FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/469169-1000-point-diamond-amenity-check-once-per-stay.html)

limo Sep 1, 2005 3:25 pm

Are there "amenity points" awarded upon checkin as a Plat / Diamond?

With SPG and Marriott full service properties, they offer a choice of welcome amenities such as Ice-cream, bottles of water, cheeseplate or extra points. Does Hyatt offer similar thing? If so, how much points would they award if you pick that option?

richee Sep 1, 2005 5:17 pm

For Hyatt Diamonds, extra points is not one of the welcome amenity options.

UpgradeMe Sep 1, 2005 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by richee
For Hyatt Diamonds, extra points is not one of the welcome amenity options.

Except in NYC.

limo Sep 1, 2005 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Except in NYC.

Whats the case in NYC?

richee Sep 1, 2005 8:23 pm

Except in NYC.

I stand corrected. Interesting. I didn't know that (Haven't ever stayed at a Hyatt in NYC). Which leads to a follow-up question. Are there any other Hyatt's that offers points as an option for the Diamond amenity? My list of Hyatts I have stayed at is far from exhastive, and I personally have never encountered any.

ricepaddy2 Sep 1, 2005 10:56 pm

Except in NYC.

Hyatt Jersey City offered 1,000 points as one of the amenity choices when I was there in June, 2005.

yyzDJ Sep 2, 2005 1:11 am

Just checked into the GH San Francisco. Their new amenity cards have an option to collect 1,000 GP Points.

gregorygrady Sep 3, 2005 1:07 am

GOOD NEWS GP DIAMONDS!!!

I just checked into the HR Charlotte a couple hours ago (I had an overnight layover at CLT from an International flight and chose the HR Charlotte solely due to the new FFN promo.......and their cheap $85 hyatt.com rate). Their website says its 5 miles to the airport, I expected a $10-15 taxi ride but when I called from the airport to see if they had an airport shuttle and they said "No", I asked how much a cab was and they said about $30 one-way. :( Since I couldn't bail, I ended up just renting a car since it was a cheaper option.

But on to the good news, when I checked in and they gave me the Diamond Amenity Card, I circled the food and drink options that sounded the most appealing to me (although it was almost midnight and nothing sounded real appealing to me since I just ate right before getting there). I was about to give the front desk employee the card back when at the bottom I noticed an "Alternative Option", which consisted of 1,000 Bonus GP Points (Code "W1"). I quickly crossed out my F&B options and chose the GP points and then asked them if this was new. He said that they just got these new cards in from GP yesterday and he thought that the bonus points was going to be an option at ALL Hyatts. It looked like a standard GP form, one that they would send out so all the Amenity cards would look similar. So my guess is that they are emulating SPG on this one with their 500 SPG point Plat bonus!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Especially since there are many times when I don't "appreciate" the Amenity as much as I should (e.g., I just ate..........I'm checking in late............I'm in a hurry.............I want to go straight to sleep, etc) and I would rather just have some extra points. I think the GP bonus is even more generous than the SPG Plat bonus though. I value the SPG 500 pt. bonus at $9-10 and I value the 1000 GP point bonus at $15. NICE!!!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Thanks Hyatt!!!!!! I sure hope this bonus is in fact offered at all Hyatt properties. And from what the front desk guy said as well as from yyzDJ's above experience at GH SF, it looks like this could be the case. ^

If this a standard across all Hyatts, this will definitely be a step in the right direction for Asian Diamond "Non-Amenities". Many of those properties never offer anything and if I could just request my 1000 bonus points, I wouldn't have to deal with the runaround from them to find out why I get no Amenity. Since FFN just started yesterday, I'm sure there will be lots of experiences this weekend with Hyatt Diamond Amenities. Please share your experiences here so we know if this is a new Corporation-wide policy.

bbbb Sep 3, 2005 2:00 pm

1000 point diamond amenity

When I checked into the Manchester Grand today the amenity card had 1000 gp points as a choice. The desk clerk said this is now standard at all Hyatts. ^

Gabatta Sep 3, 2005 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb
When I checked into the Manchester Grand today the amenity card had 1000 gp points as a choice. The desk clerk said this is now standard at all Hyatts. ^

If this is true is is a great decision by Hyatt ^ . Can anyone confirm with other Hyatts? I would much rather 1000gp points then unripe fruit any day!

thezipper Sep 3, 2005 3:54 pm

More 1000 Point Amenity Hotels

On check-in last night at the Hyatt Fair Lakes they said it was too late to get the Diamond Amenity, but I noticed at the bottom of the sheet there was a note for 1,000 points bonus.... well guess what I picked! That plus the 2,000 bonus for this property on the weekend plus my rate nets me about 4,000 points for one night stay.

