FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:51 pm
paul577

Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
Sadly, typical.....

Sadly this is pretty typical of Hyatt. Outside the US the Gold Passport is pretty useless, particularly compared with SPG. Even relatively simple matters such as the posting of points seem to take forever, have an error rate of about 50%. In contrast the SPG site has points on the system almost before one has left the hotel. I wouldn;t hold my breath for Hyatt to introduce this scheme to international properties...and even if they do anticiapte weeks for crediting and lots of mistakes. I am sick of chasing points with Hyatt in follow up emails (rarely if ever answered) and phone calls ( at least this seems to reult in some action). However, at least relative to SPG, the system is pathetic. FFNights is also hopelessly slow in crediting stays.

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Dear FlyerTalk Members,

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback for the new Diamond Amenity offer. At this time, the 1,000 bonus point option is only available at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. However, we are working to develop an offering for the international properties as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
[email protected]