pm

WOH T&C: "Treat yourself to 4 suite upgrade awards at the time of reservation at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts (valid for one year from issuance when paying an eligible rate or when redeeming points for a free night award)"

Based on T&C, the question now is, starting 3/1/17, can DSU be used on C&P?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by thucanhho
C&P is considered an Eligible Rate, so yes.

An “Eligible Rate” is defined as any hotel or resort room rate published by Hyatt (including rates found on hyatt.com without the application of a discount code, and Hyatt’s “Standard Rate,” “Volume Account Rates,” “Senior Citizen Rate,” and the monetary portion of any Points + Cash Award (as defined in Appendix B)). A portion of an Eligible Rate may reflect taxes, service charges, gratuities, and third-party charges for certain included items, and those costs may not be eligible for points. “Ineligible Rates” are all rates other than Eligible Rates and include Free Night Awards ...
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thucanhho
WOH T&C: "Treat yourself to 4 suite upgrade awards at the time of reservation at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts (valid for one year from issuance when paying an eligible rate or when redeeming points for a free night award)"

You could use DSU on Points + Cash under Gold Passport (and that will continue to be the case under WoH). What's new is ability to use DSUs on Points awards
Old Feb 18, 2017, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by serfty
THANKS!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
I'm trying to book a points stay for 4 nights in July, Club Level, and this pops up on Hyatt.com:

"Rates are inclusive of 20% Value Added Tax (VAT).
Please Note: Guests at this location are considered children between the ages of 0 to 12. Any guest 13 years of age or older will be considered an adult and will be subject to adult pricing."

Does this mean that when paying with points, I'll be charged 20% of what I would normally be charged if I paid with cash, in addition to the points?

I guess I'm wondering if, at this property, what I should be expecting to pay over and above the points I'm using for the booking. Thanks for the help!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Preacher7
I'm trying to book a points stay for 4 nights in July, Club Level, and this pops up on Hyatt.com:

"Rates are inclusive of 20% Value Added Tax (VAT).
Please Note: Guests at this location are considered children between the ages of 0 to 12. Any guest 13 years of age or older will be considered an adult and will be subject to adult pricing."

Does this mean that when paying with points, I'll be charged 20% of what I would normally be charged if I paid with cash, in addition to the points?

I guess I'm wondering if, at this property, what I should be expecting to pay over and above the points I'm using for the booking. Thanks for the help!
You never have to pay taxes such as VAT on an all-points stay. Some cities such as Paris charge a tourist tax that guests are required to pay even on free stays, but at least at present London does not.

Last edited by OsakaWino; Feb 22, 2017 at 9:34 pm
Old Feb 22, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Wow, that's a relief! Thanks so much for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.