Posted to my account from my Sept 2 stay....

Earnings Detail

Description: Amount: Credit Type:

Base Points 383 Points

Diamond Amenity Bonus 1,000 Points

Diamond Bonus 115 Points

2,000 Bonus Points 2,000 Points

MasterCard Charge 0

Total: 3,498 Points

Also, staying at the Hyatt Dulles tonight and they, as well, offered the 1,000 point bonus as an amenity option... but I was hungry, so I took the wine & cheese.

gregorygrady Sep 3, 2005 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by Gabatta
If this is true is is a great decision by Hyatt ^ . Can anyone confirm with other Hyatts? I would much rather 1000gp points then unripe fruit any day!

Looks like this GP 1000 point bonus is standard at all Hyatt locations (hopefully including Int'l Hyatts...........if you have experience at an Int'l Hyatt, please post it here) effective 9/1/05. Two other positive confirmations from an earlier thread yesterday:

Originally Posted by yyzDJ
Just checked into the GH San Francisco. Their new amenity cards have an option to collect 1,000 GP Points.

AND MY EXPERIENCE:

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
GOOD NEWS GP DIAMONDS!!!

I just checked into the HR Charlotte a couple hours ago (I had an overnight layover at CLT from an International flight and chose the HR Charlotte solely due to the new FFN promo.......and their cheap $85 hyatt.com rate). Their website says its 5 miles to the airport, I expected a $10-15 taxi ride but when I called from the airport to see if they had an airport shuttle and they said "No", I asked how much a cab was and they said about $30 one-way. :( Since I couldn't bail, I ended up just renting a car since it was a cheaper option.

But on to the good news, when I checked in and they gave me the Diamond Amenity Card, I circled the food and drink options that sounded the most appealing to me (although it was almost midnight and nothing sounded real appealing to me since I just ate right before getting there). I was about to give the front desk employee the card back when at the bottom I noticed an "Alternative Option", which consisted of 1,000 Bonus GP Points (Code "W1"). I quickly crossed out my F&B options and chose the GP points and then asked them if this was new. He said that they just got these new cards in from GP yesterday and he thought that the bonus points was going to be an option at ALL Hyatts. It looked like a standard GP form, one that they would send out so all the Amenity cards would look similar. So my guess is that they are emulating SPG on this one with their 500 SPG point Plat bonus!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Especially since there are many times when I don't "appreciate" the Amenity as much as I should (e.g., I just ate..........I'm checking in late............I'm in a hurry.............I want to go straight to sleep, etc) and I would rather just have some extra points. I think the GP bonus is even more generous than the SPG Plat bonus though. I value the SPG 500 pt. bonus at $9-10 and I value the 1000 GP point bonus at $15. NICE!!!!! ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Thanks Hyatt!!!!!! I sure hope this bonus is in fact offered at all Hyatt properties. And from what the front desk guy said as well as from yyzDJ's above experience at GH SF, it looks like this could be the case. ^

If this a standard across all Hyatts, this will definitely be a step in the right direction for Asian Diamond "Non-Amenities". Many of those properties never offer anything and if I could just request my 1000 bonus points, I wouldn't have to deal with the runaround from them to find out why I get no Amenity. Since FFN just started yesterday, I'm sure there will be lots of experiences this weekend with Hyatt Diamond Amenities. Please share your experiences here so we know if this is a new Corporation-wide policy.

richee Sep 3, 2005 9:56 pm

Checked into the Hyatt SFO today. They too have the new Diamond amenity card with the 1000 points as an option. ^

windwalker Sep 4, 2005 12:05 am

Originally Posted by richee
Checked into the Hyatt SFO today. They too have the new Diamond amenity card with the 1000 points as an option. ^

So did I. Noticed the new card but damn missed the 1000-although was hungry so what the heck.
Don't forget your G3-1500 pts for this stay

GUWonder Sep 4, 2005 4:41 am

Being Diamond at Hyatt is just a whole lot better than at Hilton. :)