Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I just spent 3 nights here last week. My first ever BRG (never knew how to do BRG with any hotel chain) for first 2 nights at $94 (Hotels.com). Got 5000 points after check out.

Parking garage gates were up from Saturday through Tuesday morning, so I did not pay for parking. Since I checked out before restaurant opened on the last morning, we only had breakfast 2 mornings, Invoice at checkout showed $10 tip for Monday (nothing for Sunday), so I mentioned this to front desk agent. FD insisted that breakfast benefit for Globalist does not include tips. I told him WOH T&C specifically stated gratuities included and some Hyatts automatically include 18%, FD argued with me and said the previous week another Globalist had the same argument with the hotel manager and hotel manager also.said tips not included in Globalist breakfast benefit.

FD refused to acknowledge he was wrong. I told him I will report this to Hyatt Corporate. He then asked if I wanted him to remove the tip from the bill. I told him he can do whatever he wanted, but that I will complain to Hyatt Corporate if the charge is not removed. He finally removed the charge.

Be aware of this issue and be prepared to argue with the FD at checkout.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hawaiian, Hyatt, United
Anyone stay here recently and can comment on or advise staying here or at a different Hyatt in the area?

Bringing our daughter to look at several colleges in the Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs area.

Thinking that staying central is better for us ... open to suggestions.

I'm globalist so somewhere with a club is always welcome.

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
I would suggest the grand Hyatt downtown Denver more central to colorado springs — Fort Collins. The downtown Hyatt Regency is very close to the same level hotel I would book whatever is cheapest. If the same or points booking I would give the edge to the grand Hyatt.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:23 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I would only recommend Grand Hyatt and HR Downtown IF staying on points because of parking fees. I don't care to pay $50+ for parking.

GH has the best Lounge. I would definitely go with GH if staying on points.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Just stayed here for the first time since March... unfortunately the restaurant and quick-cafe is closed but otherwise operating fairly normally.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:13 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any recent stays? How are the condition of the rooms? Less concerned with location.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 10:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ryandc99
Any recent stays? How are the condition of the rooms? Less concerned with location.
I stayed here a few weeks ago for a long weekend. It was the official hotel for a wedding. I booked a suite. It was an odd, tired suite. Others in the group were in various rooms, all the way up to multiple "Presidential" suites. All were tired. Suites without a glass, silver, paper, or anything else in the kitchens. Stains all around. Picture Hyatt Regency SFO, EWR, etc.

Regency Club closed, so the restaurant was slammed. The bed was typical Hyatt, which I value. The staff seemed to really care, so there's that.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
I stayed here a few weeks ago for a long weekend. It was the official hotel for a wedding. I booked a suite. It was an odd, tired suite. Others in the group were in various rooms, all the way up to multiple "Presidential" suites. All were tired. Suites without a glass, silver, paper, or anything else in the kitchens. Stains all around. Picture Hyatt Regency SFO, EWR, etc.

Regency Club closed, so the restaurant was slammed. The bed was typical Hyatt, which I value. The staff seemed to really care, so there's that.
Do you remember if the parking was open? I have to be in the area for a night and this is actually about five bucks cheaper than the HP but I only if parking is free. TIA.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Do you remember if the parking was open? I have to be in the area for a night and this is actually about five bucks cheaper than the HP but I only if parking is free. TIA.
I was there last week. The valet staff were not present, and I was told that all the spots marked “valet only” (which are all the spots outside the garage) are open to park in.

I stayed in a hospitality suite. It has had the soft product updated, but the units are the same tired generic units. The breakfast (which was lower quality than in the past) ended up being added to my folio after I checked out, and was added as “lunch”, so I was not comped. I sent an email to the hotel about it, which bounced. I then contacted my globalist concierge, and she had it taken care of quickly. It is something to be aware of.
Dsnow0819 likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 2:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
My experience was identical to _tim_ I was told by the front desk that they no longer offer valet parking. So much of the Tech Center is a ghost town these days that I suspect they've given up on trying to charge for parking for the time being.

By the way, I see this was your first post on FlyerTalk, _tim_ -- welcome aboard!
_Tim_ and Dsnow0819 like this.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

By the way, I see this was your first post on FlyerTalk, _tim_ -- welcome aboard!
Thank you. Figured it was time to stop lurking and start contributing.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by _Tim_
Thank you. Figured it was time to stop lurking and start contributing.
Thanks for the datapoint!
_Tim_ likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any recent stays and data points on the parking fee, have they gone back to charging for parking?, breakfast situation?
Old Sep 28, 2023, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Any recent stays and data points on the parking fee, have they gone back to charging for parking?, breakfast situation?
I stayed a night in July. Parking is still self-park at any of the valet spot. Was not charged.
Breakfast is included in my rate and IMO it's decent. I don't have a comparison with how it was in the past though.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Quick one night stay last night at a pretty reasonable corporate rate of about $102 + taxes. Was upgraded to a deluxe room, but not a suite. My room had a full size sofa and table, but it was all one big room. Pretty decent, but I forgot to take a picture. Similar to above parking appeared to mostly be a free for all in any of the spots outside the hotel. I wound up not renting a car after all. I arrived by light rail, which is a short walk over the bridge, probably 10 mins from the hotel to the platform.

Breakfast was the worst part of the stay. It is one of the weakest breakfast buffets I've seen at a US Hyatt Regency (if there is a brand standard minimum, they're probably at that). Hot stuff was scrambled eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, french toast, bacon, and chicken sausage. Really miserable looking pastry, cereal and fruit plate with only remnants of berries - which wasn't replenished while I was there. They were also completely slammed and understaffed. Took 5-10 mins for a server to come by, dropped off coffee, asked if I wanted cream and never came back. One of the servers asked the host to stop seating people temporarily until they got caught up. When I left there were probably close to 20 people in line at the host stand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.