Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2011, 5:16 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Just checked out of the Hotel a couple of hours ago.

At checkin, they let me know that the club is only open Monday-Friday until later this spring (I presume as the other poster said the end of March) and that I would receive free breakfast in the restaurant AND 2500 bonus points.

Checkin was amazing and how the heck they know who I am I would like to know as they say welcome Mr. Smilee even before I give them my ID.

I wanted to see what they had for suites, so I requested the e-stand by suite for $59, and it was not a suite, but a connecting room that had a pull out couch. Square footage it made for a large room, and gave the kids a separate sleeping area which was nice except for the family on the 25th floor who let their child scream all night long.

At breakfast this morning we ordered $70 of food, which was all taken off the bill without me even having to ask

It is a really well run hotel with great staff and located in an excellent location if you want to visit Vancouver. It's not a grand or a park, but it is a quality "regency".
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:21 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The RC is, as of yesterday 3pm PT, now open all week long so while we get the Lounge and lovely staff back, we lose the free buffet breakfast and 2500 GP points.

Apparently the hotel will be reprogramming the elevators shortly with one or two elevators dedicated to the higher floors. You also no longer need to swipe the key card to access guest room floors.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Going to be doing a stay here at the end of June. Any promos or discounteed rates for this hotel going on right now?

What is the possibility of a Plat. status getting upgraded?
Old May 12, 2011, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by devastor
Going to be doing a stay here at the end of June. Any promos or discounteed rates for this hotel going on right now?

anyone?
Old May 12, 2011, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To higher floor perhaps... Maybe RC floor if you are lucky - ask at check in.
There aren't that many upgrade options there and even diamonds don't get complimentary upgrades to suites.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:11 pm

thanks azepine00 for the response!
Old May 13, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Gold
anyone?
When I ckecked this afternoon, HR Vancouver still had 2-Double room availability in the last seven days of June for CHOICE-level stay certificates HSCHN1. You won't get stay credit, but it's a lot of $$$ saved.

Some common questions about Hyatt Stay Certificates:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...tificates.html

Because it's capacity-controlled, it's better to call Hyatt, reach the agent who is ready to sell stay certs, but verify the room availability before placing your order. When the deal is done, ask the same agent to make reservation for you using your newly purchased (multiple) HSCHN1 certs.

I don't know anything about their upgrade practices.

Wish you luck.
Old May 14, 2011, 8:09 pm

thanks Neil! That is one route I can take. $145 a night is a great deal.

What about issues with hotel checking corporate codes? Problem is I will be stayin 2 nights using my wive's corp code. She will arriving the 3rd day.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 6:25 pm

which one?

I am currently booked in a jr suite in this Hyatt for the end of july (on a diamond suite cert) but now I am wondering if the Westin Bayshore is nicer (and on the water). I am SPG plat but I might not end up with a comped suite, but still wondering which is a nicer place...
Any insights, please post!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by moebod
I am currently booked in a jr suite in this Hyatt for the end of july (on a diamond suite cert) but now I am wondering if the Westin Bayshore is nicer (and on the water). I am SPG plat but I might not end up with a comped suite, but still wondering which is a nicer place...
You might be underwhelmed by the jr. suite. The Westin Bayshore is an easy winner in my opinion. I would even say the Sheraton beats this Hyatt.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hyatt is a perfectly fine business hotel.

If you are on vacation/leisure, the Westin Bayshore is lovely as you are overlooking the Marina and Stanley park and are directly on the water.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:18 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
The Hyatt is closer to shopping and dining with Robson Street, Granville Street, and Pacific Center a short walk away. There is not as much dining or shopping around the Westin.

As a SPG Plat you will likely be upgraded to a Jr. Suite in the main building which, if on the right side, can have a view towards Canada Place and the new Convention center. The opposite side will be more of a marina and partial Stanley Park view.

Using your DIamond suite upgrade you will get the Deluxe suite which is basically a standard room connected to a parlor room -- you can usually get the Deluxe Suite on e-standby upgrade for about $59 extra. The Regency Club is great at the Hyatt with a decent continental spread in the morning and a decent spread in the evening. Access to transit is way better at the Hyatt as well.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 2:06 pm

Ok thanks everyone for your input. Still confused on where to choose...
I am going for vacation, not business, and dont mind the location if nicer, I dont mind walking/riding to a restaurant. Question is, is the Westin nicer than the Hyatt (or any other spg property?). I like Hyatts usually for the "modern" look (usually PH's) but it sounds like the Westin may beet the Regency here...
I am traveling with 2 kids (age 2 and 4) so a suite would be nice, but I am assuming I will end up with one in the Westin as well, hence the debate which to choose...
Thanks!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 12:44 pm

Ok thanks everyone for your input. Still confused on where to choose...
I am going for vacation, not business, and dont mind the location if nicer, I dont mind walking/riding to a restaurant. Question is, is the Westin nicer than the Hyatt (or any other spg property?). I like Hyatts usually for the "modern" look (usually PH's) but it sounds like the Westin may beet the Regency here...
I am traveling with 2 kids (age 2 and 4) so a suite would be nice, but I am assuming I will end up with one in the Westin as well, hence the debate which to choose...
Thanks!
anyone??
Old Jul 3, 2011, 1:33 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most of us here have a lot of Hyatt experience but not nearly as many (in this forum) have much *wood experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.