Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hakone, Japan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Hakone, Japan REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by r0m8470
On the rooms with balcony/sun room, is there a provision to close it off? Closed off meaning there are some kind of sliding panels or covers that can be used to close the area from the elements? Asking since on upcoming stays, there are a few spots where I have to run calls on US PST - perks/cursed of hybrid work. If not, I guess I will just go to the lobby in the middle of the night to do it.

Thank you in advance!
Looking back on my old photos, yes there are. There are panels to close off the room from the outside, and additional panels between the sunroom and bedroom.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mayday23
How long and how expensive is the transportation here from Tokyo? We'll be staying at PH Tokyo in July and trying to decide between here and Speedway.
Google Maps is going to be fairly accurate in time and price.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by mayday23
How long and how expensive is the transportation here from Tokyo? We'll be staying at PH Tokyo in July and trying to decide between here and Speedway.
I used Romancecar/Odakyu when I went there from PHT/Shinjyuku station. It says 2420 yen and 80 mins to Hakone Yumoto. Then I took Hakone Tozan Cable Car to Gora then called the hotel to pick me up. (I think you can also take a bus from Hakone Yumoto.) Can’t remember how much I paid for the cable car ride.

You can just take Shinkansen from Tokyo or Shinagawa station to Odawara then take their shuttle? It takes like 30 mins from Tokyo/Shinagawa to Odawara by the bullet train and another 40 mins to the hotel by the shuttle. Google says Tokyo-Odawara is ¥3,610, but you might want to get the Japan Rail Pass if you travel more.

You can find some information on HR Hakone page here.
mayday23 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by tearex
Looking back on my old photos, yes there are. There are panels to close off the room from the outside, and additional panels between the sunroom and bedroom.
Thank you. It does have the enclosed balcony - very nice. We just concluded 4 nights stay there.

We got picked up at Odawara station and rode their shuttle back to Odawara at end of our stay. They have in town shuttle as well for local destinations (Gora, Sounzan, Open Air Museum), We stayed at the Twin/King suite room, with ginormous living room and a separate study nook - very pleasant stay overall.
tearex and Aventine like this.
Old Nov 19, 2022, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thank you. It does have the enclosed balcony - very nice. We just concluded 4 nights stay there.

We got picked up at Odawara station and rode their shuttle back to Odawara at end of our stay. They have in town shuttle as well for local destinations (Gora, Sounzan, Open Air Museum), We stayed at the Twin/King suite room, with ginormous living room and a separate study nook - very pleasant stay overall.
Any movement on the abandoned hotel across the street from it? Long ago someone at HR Hakone told me they were looking into that space, but then nothing happened for years afterward, and it still sat there as of my last visit a year and half ago.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Any movement on the abandoned hotel across the street from it? Long ago someone at HR Hakone told me they were looking into that space, but then nothing happened for years afterward, and it still sat there as of my last visit a year and half ago.
I was not paying too much attention on it. The building that you asked - I think - is right across from our enclosed balcony but there seems to be no activities there. Hyatt - indeed was quite busy during our visit. We could only get space for the restaurant on the 3rd night that we were there. On both, our way in, and our way out - we shared hotel shuttle with at least 2 other families.

Last edited by r0m8470; Nov 28, 2022 at 1:32 pm
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:16 pm

On both, our way in, and our way out - we shared hotel shuttle with at least 2 other families.
May I ask aprox how old the kids looked in the family? Under 7?

I’ve reached out to the hotel via email but haven’t heard back, has anyone been recently and seen young kids using the shuttle? Planning a trip with my 3 year old but their website says no kids under 7 for shuttle. We didn’t have any issues taking buses and taxis without a carseat when we were there in Nov so I wonder if shuttles have a different rule for children? Wondering if I will need to plan alternative transport to get to hotel. Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 28, 2022, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The wording on the website in English and Japanese is pretty unambiguous.

I'd contact the hotel in advance and ask what your options are. It would be quite strange that the property is more accommodating to dogs than people.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 11:26 pm

Thank you for replying hailstorm! I'll try another email address I found online for the hotel and hope to receive a reply. (And I did see that the amenities they provide dogs are pretty spectacular, what a lucky pooch to be able to stay there!)
Old Dec 29, 2022, 12:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
No kids on our shuttle. That's a strange rule, but yeah, I could see it being because the seatbelts the shuttle has are all high over-the-shoulder types. And speaking as someone that doesn't normally get car sick, there's some off-chance the restriction is due to kids getting car sick? It's a pretty windy road and takes a good amount of time. Maybe they had a lot of younger kids throwing up?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 1:11 pm

Thanks Lomic for sharing your experience! Good to know about the roads! Maybe I'll just take public transportation and taxi and then ask the hotel about it when I get there
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelbugging
Thanks Lomic for sharing your experience! Good to know about the roads! Maybe I'll just take public transportation and taxi and then ask the hotel about it when I get there
The train from Odawara is a nice experience, at least once. Should be a fairly cheap taxi ride from Gora. On a nice day it's certainly walkable, especially if you take the cable car further up, but I certainly wouldn't try it on my first visit.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Yeah, it's super easy to take the Tozan Railway from Odawara to Gora. From Gora you immediately get on the Tozan Cable Car, which is literally right next to the Tozan Railway exit gate at Gora. Ride the Cable Car to the 4th stop and get out on the right side. HR Hakone is a ~5 minute slightly downhill walk from there. It's super easy, but if you have too many bags you can either call the hotel and they'll pick you up at Gora station, or a taxi is around 1200 yen.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wouldn't attempt the cable car with bags, and especially not with bags and a three year old. Best to take the taxi from Gora getting there the first time, and then you can attempt the cable car when returning from day travels if you like.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by Lomic
Yeah, it's super easy to take the Tozan Railway from Odawara to Gora. From Gora you immediately get on the Tozan Cable Car, which is literally right next to the Tozan Railway exit gate at Gora. Ride the Cable Car to the 4th stop and get out on the right side. HR Hakone is a ~5 minute slightly downhill walk from there. It's super easy, but if you have too many bags you can either call the hotel and they'll pick you up at Gora station, or a taxi is around 1200 yen.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I wouldn't attempt the cable car with bags, and especially not with bags and a three year old. Best to take the taxi from Gora getting there the first time, and then you can attempt the cable car when returning from day travels if you like.
Thank you again to the both of you for the information on how to get to the hotel! I will definitely utilize the cable car during the stay. My daughter will enjoy that!

Hotel finally got back to me (after a week) and confirmed no children under 7 on shuttle bus from Odawara but can pickup at Gora station so will do that on check-in/check-out.
hailstorm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.