FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Vancouver - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:18 am
luxury

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Originally Posted by moebod
I am currently booked in a jr suite in this Hyatt for the end of july (on a diamond suite cert) but now I am wondering if the Westin Bayshore is nicer (and on the water). I am SPG plat but I might not end up with a comped suite, but still wondering which is a nicer place...
Any insights, please post!
The Hyatt is closer to shopping and dining with Robson Street, Granville Street, and Pacific Center a short walk away. There is not as much dining or shopping around the Westin.

As a SPG Plat you will likely be upgraded to a Jr. Suite in the main building which, if on the right side, can have a view towards Canada Place and the new Convention center. The opposite side will be more of a marina and partial Stanley Park view.

Using your DIamond suite upgrade you will get the Deluxe suite which is basically a standard room connected to a parlor room -- you can usually get the Deluxe Suite on e-standby upgrade for about $59 extra. The Regency Club is great at the Hyatt with a decent continental spread in the morning and a decent spread in the evening. Access to transit is way better at the Hyatt as well.