Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Houston IAH has the 1000 point option on the card, but did not post properly (fixed by GP on request). Bonita Springs did not have the option two weeks ago.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Still claiming that "the system won't allow us to use it" at SJC.
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:07 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I have about 7 stays this month and my experience is that I ask them to code in the points amenity ("1W") whether or not they have it on the card. If they cannot make it work I call the diamond line after the stay posts and get it manually entered. I dont take another amenity, so I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to the 1k points. I havent gotten any slack from the diamond line about this request. Most properties know about it and get the code entered but there are a few that are still learning. I get about the same results with the G code bonuses. I have about 16k in bonuses between the G and W codes this month so a few quick calls is worth it. Though it would be nice if the individual properties were trained better.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:51 pm

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
Sadly, typical.....

Sadly this is pretty typical of Hyatt. Outside the US the Gold Passport is pretty useless, particularly compared with SPG. Even relatively simple matters such as the posting of points seem to take forever, have an error rate of about 50%. In contrast the SPG site has points on the system almost before one has left the hotel. I wouldn;t hold my breath for Hyatt to introduce this scheme to international properties...and even if they do anticiapte weeks for crediting and lots of mistakes. I am sick of chasing points with Hyatt in follow up emails (rarely if ever answered) and phone calls ( at least this seems to reult in some action). However, at least relative to SPG, the system is pathetic. FFNights is also hopelessly slow in crediting stays.

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members,

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback for the new Diamond Amenity offer. At this time, the 1,000 bonus point option is only available at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. However, we are working to develop an offering for the international properties as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
[email protected]
Old Sep 30, 2005, 11:33 pm

Programs: HHGold; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; AA Platinum; NWA Gold
Originally Posted by rfrost
Both Irvine and Orange County/Garden Grove have it on their amenity sheets. La Jolla did not have a clue.
Amen to that....Definitely La Jolla is clueless to any GP promotion...been there twice. Same problem. Also Hyatt Lake Las Vegas, clueless to any GP promotion.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:15 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

PH Chicago does not have this on their amenity sheet.
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by jayer
Houston IAH has the 1000 point option on the card, but did not post properly (fixed by GP on request). Bonita Springs did not have the option two weeks ago.
I'm having the same problem with the IAH property. I'll have to call
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by thebeggar
Amen to that....Definitely La Jolla is clueless to any GP promotion...been there twice. Same problem. Also Hyatt Lake Las Vegas, clueless to any GP promotion.
I stay at the La Jolla regularly and they are happy to add the G1 and W1 codes when I check in, although I do need to remind them rather than them just adding it.

Once I saw the G1 promotion I actually called the GP line and they back dated all my stays during this time so my points went up a large amount when they did that. I had a friend who managed to get the G bonuses back dated as well.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 10:03 pm

Didn't receive Amenity Card

I was just wondering what happens if you weren't offered an amentity card when you check in. Is there any extra bonuses involved due to them forgetting? I know that for other chains offer you a bonus like cash so I was wondering if Hyatt does the same or if I just have to call up later and get the W1 added?

Hope someone can help out there.

Thanks again
Old Oct 21, 2005, 10:48 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Originally Posted by paul577
Sadly this is pretty typical of Hyatt. Outside the US the Gold Passport is pretty useless, particularly compared with SPG. Even relatively simple matters such as the posting of points seem to take forever, have an error rate of about 50%. In contrast the SPG site has points on the system almost before one has left the hotel. I wouldn;t hold my breath for Hyatt to introduce this scheme to international properties...and even if they do anticiapte weeks for crediting and lots of mistakes. I am sick of chasing points with Hyatt in follow up emails (rarely if ever answered) and phone calls ( at least this seems to reult in some action). However, at least relative to SPG, the system is pathetic. FFNights is also hopelessly slow in crediting stays.
You are SOOOOOO right!Actually had an e-mail answered today after 2 weeks.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:44 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Dtc

You mentioned that DTC has a new amenity card.

Unfortunately they took away the "BoulderHyattHopper" special:

Bottle of Bubbly!!!

I had the Director of Rooms add it and it was a full bottle of Chandon.
Old Nov 6, 2005, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt - Diamond
Originally Posted by meducate
Checked into the Hyatt Regency in Chicago last week and was told by the clerk that the only Diamond amenity that they offered was a $25 food and beverage credit. I thought about arguing, but thought better of it. Used the credit happily.
This weekend I noticed that the Hyatt Regency Chicago has new amenity cards that include the 1000 bonus option. The person at the front desk said they stopped the $25 food credit a few weeks ago.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Originally Posted by BatTeam
This weekend I noticed that the Hyatt Regency Chicago has new amenity cards that include the 1000 bonus option. The person at the front desk said they stopped the $25 food credit a few weeks ago.

Bummer I was looking forward to that.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:52 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
1000 points on FFN/Points Stays.....

Having used some FFN's over the weekend and asking for the 1000 points as the gift, I wanted to post some new knowledge with you on the subject. This has been a very hot discussion topic on this board, so I wanted to elaborate on my experience and what I was told:

1. The 1000 points does qualify on FFN/Points stays.
2. It will not post automatically. You will have to call Gold Passport.
3. If you don't have an eligible charge, then the stay won't show up at all, and GP CS will have to force a $1 stay into your account to post the 1000 points. So make that darned directory assistance call to save you and them some time.
4. You will have to call after every stay you want the bonus on because the system will not apply it since it's not a stay credit.

After being assured at each hotel that the ammenity is a gift to diamonds, not a bonus and that it didn't matter what rate you pay, my points didn't show up with the incidental posting. However, a call to GP CS warranted me the 3k points plus the knowledge I shared above.

Hope this helps clear some things up.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My experience has been completely different than yours.

1. The 1000 points does qualify on FFN/Points stays.
2. It will not post automatically. You will have to call Gold Passport.
I received points for each of 2 separate FFN stays without having to ask for it. The choice was on the amenity card & I selected it. No fuss, no hassle, no calls to be made.
3. If you don't have an eligible charge, then the stay won't show up at all, and GP CS will have to force a $1 stay into your account to post the 1000 points. So make that darned directory assistance call to save you and them some time.
Again, not my experience - I never have any incidental charges at my local hyatt and the G2 bonus as well as 1W posts without fail. This includes when I check in fully prepaid.

4. You will have to call after every stay you want the bonus on because the system will not apply it since it's not a stay credit.
I've only had to call the Diamond line once or twice this FFN period, and that's to have the MC notation added to my account. Everything else posted as it should.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.