Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Have there been any renovations or changes made at this hotel in the past few years? Last time I was there, it was 2016!
All dining outlets have been renovated but the rooms are the same old. The only difference is they've removed the ratty wool carpets.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:08 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Had a lovely two day stay there last weekend. Very easy to find if you come out of Exit 1 at Samseong Station.
Upgraded to a suite (Globalist and Amex Fine Hotels) on the 20th floor. Breakfast in Cornerstone was great each morning.
Staff could not have been nicer - jumping to call the lifts as we came in to the property and transferred lifts on the 24th Floor.
Noise from the road can be a little bothersome, but overall I really enjoyed it and would recommend the place.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Markie
Had a lovely two day stay there last weekend. Very easy to find if you come out of Exit 1 at Samseong Station.
Upgraded to a suite (Globalist and Amex Fine Hotels) on the 20th floor. Breakfast in Cornerstone was great each morning.
Staff could not have been nicer - jumping to call the lifts as we came in to the property and transferred lifts on the 24th Floor.
Noise from the road can be a little bothersome, but overall I really enjoyed it and would recommend the place.
Some taxis still don't know it and it's been there since 2004 or 2006?
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Alaska & Hyatt
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Right in time for cherry blossom season.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't the 20,000 F&B voucher only about two drinks?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Isn't the 20,000 F&B voucher only about two drinks?
More like 1 coffee or you'd have to chip extra in for alcohol.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:00 am

I’m looking for updated pricing info for the breakfast buffet at the Cornerstone restaurant. I’m staying nearby but not in this hotel. I’ve read many good things about their breakfast buffet but would like to know the cost and any other info like specific food descriptions if you could be so kind. I’m in town for a few more days so hoping to hear back from everyone quickly.
Old May 26, 2019, 8:41 am

http://www.seoul.park.hyattrestauran..._BK_Buffet.pdf

48,000 KW - about $41
Old May 26, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by db1234db1234
I’m looking for updated pricing info for the breakfast buffet at the Cornerstone restaurant. I’m staying nearby but not in this hotel. I’ve read many good things about their breakfast buffet but would like to know the cost and any other info like specific food descriptions if you could be so kind. I’m in town for a few more days so hoping to hear back from everyone quickly.
I'd rather have the breakfast buffet at FS Seoul's Market Kitchen than Cornerstone. Cornerstone's selection is rather small and same goes for their a la carte items.

Last edited by Aventine; May 26, 2019 at 10:02 pm Reason: Typo
Old May 26, 2019, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
I'd rather have the breakfast buffet at FS Seoul'a Market Kitchen than Cornerstone. Cornerstone's selection is rather small and same goes for their a la carte items.
Perhaps, but FS is too far from Gangnum for breakfast. Thank you for saying Cornerstone selection is small as with us, quantity and selection makes a good first impression.
Old May 26, 2019, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by db1234db1234

Perhaps, but FS is too far from Gangnum for breakfast. Thank you for saying Cornerstone selection is small as with us, quantity and selection makes a good first impression.
JW Marriott Seoul's breakfast buffet might be better since the entire hotel underwent a renovation. The only other hotel nearby PH is Le Meridien.
Old May 28, 2019, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What happened to the two IC properties near but on opposite sides of CODEX?

Also, if you mean the JW at Design Center, it's very far.

I'm confused as I know that you know Seoul very well.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What happened to the two IC properties near but on opposite sides of CODEX?

Also, if you mean the JW at Design Center, it's very far.

I'm confused as I know that you know Seoul very well.
I meant the newly renovated JW Marriott Seoul at the Express Bus Terminal in Gangnam and totally forgot about the ICs. I've never stayed at the ICs and they're probably on the 2nd tier of Seoul luxury.
Old May 28, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: CI Emerald. Marriott Plat. Hyatt Globalist.
Just a heads up, my friend recently stayed at the hotel and stated the $100 credit through FHR, Virtuoso, and Prive is essentially useless. Front desk will give you a card stating what F/B options are excluded. This includes in-room dining and various items in all restaurants. A pretty cheap move imo...
gpeso8 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.