Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 6, 22, 10:04 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by strickerj View Post
That makes sense too. I actually stayed here back in 2001 on a school trip. It's sad to read how it's gone downhill.
Really wanted to stay here in the weeks ahead but for 300 dollars a night that horrible
grab and go market place (sorry not my thing or lines )is a big no go sadly
I opted for a mix of The Conrad Midtown,The Park Hyatt and a low end Marriott property all of which have good breakfasts
Lounge,restaurants,room service or I’m out otherwise
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 7:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK *G
I'm there right now and have to sadly report the lounge is still closed. You now get a 15$ voucher for the food court... great.

There is really nothing Grand about this hotel anymore. Check-In area has been reduced in size with four desks left, half of the lobby is blocked and empty. The Check in process was meh at best, in addition double bedroom suite was not ready at 16:00. Was told I'd get an E-Mail once ready, which I did not get. Went to give luggage, the attitude of some employees seems to match the state of the hotel, I probably wouldn't be motivated working there either... Couldn't even find out if breakfast is a thing. It's as if they are not even trying. You can see some ressemblences of former glory shining through a bit, but the aftertaste is all that's left.

Came back after dinner to get the keys, luggage was not brought up to the room due to Covid rules. Ended up hauling it up myself, which is no big deal really. Was easier trying to locate any Bellboy or other member of staff.

Rooms are nice, but have seen better days. Minibar is empty, one of the cupboards is falling apart. It feels like they are missing some furniture, the living room is really empty and has lots of blank corners where I guess stuff used to be? Overall still not too bad and for 350$ per Person per Night for the double bedroom it's okay I guess. Next time I'm in New York I'll probably try another hotel.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
Came back after dinner to get the keys, luggage was not brought up to the room due to Covid rules.
Huh? You can fly cross-country without a mask, but they won't bring your bags up to the room? Calling bs on the "covid" excuse.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:38 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Huh? You can fly cross-country without a mask, but they won't bring your bags up to the room? Calling bs on the "covid" excuse.
We had an Uber Driver that would not load his trunk with our luggage claiming he could get Covid
touching luggage 😷😳😮
He stood there glaring at us like get to work
So we did it ourselves!
Old Jun 12, 22, 11:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound View Post
We had an Uber Driver that would not load his trunk with our luggage claiming he could get Covid
touching luggage 😷😳😮
He stood there glaring at us like get to work
So we did it ourselves!
Bet, he still wanted his tip for working during a pandemic.
Kacee and strickerj like this.

Search this Thread