Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Planning a leisure trip to Seoul for the end of March. Plane lands at around 5:30 PM, so by the time we get through customs, etc., I'm sure it would be after 7, maybe even closer to 8, by the time we get to the PH. Thinking of just staying the 1st night at the HR Incheon, which would be about US$140 cheaper. Does this sound like a good idea, or just a poor use of vacation time?
I kind of doubt that it will take you over an hour to clear customs. On my last trip through Seoul, it took less than 20 minutes, and that was during an A380 arrival from DXB.

Just catch the Airport Express bus to CALT, and the PH will pay for a taxi to the hotel (two~ blocks away).

ETA: I'd double check the times of the bus. Thinking about it, there may be a bit of a wait for the next one to depart from the airport.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: Skypass MMC, Delta Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium
It is true that it will be past seven when you arrive at PH Seoul. Airport Express can take up to two hours during that time. It usually takes slightly above an hour to get to the CALT, but once it took me two hours when I arrive on Friday and took the Airport Limo around 6PM.

However, I don't think it's better to stay at HR Inchon. Yes, it is cheaper, but what can you expect from staying at HR Inchon? There's nothing to do. In contrast, if you check-in at PH Seoul, you can have additional night of Seoul excitement. I think it is worth $140.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Planning a leisure trip to Seoul for the end of March. Plane lands at around 5:30 PM, so by the time we get through customs, etc., I'm sure it would be after 7, maybe even closer to 8, by the time we get to the PH. Thinking of just staying the 1st night at the HR Incheon, which would be about US$140 cheaper. Does this sound like a good idea, or just a poor use of vacation time?
The Hyatt Incheon is quite a decent hotel but it really is mostly designed for layovers. I'd say get into town and stay at the PH.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:02 am

New GM

Frederic Boulin is the new GM at PH Seoul

http://www.koreaherald.com/business/...20120109000992
Old Mar 3, 2012, 3:17 pm

Stayed in a Park Suite (upgraded with 2*6000 points).

Suite:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....att-seoul.html
Suite Details:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....t-seoul-2.html
Hotel:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....t-seoul-3.html
Breakfast:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....t-seoul-4.html
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
For diamonds who've stayed here, what are the breakfast choices? I know in room breakfast is standard fare, but is there a breakfast buffet option?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by lagunas2k
For diamonds who've stayed here, what are the breakfast choices? I know in room breakfast is standard fare, but is there a breakfast buffet option?
You get access to the entire buffet (delicious) in the Cornerstone Restaurant. Included freshly made eggs, various pastries, juices, fruits, meats, etc, etc, etc.. Lots to choose from!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
You get access to the entire buffet (delicious) in the Cornerstone Restaurant. Included freshly made eggs, various pastries, juices, fruits, meats, etc, etc, etc.. Lots to choose from!
Nice ^
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Dia, HH Gold
Agree, the breakfast is great. We had to check out very early to catch a flight, so the manager offer us breakfast in the room. They served a lovely breakfast in our suite at 6 AM. Great hotel.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by aasjcflyer
Agree, the breakfast is great. We had to check out very early to catch a flight, so the manager offer us breakfast in the room. They served a lovely breakfast in our suite at 6 AM. Great hotel.
Is breakfast in the room not normally an option? Do we not get a choice at the PHS?
Old May 1, 2012, 10:09 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, WoH Explorist, AS MVP, UA*S
Cool Hyatt credit card 3x pt bonus for stay at PH SEL

Hi, all:

Just had an amazing stay at the PH Seoul, and I used my (U.S.) Hyatt credit card to pay for my stay. I noticed that the charge shows up on Chase online banking as Hyundai. While that by itself isn't alarming--I think someone on this thread mentioned this already, and it says the same thing in Korean/hangul on the folio and printed card machine receipt ...I wasn't sure if this would mean Chase wouldn't automatically recognize the charge as a "Hyatt" transaction that qualifies for the 3x point bonus because my Hyatt credit card statement would list the transaction as "Hyundai" and not "Park Hyatt Seoul".

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I've had similar problems where stays at a Hyatt House showed up on my statement as "Hotel Sierra", but a quick secure message to Chase online banking fixed that. I'm curious if I'd have to try something similar with the PH Seoul as well, if things don't automatically work out once the statement period ends.
Old May 4, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ArkaySF
Hi, all:

Just had an amazing stay at the PH Seoul, and I used my (U.S.) Hyatt credit card to pay for my stay. I noticed that the charge shows up on Chase online banking as Hyundai. While that by itself isn't alarming--I think someone on this thread mentioned this already, and it says the same thing in Korean/hangul on the folio and printed card machine receipt ...I wasn't sure if this would mean Chase wouldn't automatically recognize the charge as a "Hyatt" transaction that qualifies for the 3x point bonus because my Hyatt credit card statement would list the transaction as "Hyundai" and not "Park Hyatt Seoul".

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I've had similar problems where stays at a Hyatt House showed up on my statement as "Hotel Sierra", but a quick secure message to Chase online banking fixed that. I'm curious if I'd have to try something similar with the PH Seoul as well, if things don't automatically work out once the statement period ends.
No issues with proper point awards using Chase Hyatt card here at the hotel. I already received credit from a 4 day stay and posted correctly on my account. Mine showed Hyndai as well for the charges.
Old May 4, 2012, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Odd the bathroom door doesn't fully close

Anyone else think its odd the door doesn't fully close? The only explanation I can think of is that the door is glass like material and if closed quickly or forcefully against the Granite it would shatter. I prefer something a little more private when taking care of business however. Wouldn't be a problem if I was by myself, but a little awkward in any case.
Old May 4, 2012, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by rookie10
Anyone else think its odd the door doesn't fully close? The only explanation I can think of is that the door is glass like material and if closed quickly or forcefully against the Granite it would shatter. I prefer something a little more private when taking care of business however. Wouldn't be a problem if I was by myself, but a little awkward in any case.
I thought the same thing. There was at least about a 2-3 in gap... I imagine it would shatter. Their bidet is fantastic though. So many customizable options... ^
Old May 5, 2012, 11:24 pm

I was hoping someone here could clarify the following for me before I stay at this property for 4 nights in July.

1) Bathroom privacy. I know that in this PH (and others around the world) that the bathroom isn't exactly self-contained. I just read that the door doesn't shut completely due to the materials used. Can people in the bedroom see into the shower/tub/toilet area? Is there a separate partition for the toilet? Has this been an issue/disturbance for anyone?

2) Transportation from ICN. As this is a very special occasion for me, I was hoping to work out private car service from ICN. The PH website says 150,000 KRW but does anyone know what kind of vehicle this is?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.