Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency London the Churchill REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Be sure to say you want 9th floor facing Portman Square.
^^^^
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Thank You so much for your helpful post/ asssitance.
I too wish to stay in the Trafalgar Square ,Covent Garden area but after the raves on the Hyatt there I am thinking of going with Hyatt and rebooking my whole stay there....... I used to stay at 47 Park when Westin managed it (Now Marriott)years ago so I do know Oxford Street.
Is the bus cool enough during the summer or is it a people steamer ?

What is the best way besides a limo to get to the Hyatt from Heaththrow?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 10:27 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by edgewood49
If you are price sensitive (or want a very cheap way to LHR), and don't mind it taking a bit of time, the Piccadilly line goes right to LHR.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by edgewood49
We have been staying there for years and have tried several different means of getting there from LHR. We have found the fastest means is using the Heathrow Express train from LHR nonstop to Paddington station and then a taxi to the hotel. The HEX takes 15 minutes to Paddington and the taxi is about 10 minutes and about GBP 12 to the hotel. It runs every 15 minutes. Getting a taxi at Paddington is very simple as there is a taxi stand that has a dispatcher. When you get off the HEX turn left as you enter the station and follow the signs- maybe a 3 minute walk. There are reduced fares on the HEX if you buy a roundtrip ahead of time and there is a "DuoSaver" that saves even more if two of you are traveling. Check their website. Discount tickets have to be bought in advance, but you don't have to specify a departure time. The suggestion to use the Picadilly tube line is good if you have only carry on luggage. The HEX is geared towards those with luggage and has lots of room and the seats are very comfortable. The Picadilly line is part of the London Underground and is a mass transit system similar to the NYC subway. It also involves stairs whereas the HEX does not. Using other means such as Uber or a taxi or limo can result in delays as highways from LHR into the city can get very congested at times.
beachfan likes this.

Last edited by JIMCHI; Nov 22, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
We have been staying there for years and have tried several different means of getting there from LHR. We have found the fastest means is using the Heathrow Express train from LHR nonstop to Paddington station and then a taxi to the hotel. The HEX takes 15 minutes to Paddington and the taxi is about 10 minutes and about GBP 12 to the hotel. It runs every 15 minutes. Getting a taxi at Paddington is very simple as there is a taxi stand that has a dispatcher. When you get off the HEX turn left as you enter the station and follow the signs- maybe a 3 minute walk. There are reduced fares on the HEX if you buy a roundtrip ahead of time and there is a "DuoSaver" that saves even more if two of you are traveling. Check their website. Discount tickets have to be bought in advance, but you don't have to specify a departure time. The suggestion to use the Picadilly tube line is good if you have only carry on luggage. The HEX is geared towards those with luggage and has lots of room and the seats are very comfortable. The Picadilly line is part of the London Underground and is a mass transit system similar to the NYC subway. It also involves stairs whereas the HEX does not. Using other means such as Uber or a taxi or limo can result in delays as highways from LHR into the city can get very congested at times.
I did this a few days ago from LHR to Paddington.
A surprise was that they had a promo for only 15GBP instead of the normal 22. They said that business was slow during this season and they were offering a discount.
If you are a Star Alliance Gold, you can also sit in the Business/First section for free as long as you can show them your airline card (digital works) so they can verify that.
The taxi I took was 11 GBP from Paddington to the Churchill. Very easy.
If anyone is staying here now, say hi!
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I did this a few days ago from LHR to Paddington.
A surprise was that they had a promo for only 15GBP instead of the normal 22. They said that business was slow during this season and they were offering a discount.
If you are a Star Alliance Gold, you can also sit in the Business/First section for free as long as you can show them your airline card (digital works) so they can verify that.
The taxi I took was 11 GBP from Paddington to the Churchill. Very easy.
If anyone is staying here now, say hi!
Blacklane is 64 pounds door to door from LHR to the Churchill, so between 22 and 11 for the taxi, you can add 30 pounds more and save yourself the trouble of taking the train to a taxi. With two or more people, it is a no brainer. Blacklane has lots of discounts as well. I stopped taking the HEX three years ago when i discovered Blacklane.

On another note, it seems like the Churchill has added a suite category of regency suite balcony - so now it is very hard to use a tier suite upgrade at the hotel.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
At hotel now. Took Uber Exec yesterday which is mostly Mercedes Benz E class and we paid £61 from LHR T3 to the hotel. I think Uber X was around £45. Have not taken the train before but based on what people say, for 2 people, we feel this is the best way for us to get around with luggage. Did online check in but the room was not ready until 2:30 which was fine for us. Used a TSU and received similar 9th floor balcony suite as we had on our last stay. Comfortable bed and good location so we are hoping for a good trip again! Let me know if you have any questions before I leave on Tuesday.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:14 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Thanks for info. Yes, for two people, the Uber option (compared to train and taxi) is faster, more convenient, and approximately the same price. Thanks for sharing that info: I'll use that option next time.

The eternal question: are both clubs open (on 8th floor)?
Originally Posted by ronbo83
At hotel now. Took Uber Exec yesterday which is mostly Mercedes Benz E class and we paid £61 from LHR T3 to the hotel. I think Uber X was around £45. Have not taken the train before but based on what people say, for 2 people, we feel this is the best way for us to get around with luggage. Did online check in but the room was not ready until 2:30 which was fine for us. Used a TSU and received similar 9th floor balcony suite as we had on our last stay. Comfortable bed and good location so we are hoping for a good trip again! Let me know if you have any questions before I leave on Tuesday.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Thanks for info. Yes, for two people, the Uber option (compared to train and taxi) is faster, more convenient, and approximately the same price. Thanks for sharing that info: I'll use that option next time.

The eternal question: are both clubs open (on 8th floor)?
Yes they are. I didn’t know that was an issue at this hotel. Different snack selection in each so that is nice to bounce back and forth.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
Return visit to London and this hotel in July. Uber wasn't in existence last time we went so I have a question about it. We regularly use Uber here in the US and I am adept at using the app. But does London have its own app? Same question for the rest of Europe. Or do I just use the US app already on my phone. Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by ronbo83

Yes they are. I didn’t know that was an issue at this hotel. Different snack selection in each so that is nice to bounce back and forth.
highly doubtful that both lounges would be closed unless the hotel is vastly vacant, those lounges are well used and one of the best I might add
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by joey965
Return visit to London and this hotel in July. Uber wasn't in existence last time we went so I have a question about it. We regularly use Uber here in the US and I am adept at using the app. But does London have its own app? Same question for the rest of Europe. Or do I just use the US app already on my phone. Thanks
​​​​​​
Joey965: Same app!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:21 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by joey965
Same app worldwide. A quick note: It's not all that easy to find the Uber pickup area at LHR for the first time. Signs are sparse. It's as if they want you to use expensive transportation instead of Uber. Go figure. Anyway, best bet is to head off in that general direction, then ASK someone where it is.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Thanks for info. Yes, for two people, the Uber option (compared to train and taxi) is faster, more convenient, and approximately the same price.
Uber may be more convenient and around the same price. But depending on when you are travelling, i will argue that the HEX/taxi combo is often faster and at a minimum more predictable. We travel with manageable wheeled luggage and have never found the HEX to taxi option so much less convenient that it's worth risking traffic on the M4 and the outskirts of central london.

Great hotel in a great location. Enjoy!
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:57 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never go to the taxi rank at Paddington. It is far more efficient to walk up the exit slope to Praed street and get a taxi there, there always are a few. The walk is the same length or shorter than to the taxi rank, there is never any queue, and the ride to the Hyatt is quicker and cheaper -- between 5 and 8 pounds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.