FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:04 pm
CIT85

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I just spent 3 nights here last week. My first ever BRG (never knew how to do BRG with any hotel chain) for first 2 nights at $94 (Hotels.com). Got 5000 points after check out.

Parking garage gates were up from Saturday through Tuesday morning, so I did not pay for parking. Since I checked out before restaurant opened on the last morning, we only had breakfast 2 mornings, Invoice at checkout showed $10 tip for Monday (nothing for Sunday), so I mentioned this to front desk agent. FD insisted that breakfast benefit for Globalist does not include tips. I told him WOH T&C specifically stated gratuities included and some Hyatts automatically include 18%, FD argued with me and said the previous week another Globalist had the same argument with the hotel manager and hotel manager also.said tips not included in Globalist breakfast benefit.

FD refused to acknowledge he was wrong. I told him I will report this to Hyatt Corporate. He then asked if I wanted him to remove the tip from the bill. I told him he can do whatever he wanted, but that I will complain to Hyatt Corporate if the charge is not removed. He finally removed the charge.

Be aware of this issue and be prepared to argue with the FD at checkout.