Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
This is great news. Follows our talks here within FT about collecting bottles of wine. Nice to have a point option.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I did get both the G2 & Diamond amenity points. So, for about $120 I got 3500 points plus 1/2 FFN. I'm wondering if phantom stays are even worth it any longer unless the rate is really really low.

What's your opinion? How much do you think 3000 points are worth in room price differential?
Now we just need to find a way to get the 1,000 point amenity on phantom stays.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 2:59 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
1000 Diamond Amenity only available ONCE PER HOTEL

I am on the phone with my favorite Diamond Reservations agent, Terry (the male). He is awesome.

He has informed me that you can only use the 1000 Diamond Amenity ONCE per hotel.

He read me the documentation on it.

Can anyone else confirm that this is a true statement?

I guess you can have as many bottles of bubbly at the Hyatt DTC, but only 1000 GP points!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That sounds odd... BUT, I had 2 stays in NB over the weekend. The second has not yet posted, so I'll let you know.

I can tell you that they put thee "1W" code on the second reservation when I checked in.

I'll post back when it hits my account.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:18 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Did the first one's have the 1000 bonus on it?
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Yes, without any prompting from me. I received the G2 bonus and the diamond amenity 1000 points. It shows up on my folio that way (online).

It also had the MC notation. BUT, it wasn't a prepaid stay. I paid when I checked in.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
When I checked my account on-line for my 9/03 stay at SFO, the G3 bonus was there, but not the 1W. I called Customer Service, and Tina immediately added it to my account.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:55 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear BoulderHyattHopper,

As with any Diamond Welcome Amenity, you receive one choice per stay. However, if you visit a hotel more that once, you will indeed have the opportunity to choose the option for a food and beverage amenity or 1,000 Gold Passport bonus points on each separate stay.

We apologize for any confusion.

Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:57 pm

How can it be an option on the amenity card if you can only get it once? Don't make since to me.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

OK - I've merged three threads for housekeeping purposes - so the discussion may not flow very smoothly since I did not edit any posts - Thanks!!

peteropny - co-moderator - Hyatt

BHH - I think that Terry may have confused the 1000 points per stay versus per night or something like that.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:22 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

OK - I guess that we need to make another decision every stay now - more points or amenity. If you value GP points at 1-1.5 cents, then the 1000 point amenity is worth $10-15 which I would guess is usually less than the hotel "price" for the food amenity but probably more than we have to pay for the same items at a liquor/grocery store.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the clarification...

Thanks for merging this. Sorry it might not flow and I hope it works out!

I love Terry and I know he works very hard to be fair.

I will have to check back about the second stay at the Hyatt DTC.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Since the new Diamond Amenity cards debuted on 9/1, I've stayed at the Grand Hyatt SF, Hyatt SFO, and Hyatt Grand Champions. All had the new cards with the addition of both the 1000 GP and the new option of 2-Kettle One minis. I used the vodka on some but the points option on the Grand Champion stay. The computer wouldn't take the 1W code and reception told me it would be added later (This was after I explained to the person checking me out what the "1000GP Diamond Amenity" was and where to find it). Training seems to be an issue. When Hyatt rolls out a new Amenity card shouldn't the front desk review it and get trained on the additions? All three checkins were 'big eyed' comments like, "Yea, this the first time I've seen this new card too'.!!
Old Sep 6, 2005, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
OK - I guess that we need to make another decision every stay now - more points or amenity. If you value GP points at 1-1.5 cents, then the 1000 point amenity is worth $10-15 which I would guess is usually less than the hotel "price" for the food amenity but probably more than we have to pay for the same items at a liquor/grocery store.
If I had to pay for them, I'd value the standard amenities as follows:

2 Soft Drinks = $2-3
2 Juices = $2-3
2 Beers = $3-4
Milk = $2-$3
Bottle of Estancia = $0.99 (Can't stand that stuff)

Cheese Plate = $5
Cookies = $3-$4
Strawberries/Sour Cream/Brown Sugar = $4
Fruit Plate = $2-$3
Chips/Salsa = $4

So that's averages out to about $7 for a Diamond Amenity (yes, I know Hyatt would normally charge about triple that for a Diamond Amentiy and probably pays 1.5X what I value it out since I hear they also pay the server gratuity, etc.

And I value the 1000 GP points at ~$14. So I'd have to say I'm going to take the points almost all the time. Definitely when I'm by myself. However, the wife appreciates my Diamond Amenity more than I do so I'll probably choose the F&B amenity when I'm with her. And at the nicer properties (PH's), I'll still choose the F&B amenity as they are nicer & more expensive there. For example the $30 bottles of wine/champagne available at PH Chicago or the Chocolate Covered Strawberries at PH Chicago or PH LA that although they probably don't cost a fortune are definitely something to enjoy. But I definitely give two thumbs up ( ^ ^ ) to the new bonus points option on the amenity card.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

As an amenity, 1000 pt should be available on PL and other "ineligible" stays, right? Can anyone confirm?

BTW Hyatt Calgary did not have 1000 pt option on amenity selection card last friday but a call to GP today fixed that in no time. Thanks GP! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.